Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't Set Yourself up for Disappointment
(10-04-2015, 07:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The funny thing is you'll probably be one of the biggest whiners on the board if the season comes crashing down, precisely because you scoffed at my advice.

The funny thing is you think you have to tell everyone how to feel.  Maybe some of us deal with disappointment differently than you.  Maybe some of us don't mind getting our hopes up.  Not everybody is the same.  I watched two Bengal Super Bowl losses in my lifetime.  I think I can handle this, thanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote:
Quote:4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

Agreed

Quote:But hearing and reading some people talk about our Bengals has me shaking my head. We're shoe-ins for an AFC Championship Game? Seriously? We're not even shoe-ins for a winning record. Super Bowl contenders? I'd love to win a prime time game, first. Dalton "looks more confident". Okay, we'll see how that goes when we start facing teams with winning records.

Who said we're shoe--ins for anything? Regardless, it's undeniable that right now The Bengals are a top 4 team in the NFL with only NE and GB ahead of them. I would not say Denver is better, I believe that's silly to think, but ARI and ATL are right there with us. The Bengals will have ample opportunity to prove to the football world their moxy soon enough. 

Quote:Everybody needs to take a deep breath. You should know better by now. Make them prove it to you before you start drinking the Kool-Aid.[/i]

They have been proving it. They're 4--0. Andy has been proving it. He's having a season for the ages, at least when compared to past Bengals QB's. How Andy and the team has played in the past is of little consequence to how they're playing now. Embrace the present fellow Bengal fan. Living in the past is about as counter productive as it gets. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:27 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The funny thing is you think you have to tell everyone how to feel.  Maybe some of us deal with disappointment differently than you.  Maybe some of us don't mind getting our hopes up.  Not everybody is the same.  I watched two Bengal Super Bowl losses in my lifetime.  I think I can handle this, thanks.

Agreed.  Those two games, especially XXIII, were gut-punches.  I can handle a little extra exuberance at a 4-0 start. 

The game ended two-plus hours ago.  Cripes, can we at least shelve the gloom and doom until Monday?  GHB, you are harshin' the collective mellow, my friend.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: 4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

But hearing and reading some people talk about our Bengals has me shaking my head. We're shoe-ins for an AFC Championship Game? Seriously? We're not even shoe-ins for a winning record. Super Bowl contenders? I'd love to win a prime time game, first. Dalton "looks more confident". Okay, we'll see how that goes when we start facing teams with winning records.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. You should know better by now. Make them prove it to you before you start drinking the Kool-Aid.

i agree, we are 1/4 of season done.. way too early to talk AFC Championship but same with those that say we are destined to lose and blow it in regular season or playoffs.. they have to get off their Kool-aid also.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: 4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

But hearing and reading some people talk about our Bengals has me shaking my head. We're shoe-ins for an AFC Championship Game? Seriously? We're not even shoe-ins for a winning record. Super Bowl contenders? I'd love to win a prime time game, first. Dalton "looks more confident". Okay, we'll see how that goes when we start facing teams with winning records.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. You should know better by now. Make them prove it to you before you start drinking the Kool-Aid.
When only 4 games have passed, the Bengals beating the teams we have played has a reasonable amount to do with those teams having losing records. Also, the Bengals have normally looked confident in their wins. Talk of championship games/superbowl is surely premature, but at the moment the Bengals are looking like a team which has the potential to make those games.
Reply/Quote
OP is getting slammed....you are correct though, a lot of season left, much better teams to play, and a history of let downs (I mean they haven't even played under the lights yet....we are not even a year removed from the 2.0 passer rating TNF beat down by the Stains!).

With that said, if and WHEN they finally break the mold, what will make it that much sweeter is ENJOYING THE RIDE!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:49 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: OP is getting slammed....you are correct though, a lot of season left, much better teams to play, and a history of let downs (I mean they haven't even played under the lights yet....we are not even a year removed from the 2.0 passer rating TNF beat down by the Stains!).

