Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't Set Yourself up for Disappointment
(10-04-2015, 08:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We'll talk about the playoffs and the overall success of the season when it gets to that point.

I won't be happy with the season if they flop in the playoffs again, but for now I'm excited. Especially about Dalton.

He's getting on that roll I was talking about.  Now he just knows he'll play well.  And Hue is just letting him rip.   The less Hue talks about turning it over, the less Andy does it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
But even if we win the Super Bowl why be happy? We are all going to die someday. Everyone we know is going to die. Our parents, our children, our lovers and spouses, they are all going to die.

So why should we be happy just because the Bengals win a Super Bowl or two?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: 4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

But hearing and reading some people talk about our Bengals has me shaking my head. We're shoe-ins for an AFC Championship Game? Seriously? We're not even shoe-ins for a winning record. Super Bowl contenders? I'd love to win a prime time game, first. Dalton "looks more confident". Okay, we'll see how that goes when we start facing teams with winning records.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. You should know better by now. Make them prove it to you before you start drinking the Kool-Aid.

Hey!  Hey!  You!  You!  Get offa my cloud!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 06:23 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: 4-0 feels fantastic. I couldn't be happier about it.

But hearing and reading some people talk about our Bengals has me shaking my head. We're shoe-ins for an AFC Championship Game? Seriously? We're not even shoe-ins for a winning record. Super Bowl contenders? I'd love to win a prime time game, first. Dalton "looks more confident". Okay, we'll see how that goes when we start facing teams with winning records.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. You should know better by now. Make them prove it to you before you start drinking the Kool-Aid.

I don't get why everyone's being so harsh towards the OP. There was nothing in his post stating that people shouldn't be happy about being 4-0 or about the Bengals winning today. I'm seeing a bunch of knee jerk reactions that aren't warranted. For the most part, the OP is right. I think we will end this season with a winning record but mostly because our schedule is pretty weak this year. If we had to face the Patriots or the Packers we would get smacked. As a matter of fact I believe we will lose to Carson Palmer and the Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:37 PM)McC Wrote: He's getting on that roll I was talking about.  Now he just knows he'll play well.  And Hue is just letting him rip.   The less Hue talks about turning it over, the less Andy does it.

I honestly think it's a combination of many things. I think they've removed or changed some routes that commonly led to INT's. I think Andy is more comfortable in the system. Obviously guys are healthy (knock on wood). They're definitely being aggressive and letting Dalton throw it downfield. They're spreading the ball wonderfully.

None of that explains how Dalton is making the type of throws that he is though. I've never seen him roll out, run at full speed and throw an absolute strike on the money like he did today. His deep accuracy is looking like Rodgers or a younger Drew Brees. I've never bought into the Tom House stuff, but maybe that's playing into it. I can't think of any other way to explain it.

Dalton has never been a bad QB, but after 4 straight games of this, I'm starting to wonder if he's reached a new level. Hopefully he continues putting up video game numbers all season. I think we're all waiting for him to come down a bit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But even if we win the Super Bowl why be happy?  We are all going to die someday.  Everyone we know is going to die.  Our parents, our children, our lovers and spouses, they are all going to die.

So why should we be happy just because the Bengals win a Super Bowl or two?

A) Please don't put my lovers and spouses in the same phrase, they might bump into each other.   Shocked

B) I'm already miserable worrying that the Bengals will be the undefeated 19-0 Superbowl Champions. knowing that they will never be that good again.   Cry

:jk:
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 07:22 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yep. I'm sorry but I've seen and heard all of this before. 

We're looking good. I'm happy about that. But AFCCG and SB talk is just silly. I've yet to see us dominate anybody like the Pats, yet you guys talk like we are at least as good. Cmon man.

Well, we won't get a chance to play them until the AFC Championship game Cool
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote

This thread is stupid. Moving on.. 

Reply/Quote
I am so excited to be 4-0! This is the most I've been excited about the direction of our team in a LONG time! I think we as fans have the right to be hopeful for a great playoff run along with a possible Super Bowl experience. Its called being a hopeful fan. Is your glass half full or half empty? My glass half full baby!
Reply/Quote
I think we should all be upset that the Bengals are 4-0 because that is not a good thing and we should expect disappointment. That is absurd. If you cannot see that this team is different from the other teams we have had then there is a problem. Andy is playing lights out right now and what I love to see from him is his swagger he is showing. I loved the fact when he ran for the first down yesterday he gets up and points indicating a first down. He has never done that before and he is showing his confidence. He is becoming a true leader for that team and they are responding for him. This team has a different feel. They are finally finishing games late that in the past they would have let go and quit if they got behind. They are playing with a confidence and swagger that they have not had before. I think the defense has confidence in the offense to get the team back ahead if for some reason they give up the lead to another team or even give up points. We have perhaps the best running back tandem in the league in Gio and Jeremy. AJ is being AJ but our other receivers are playing great right now. We need to give kudos to Brandon Tate for the great catch yesterday and the awareness to get up and score after not being touched. Tyler Eifert is showing what we missed with him because he is truly a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. However with that being said there are a couple things that still are concerning to me but I think they can get fixed soon and that is the amount of penalties we are getting and the use of timeouts early could come back to hurt us if we are in a tight game later in the year and need them late and don't have them. They have got to do better at time management and the use of the timeouts. My biggest concern on this team and I know that I will get a lot of people upset by saying it but it is easily Mike Nugent. I know a lot of people are fans of OSU and I understand the loyalty but he is a liability when there is a field goal over 40 yards that needs to be made. He is not accurate from 40 and beyond and that concerns me because this could cost us later in the year if they are tied or need a field goal to win. Also in my opinion he has the weakest leg in the league and his kickoffs show this. He rarely makes a touchback and that concerns me especially if we are facing a return threat. I am not sure if the field goal thing is a mental thing or not but it really does concern me. Hopefully he can get his act together. But overall this team is one of the deepest in the league and if they stay healthy they have a legitimate shot to go deep this year. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
You know, it's kind of sad that even if the Bengals could go 14-2 or even 15-1, the season would be considered a disappointment IF THE BENGALS PRATFALL AGAIN IN ANOTHER FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF GAME.
Reply/Quote

Enjoy that the Bengals are playing well.

Even I have raised Dalton up my QB list and that takes some doing after last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I farted a minute ago.

No poop, no disappointment.
Reply/Quote

Its 10-5 and we are 4-0 so the only thing we should be thinking right now is Lock down the AFCN then compete for a week off in january.
Reply/Quote