Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Stay in School (video/topic)
(11-08-2015, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I am not.  Are you in favor of committing enough money to vouchers for every single kid to get one?  Because as soon as a majority start getting vouchers no kid is going to stay behind in a failing school.

Maybe the ones that are just to poor to handle the transportation issue, but surely you are not suggesting that we just leave those poor kids behind, are you?

Again, I'm done with your shit fred.
You are compounding and trying to distort what people are saying. 

Everyone should have a chance to get a voucher. Not everyone should get one.

It says more that you are willing to keep students in shitty schools than try to help them get better education at the risk of offending some...
(11-08-2015, 04:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Again, I'm done with your shit fred.
You are compounding and trying to distort what people are saying. 

Everyone should have a chance to get a voucher. Not everyone should get one.

It says more that you are willing to keep students in shitty schools than try to help them get better education at the risk of offending some...

WTF?  I am 100% in favor of getting kids out of shitty schools.  I just believe that ALL kids should be treated the same.

How would you determine which kids are denied vouchers and forced to stay in shitty schools? 
(11-08-2015, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I am not.  Are you in favor of committing enough money to vouchers for every single kid to get one?  Because as soon as a majority start getting vouchers no kid is going to stay behind in a failing school.

Maybe the ones that are just to poor to handle the transportation issue, but surely you are not suggesting that we just leave those poor kids behind, are you?

Yes. Send them to learn a trade or learn on he job in a business they enjoy.

A lot of opportunity out there they are missing out on. This would be the quickest way for them to change their standing in life.
(11-08-2015, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?  I am 100% in favor of getting kids out of shitty schools.  I just believe that ALL kids should be treated the same.

How would you determine which kids are denied vouchers and forced to stay in shitty schools? 

You willing to bust the teachers union to make the schools better?
(11-08-2015, 08:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You willing to bust the teachers union to make the schools better?

I don't see how the teachers union is the problem.
(11-08-2015, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes.   Send them to learn a trade or learn on he job in a business they enjoy.  

A lot of opportunity out there they are missing out on.   This would be the quickest way for them to change their standing in life.

How would you determine which ones get the vouchers?
(11-08-2015, 09:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how the teachers union is the problem.

Inability to fire or cut pay to bad teachers. Having to keep them on the rolls and I'm a classroom isn't helping anyone.

Also having a pay scale where bad teachers are taking money away from good teachers. You are limiting the schools ability to spend money where they get the best bang.
(11-08-2015, 09:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How would you determine which ones get the vouchers?

Interviews. See who is serious and who isn't. If they get a voucher and are failing then you remove them and it's next man up.

You can find out which are the homes where education is taken serious and those are who you reward.
(11-08-2015, 09:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Interviews.   See who is serious and who isn't.   If they get a voucher and are failing then you remove them and it's next man up.  

You can find out which are the homes where education is taken serious and those are who you reward.

But what if you interview tham and they ALL say they are serious and want a voucher?

Also, I have known some very good people who did not have good parents.  So atr you going to judge a student by his parents?
(11-08-2015, 09:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Inability to fire or cut pay to bad teachers.   Having to keep them on the rolls and I'm a classroom isn't helping anyone.  

Most teachers are not protected from firing until they have been there s few years.  That is the way it works around here.

And how do you tell which teachers are good?  Standardized testing?
(11-08-2015, 10:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But what if you interview tham and they ALL say they are serious and want a voucher?

Also, I have known some very good people who did not have good parents.  So atr you going to judge a student by his parents?

People end up cutting themselves. And yes. You do judge a child by their parents. If parents are more involved the likelihood of success is higher.

It's about time we reward families who stay together, work at being family and for the success of their children.
(11-08-2015, 10:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But what if you interview tham and they ALL say they are serious and want a voucher?

You make each spell them and those that fail get the short bus.

But on a serious note: You establish an Order of Merit list and those that score the best get dibs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Private schools are successful because they admit with the family in mind. They look at the whole picture. That's exactly how you award vouchers
(11-08-2015, 10:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Private schools are successful because they admit with the family in mind.   They look at the whole picture.   That's exactly how you award vouchers

This is gibberish.  From my experience the only thing that matters is getting on a waiting list and having a fat checkbook.

But of course private schools do refuse to take any students with behavioral problems.  So makinbg all schools private will just hurt the kids that need the most help.
(11-08-2015, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You make each spell them and those that fail get the short bus.

But on a serious note: You establish an Order of Merit list and those that score the best get dibs.

So the kids that are struggling through the most hardships get cut out?

The ones that need the most help get the least help?

Basically rtig it so that the privileged kids get more privileged.
(11-08-2015, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But on a serious note: You establish an Order of Merit list and those that score the best get dibs.

How do you establish an "order of merit" for kids entering the first grade?
(11-08-2015, 10:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is gibberish.  From my experience the only thing that matters is getting on a waiting list and having a fat checkbook.

But of course private schools do refuse to take any students with behavioral problems.  So makinbg all schools private will just hurt the kids that need the most help.

Send those kids out to learn in the workplace. That way they are skilled labour. You don't take behavioral problems and tie them down to a desk for 8 hours. Get them moving around and doing something that they can be hands on.

The kids that need the most help. Should be the ones learning in. A field of expertise. Direct career training is the best education.
(11-08-2015, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you establish an "order of merit" for kids entering the first grade?

Look at the family and support system. Plus basic testing. That way you see where they are and how far they can go based on their support system.
(11-08-2015, 11:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Look at the family and support system.   Plus basic testing.   That way you see where they are and how far they can go based on their support system.

How do you test kids who have not even been in school yet other than to look at the parents net worth?
(11-08-2015, 11:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Send those kids out to learn in the workplace.  

In first grade?