Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Don't Focus on Bills just yet
I am getting concerned because many posters are thinking the game against the Ravens Sunday night is a shoe in. Yes, I hope we move on to play the Bills. But, we need to focus on this game first. It seems the underdog has nothing to lose and the Ravens will be playing that way. I hope the Bengals get up for this game and play well. Otherwise, it would be an embarrassment to our team.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I don’t know why that would concern you. I certainly don’t think beating the Ravens is a given by any means, but it really wouldn’t matter if I declared it a slam dunk lock.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Superstition.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I’m sure ZT and Joe will run to the media and blame the bengals board if they go out there and play like garbage. Ravens are trash w/o Lamar. It’s pretty much a bye week if we can stay healthy. Looking forward to the Bills!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 11:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I am getting concerned because many posters are thinking the game against the Ravens Sunday night is a shoe in. Yes, I hope we move on to play the Bills. But, we need to focus on this game first. It seems the underdog has nothing to lose and the Ravens will be playing that way. I hope the Bengals get up for this game and play well. Otherwise, it would be an embarrassment to our team.

I never understand these comments?  Fans on a message board or Twitter have as much of a chance to impact a current game by discussing the next one about as much as everyone one of us winning the lottery on the same day with different numbers.

Reply/Quote
I keep hearing about how we played them twice already. I put that argument in the same as weather. It is the same for both teams. No advantage for either.
Reply/Quote
It really does not matter what the fans think or say. It matters what the players and coaches know or think.
Reply/Quote
We can focus on anybody because I’m pretty sure the team had focused on the Ravens.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 11:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I am getting concerned because many posters are thinking the game against the Ravens Sunday night is a shoe in. Yes, I hope we move on to play the Bills. But, we need to focus on this game first. It seems the underdog has nothing to lose and the Ravens will be playing that way. I hope the Bengals get up for this game and play well. Otherwise, it would be an embarrassment to our team.

....I need to focus on the bills game and not look ahead?

I don’t play for the bengals
Reply/Quote
Its going to a tough game. Anyone underestimating the Ravens are in for a surprise. *Disclaimer: Happy to eat my words.

Reply/Quote
I too worry about this being a trap game.

I haven't re-watched the last one. And only saw it from the stands. It looked like an off game. And I thought Burrow was leading the way showing an urgency to win, at least on O, while others didn't seem as interested, and I understand why for multiple reasons.

But our guys just gone done playing them and know what we are up against. So I don't think they will look past this game. They felt the disrespect the Ravens came in to our house with last week.
Reply/Quote
I hope my mom packs the right jersey, cuz Zac said I might get in the game this Sunday.......
Reply/Quote
Thankfully no one on here is suiting up Sunday then. PTBD kicking in for OP.
Reply/Quote
I've already moved my focus to Chiefs-Bengals so I'm hoping this doesn't come back to hurt the team
Reply/Quote
I'm focused on the draft because the Bengals are going to beat the 49ers in the SB
Reply/Quote
Double dipping is a bad omen. I wouldnt be surprised if we lost this game.
Reply/Quote
I don;t know, I think we're screwed. "Moving the Chains" spent 30 minutes discussing how the Bills/Chief's game will be in Atlanta, and why Atlanta was chosen. They aren't focusing on the Bengals/Ravens game.... we're in trouble. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 03:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I too worry about this being a trap game.

I haven't re-watched the last one. And only saw it from the stands. It looked like an off game. And I thought Burrow was leading the way showing an urgency to win, at least on O, while others didn't seem as interested, and I understand why for multiple reasons.

But our guys just got done playing them and know what we are up against. So I don't think they will look past this game. They felt the disrespect the Ravens came in to our house with last week.

There is no way in hell the team is going to fall into a trap by looking ahead. They are dealing with a division rival who went out of their way to play dirty last weekend. Joe admitted that he played poorly last weekend. And we know that doesn’t happen 2 games ina row.

I expect this team to come out very focused on the job at hand

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 03:47 AM)wanga Wrote: Thankfully no one on here is suiting up Sunday then. PTBD kicking in for OP.

What? Zac said he needed someone from this board to play in the game!
Reply/Quote

What the fans think doesn't matter in the least.
Reply/Quote