Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't Focus on the schedule. We need the Division! Ok
(05-15-2022, 07:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's nothing new

Unfortunately, I and a few others agree with Fred on this one.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 09:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Unfortunately, I and a few others agree with Fred on this one.

I know, but it was too good to pass up.

We still need to win our division, ko any tie breakers, but it's more based on overall record now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dont care how, I dont care where, I dont care against who. I just the Bengals to win that Lombardi trophy.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 09:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not going to see the field so is it alright if I focus on certain games?

Hilarious

but yes, let Zac focus the players on week-to-week football while us fans enjoy the prime time action. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 07:17 PM)jason Wrote: Winning the division will never have us on the outside looking in...

"Well, ashtually..."

You knew what he meant. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no.  I never said anything like that.

I just pointed out that every game counts when it comes to winning the division.  And the exact same thing applies to getting a wild card spot.  Going 6-0 in the division does not guarantee a division title or a wild card.

Get it now?

You mentioned Tampa Bay not winning the division but still hoisting a Lombardi, which implied the possibility of Cincy getting a WC Spot.

Look at least year. Bengals had to either win the North or go home with how the standings played out.  Division or go home will probably be the scenario this season too.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:50 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Lets not get caught up in the prime time games.
The only way to do this with our cards is to win the division. Don't look at the Dallas game because it doesn't help us this time! Its all about the divisional games this season folks. WE HAVE TO WIN THE AFCN!! OK
Its all about division this season and once we do that we will see were the chips fall. Now you'll say its about that every year and I understand. If you look at the last 8 games of this schedule I'll challenge you that this year is different.
We have to handle AFCN BUSINESS FIRST!
No I'm not wrong. Its not a popular position to take in May after a draft and I respect all opinions but lets talk again in November week 8-9.
https://youtu.be/vCTF0HmpFZ4

I disagree that the Bengals have to focus on the divisional games first.
Divisional record only matters in a tiebreaker with other divisional opponents.
The Bengals can still win the division even if they lose every divisional game.

I agree though that NFC matchups matter the least when it comes to tiebreaker situations.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 10:42 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Look at least year. Bengals had to either win the North or go home with how the standings played out. 

But the standings only played out that way because we forfeited the last game of the year.
Reply/Quote
I think a solid regular season and playoff run will be big this year.

We came from nowhere last year. Lots of people will be expecting it to be a fluke.

With Burrow as a QB, I fully expect us to be in the playoffs every year. But, doing it again next year will go a long way towards that. No guarantees. Any given Sunday...
Reply/Quote
Tiger

This is still real life.
Reply/Quote
Real talk.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: TigerReal talk.

This team will go as far as the offensive line and the running game takes it. The defense is set and the kids will fill the interior...For now. I'm worried more about Jessie Bates because I don't know if he checked out weeks ago. No plays made thru week 5
Reply/Quote