Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Want to Create Histeria...
(03-19-2020, 06:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have a feeling your board experience here is going to be short lived. 

Keeping Dalton and looking for a mid season trade is sound strategy assuming the team is not in cap prison, like New England for instance. 
Well the Bengals are in good shape and still could cut Dre adding another $8 million to their cap.  This also assumes Dalton is being a good sport about it, which also is the case.

Burrows getting tutored on the fine points of NFL QB by Dalton is a luxury the Bengals can afford.  Having Dalton on the bench is costly but there is every expectation a team will be in need by the season trade dead line.  Bengals FO have done well putting themselves in position to acquire impact free agents, keeping Dalton if necessary and drafting at the op.  They had a once in a generation opportunity and they took it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:03 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Keeping Dalton and looking for a mid season trade is sound strategy assuming the team is not in cap prison, like New England for instance. 
Well the Bengals are in good shape and still could cut Dre adding another $8 million to their cap.  This also assumes Dalton is being a good sport about it, which also is the case.

Burrows getting tutored on the fine points of NFL QB by Dalton is a luxury the Bengals can afford.  Having Dalton on the bench is costly but there is every expectation a team will be in need by the season trade dead line.  Bengals FO have done well putting themselves in position to acquire impact free agents, keeping Dalton if necessary and drafting at the op.  They had a once in a generation opportunity and they took it.

It is a luxury they could probably afford but who will be the player cut to keep him around?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Practice squad grew by two, keep your backup QB there. Listen I'd like to see Dalton traded too, but keeping him offers opportunity as well. Cutting him is like giving away lots of money. The Bengals are fine with the cap.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:03 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Keeping Dalton and looking for a mid season trade is sound strategy assuming the team is not in cap prison, like New England for instance. 

You make good points, they definitely helped themselves with this FA and it isn't over yet.

Dalton will be a good sport, he just wants to land in a spot that is good for him and we owe him that IMO.

Dre on the other hand we owe nothing, figure once there are workouts allowed he will be gone with his salary so we can pick up 
a Linebacker or two.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:29 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: If you were foolish enough to post or believe this then that’s all I need to know.

A 1st round OL and a 4th pick for dalton.  Lol.  Our fans are hilarious

So, new guy.  Did you intend to actually bring something to the conversation?  Or, are you just here to shit on the regulars??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:18 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Practice squad grew by two, keep your backup QB there.  Listen I'd like to see Dalton traded too, but keeping him offers opportunity as well.  Cutting him is like giving away lots of money.  The Bengals are fine with the cap.

I'm not so sure about that.  If your starting QB goes down in a game, you still need your backup QB to be on the gameday roster.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure about that.  If your starting QB goes down in a game, you still need your backup QB to be on the gameday roster.

Dalton is your game day guy!  Then when the trade happens, promote from practice squad.  That's what I meant.  I see no down side.
Lets say worst case, Dalton can't be traded.  You have him all season in case Burrows fails or is hurt.  Great sub all season long.  Well you couldn't trade him so at the end of season he walks.  Well some want to let him walk now, still get nothing for him.  With the Bengals cap situation so favorable they don't yet have pressure on them to cut him.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, new guy.  Did you intend to actually bring something to the conversation?  Or, are you just here to shit on the regulars??

That’s my reaction to the absurd thread.

Someone posted it.

It was total, obviously fabricated, bs

Deal w the criticism.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:22 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Dalton is your game day guy!  Then when the trade happens, promote from practice squad.  That's what I meant.  I see no down side.
Lets say worst case, Dalton can't be traded.  You have him all season in case Burrows fails or is hurt.  Great sub all season long.  Well you couldn't trade him so at the end of season he walks.  Well some want to let him walk now, still get nothing for him.  With the Bengals cap situation so favorable they don't yet have pressure on them to cut him.

Uh, what?  You can't possibly think that Andy is going to be on the Bengals roster in 2020, do you?  If you do, I can't imagine the altered version of reality that you are living in.  If they don't find a trade partner for Andy, he's going to be released.  

(03-19-2020, 08:23 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: That’s my reaction to the absurd thread.

Someone posted it.

Deal w the criticism.

The OP was simply posting something that he saw, it's kind of what we do around here.  Sometimes it turns into something, sometimes it's total bunk.  You can choose to respond however you like, but sometimes if you don't agree, saying nothing and scrolling past is the best option.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:23 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: That’s my reaction to the absurd thread.

Someone posted it.

Deal w the criticism.

Big difference between disagreeing with something posted and calling a whole forum community a bunch of idiots.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have a feeling your board experience here is going to be short lived. 

I trusted your feelings on this one when you said this lol
Reply/Quote

Whatcha got for tomorrow's Lotto numbers?

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:22 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Dalton is your game day guy!  Then when the trade happens, promote from practice squad.  That's what I meant.  I see no down side.

Please stop with this... There is nothing Burrow needs to learn from Dalton and If that is the case like I mlm predicted he wouldn't get traded or be a starter, just cut his ass.... Time to change the culture here to a winning one and that's no Dalton in the slightest...
Reply/Quote
Here's why Dalton needs to be off the roster:

We have virtually no linebacker room right now.

We need depth at every position on defense except DT.

There's no chance Ross and A.J. will make it through the year healthy, so we need to spend a relatively high pick on a WR.

I have faith in about 3/5 of our OL, but the other 2/5 are going to get our rookie QB killed.

We gotta lot of moves to make if we don't want to suck again folks, and we can't afford to sacrifice that for a "mentor."
Reply/Quote
Another Twitter theory. I know they can't announce any deals right now anyway, but..
This move would make sense for both teams in my opinion. Pats don't want to pay Thuney. They can get a G/T, WR, or LB in the first round, then hit their other needs in the 3rd and later rounds. Dalton is a good bridge QB, with good upside for the next 5 years.
Bengals obviously fill a hole at guard, allowing them to focus on defense in the draft.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:14 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Another Twitter theory. I know they can't announce any deals right now anyway, but..
This move would make sense for both teams in my opinion. Pats don't want to pay Thuney. They can get a G/T, WR, or LB in the first round, then hit their other needs in the 3rd and later rounds. Dalton is a good bridge QB, with good upside for the next 5 years.
Bengals obviously fill a hole at guard, allowing them to focus on defense in the draft.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sure would love that theory to come true. Pray
Reply/Quote
Wynn and a 3rd for Dalton and Price?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wynn and a 3rd for Dalton and Price?

Not likely to get a 3rd. I think most of us find this far fetched.

Dalton for Wynn in a straight up player trade or for one of their LB's seems much more plausible.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:14 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Another Twitter theory. I know they can't announce any deals right now anyway, but..

WhoDey2 Of all the ideas floating around out there on this, this is the one I'd put my money on. Just seems to make the most sense... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:56 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Of all the ideas floating around out there on this, this is the one I'd put my money on. Just seems to make the most sense... 

Would be nice. Fill a need. Open some cap space (Idk maybe all that goes towards the guy we are possibly acquiring?) and if we have extra cap space sign some LB's. I'd like to see us grab at least a couple of guys to compete if nothing else. Glad we improved the defensive line and added decent bodies in the backfield.
Reply/Quote