Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't forget about Redmond at RG
When John Miller was out with injury last year Alex Redmond was the new starter, but then he also got injured and missed most of the second half of the season. Earlier this month the Bengals re-signed him for $2.1 million.

Considering the current competition it could be the Bengals see Redmond as the starting RG again.
Reply/Quote
i don't know why people are so down on Xavier. He played pretty good last year in Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: i don't know why people are so down on Xavier.  He played pretty good last year in Dallas.

Those down on Filo lack the facts. The Cowboys did not want to see him go, especially as the line performed better when he was in. Redmond is a liability in terms of undisciplined play but they get attracted to his strength. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
X-Man will be starting for us, I feel; too much talking up and good experience.

Also think Price will be the first guy off the bench for any of the interior spots, making Redmond redundant.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Those down on Filo lack the facts. The Cowboys did not want to see him go, especially as the line performed better when he was in. Redmond is a liability in terms of undisciplined play but they get attracted to his strength. 

He's strong, alright.  In fact, there were a few games where it seemed as if we could smell him through the TV screen.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Alex played 3 games last year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wish I could forget about Alex Redmond at RG.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Cowboys averaged more ypc when Filo started
The Bengals averaged more oline penalites when
Redmond started
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Those down on Filo lack the facts. The Cowboys did not want to see him go, especially as the line performed better when he was in. 

The Cowboys wanted him to return as a BACK UP, and apparently no other team was willing to pay him starter money.

I tend to think that with 32 teams bidding a player generally gets what he is worth.  So excuse me for not being thrilled about a guy we got for $2.6 million this year.  That is less than John Miller got paid, and just $500K more than we are paying Alex.  I was not a big fan of Miller, and some have said that Su'a-Filo will fit our blocking scheme better, but I sure don't see him as a big upgrade.

I am sure Su'a-filo will get a chance to compete for a starting job, but I hope to hell are coaches don't already have him written is as first string.

And I am not pimping Redmond for the starting spot.  I am just remining people that he is an option.  I rarely see his name mentioned when talking about potential starters at OG.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:33 PM)pally Wrote: Alex played 3 games last year

He was suspended for the first 4, and missed the last 6 with injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Cowboys wanted him to return as a BACK UP, and apparently no other team was willing to pay him starter money.

I tend to think that with 32 teams bidding a player generally gets what he is worth.  So excuse me for not being thrilled about a guy we got for $2.6 million this year.  That is less than John Miller got paid, and just $500K more than we are paying Alex.  I was not a big fan of Miller, and some have said that Su'a-Filo will fit our blocking scheme better, but I sure don't see him as a big upgrade.

I am sure Su'a-filo will get a chance to compete for a starting job, but I hope to hell are coaches don't already have him written is as first string.

And I am not pimping Redmond for the starting spot.  I am just remining people that he is an option.  I rarely see his name mentioned when talking about potential starters at OG.

Think it's because many consider him not making the team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was suspended for the first 4, and missed the last 6 with injury.

suspended for the first 4, didn't play week 5, played week 6 , started 7 and 8.  Didn't play in weeks 10 and 11.  Tore his bicep tendon in pregame warmups in week 12, where he was scheduled to start.

He is in the running for a back up position but he will be fighting for a job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Doesn’t he get flagged all the time?
Reply/Quote
Oh please let me forget about Redmond. This is one of the guys where even I can see in real time how bad he is.

If he is a starter, I think one could forget about a good season.
Reply/Quote
How come this dude Fred toast repeatedly posts about the worst players on this football team
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: i don't know why people are so down on Xavier.  He played pretty good last year in Dallas.

I dont think the knock on him is his abilities, but rather his durability. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Cowboys wanted him to return as a BACK UP, and apparently no other team was willing to pay him starter money.

Even a healthy Redmond is still a holding penalty waiting to happen. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 04:11 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: How come this dude Fred toast repeatedly posts about the worst players on this football team

I don't know.  Seems like he might simply enjoy defending opinions that go against popular sentiment.  Say What

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Think it's because many consider him not making the team.

Bengals signed Redmond for $2.13 million.

Su'a-Filo is only getting $2.6 million.

As far as how the Bengals value them I don't see much difference, yet a lot of fans seem eager to write in XSF as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals signed Redmond for $2.13 million.

Su'a-Filo is only getting $2.6 million.

As far as how the Bengals value them I don't see much difference, yet a lot of fans seem eager to write in XSF as a starter.

They signed XSF to a 3 year deal with a million dollar signing bonus, and Redmond to an original round, non-guaranteed tender.

IMO, as long as XSF is healthy, he'll be starting at one of the G spots, with Jordan being the wildcard in determining which spot.
Reply/Quote