With that said, if and WHEN they finally break the mold, what will make it that much sweeter is ENJOYING THE RIDE!!! Rock On

Good post.

Hey ya'll, believe it or not, I am very excited about today's win and being 4-0 for the first time in a decade. I'm just encouraging us to keep our heads on straight as we enjoy. 
Reply/Quote

You know what my attitude is, enjoy the moment. It could change at any time but for the time being this first quarter of the season has been a blast to watch.
Reply/Quote
[Image: resized_fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-ca...47a904.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dude....I'm psyched. I'll admit, I was a big Dalton Skeptic over the past years, but man is he silencing his doubters, myself included. This team looks very good and I hope it will continue deep into the playoff....dare I say Super Bowl. Keep it up fellas. One game at a time.
Reply/Quote
Trolls gon' troll..... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We'll talk about the playoffs and the overall success of the season when it gets to that point.

I won't be happy with the season if they flop in the playoffs again, but for now I'm excited. Especially about Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is different this season - period. He has the swagger, mo jo, passion, attitude, fire, heart, etc. that for the most part he's lacked in seasons past.

He's comfortable and confident, he's not crapping his pants at the drop of a hat, as he has in the past. Is there an off game coming ? Sure

But there's just a difference in Dalton this season. If you can't see it you ain't looking.
Reply/Quote

I don't like Kool-Aid, but I did take a deep breath and I still don't think that God Hates The Bengals.
Reply/Quote
OP must be a hoot at parties.

"Hey why are you guys so happy? You know we have to go to work on Monday."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sad 
(10-04-2015, 06:28 PM)McC Wrote: If you can't feel good about a good thing happening, why bother being a fan?  Everybody knows where we are and what's ahead.  You're just trying to talk yourself out of being too excited.  Who are you trying to kid?  Yes, take a deep breath and then let it out with a big WHO DEY!!!
Sadly those of us who have been fans for 47 years have seen this movie too many times. Yes, it is a cryin' shame that we aren't comfortable enough with this franchise to get tooooo excited. I am glad for 4 and 0. And, I sincerely wish I could relax and thoroughly enjoy it. It's my problem, I guess.. I am also having angst with the OSU Buckeyes. They have serious offense problems so far this season. Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Sadly those of us who have been fans for 47 years have seen this movie too many times. Yes, it is a cryin' shame that we aren't comfortable enough with this franchise to get tooooo excited. I am glad for 4 and 0. And, I sincerely wish I could relax and thoroughly enjoy it. It's my problem, I guess.. I am also having angst with the OSU Buckeyes. They have serious offense problems so far this season. Sad

I can't recall a lot of 4-0 Bengal teams and at this point in the season last year OSU already had a loss on their record.

Cheer up.  
Reply/Quote

Booooooooo!!!!!

Who-Dey!!!! 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Andy Dalton is different this season - period. He has the swagger, mo jo, passion, attitude, fire, heart, etc. that for the most part he's lacked in seasons past.

He's comfortable and confident, he's not crapping his pants at the drop of a hat, as he has in the past. Is there an off game coming ? Sure

But there's just a difference in Dalton this season. If you can't see it you ain't looking.

I think he had some kind of Freaky Friday experience with Andrew Luck.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: Sadly those of us who have been fans for 47 years have seen this movie too many times. Yes, it is a cryin' shame that we aren't comfortable enough with this franchise to get tooooo excited. I am glad for 4 and 0. And, I sincerely wish I could relax and thoroughly enjoy it. It's my problem, I guess.. I am also having angst with the OSU Buckeyes. They have serious offense problems so far this season. Sad

OSU is soft. I think I figured that out about them yesterday and why I've never really been a fan. I've tried, I really have but they just seem soft to me, just like our current Bengal Place Kicker. He's just like them. Sorry for ranting on OSU but Nudge really annoys me. 
Reply/Quote