Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't want any Bengal players?
(02-06-2017, 04:21 PM)Dill Wrote: And so Steelers fans have to accept a 13-6 season.  When will that program ever turn around?

Funny thing about Bell.  He's never there when you really need him.

Oh and, i thought anything less than a title is unacceptable, yet you seems to be accepting of a non-title season.  Hmm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Even if what OP said was true it's the lamest smack I've heard in my life.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: LOL. What an unmitigated failure of a thread. 

You should hide your head in shame and never show your face in public again. 

Meh ... We've got guys doing it that have played more recently than when Bill Clinton was president, especially if you include Ryan Clark, Ike Taylor, etc. You guys in the last 20 years? Nada.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 07:49 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Meh ... We've got guys doing it that have played more recently than when Bill Clinton was president, especially if you include Ryan Clark, Ike Taylor, etc.  You guys in the last 20 years?  Nada.
Dhani Jones, David Pollack, Takeo Spikes have all had football media success.

I'm sure there's more.  This is such a sad "smack talk" thread.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 06:53 PM)McC Wrote: Funny thing about Bell.  He's never there when you really need him.

Oh and, i thought anything less than a title is unacceptable, yet you seems to be accepting of a non-title season.  Hmm.

Funny thing about Bell. He's the best running back in the NFL.

Which unacceptable is more acceptable--anything less than a title or anything less than a 1st playoff win since Reagan was president?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What'd you guys get a participation trophy? None of it means anything unless you win the last one. So come draft time when we're taking the guy Pitt wants again you can look back on your fond memories of losing that AFC title game. 

This year the Steelers got a division championship for "participation." 

If "none of it means anything unless you win the last one" the NFL would hardly be as popular and profitable as it is, with 31 "meaningless" seasons every year.

Most fans would agree a good season "means more" than a bad one, though some bad teams might feel better claiming a 6-9-1 season is really the same as a deep playoff run that ends in a title game.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2017, 11:19 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Question for any of you Bungal fans that know everything. Why doesn't any of sport talk shows on tv never have any former or present Bungal players on their shows to ask their opinions about football? Example, Bradshaw,Ward, Bettis, Hoge , all Steelers, you get the picture. Is it because the perception around the broadcasting sports world is that much like their sister team the Clowns, being the team is inept the players would be too? How do you explain this? Spin away Hilarious

[Image: 3qz98d.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 09:39 PM)Dill Wrote: Funny thing about Bell. He's the best running back in the NFL.

Which unacceptable is more acceptable--anything less than a title or anything less than a 1st playoff win since Reagan was president?

He may be the best.  Between the suspensions and the yearly injuries, he sure ain't there a lot.  Follows up a great playoff game against a lesser opponent with a no game against the better one.  Maybe running the wheels off him ain't all that smart.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What'd you guys get a participation trophy? None of it means anything unless you win the last one. So come draft time when we're taking the guy Pitt wants again you can look back on your fond memories of losing that AFC title game. 

Because drafting that guy (as you've done so often) has made such a difference in the past, right? LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 08:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dhani Jones, David Pollack, Takeo Spikes have all had football media success.

Who?
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2017, 11:28 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Isn't Boomer Esiason on one of the biggest Sunday sports shows in the NFL?

Chris Collinsworth has won of 15 sports Emmy awards and owns PFF. LOL

I was thinking more in terms of the last twenty years! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 08:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dhani Jones, David Pollack, Takeo Spikes have all had football media success.

I'm talking major tv, not local radio broadcasting from a super market. Just you mentioning these nobodies is whats sad.
Reply/Quote

.....yep, when you add in Wilcots and Trumpy as others noted.....the level of fail is on par with Spaceball 1 going plaid.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 01:20 AM)McC Wrote: He may be the best.  Between the suspensions and the yearly injuries, he sure ain't there a lot.  Follows up a great playoff game against a lesser opponent with a no game against the better one.  Maybe running the wheels off him ain't all that smart.

Fun fact, over the last two years, Devonta Freeman has more yards from the L.O.S. (over 3100) than any back in the league.  Le'Veon who?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What'd you guys get a participation trophy? None of it means anything unless you win the last one. So come draft time when we're taking the guy Pitt wants again you can look back on your fond memories of losing that AFC title game. 

and yet how many playoff wins has that translated to again or the last 20 some odd years?
People suck
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:29 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: I was thinking more in terms of the last twenty years! Hilarious

Jeez man. You said no spinning.

Talk about changing the parameters in mid flight!

I bet you even used PFF before in talking about football grades.

How did you forget Boomer? The guy is on every single Sunday.

Don't worry... if Palmer retires I'm sure you'll get a dose of his mug in the future.  Ha!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 02:54 PM)Griever Wrote: and yet how many playoff wins has that translated to again or the last 20 some odd years?

Bad coaching (and bad luck) are things that are real factors. Doesn't mean we haven't snatched players you guys wanted in the draft. Like last year with WJ3. I loved that the Steelers had to settle for the lesser player in Artie Burns. But then that bad luck thing came into play and we lost WJ3 to an injury anyway. Still bet he ends up being way better than Burns. Despite being a year behind. 

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 04:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Jeez man. You said no spinning.

Talk about changing the parameters in mid flight!

I bet you even used PFF before in talking about football grades.

How did you forget Boomer? The guy is on every single Sunday.

Don't worry... if Palmer retires I'm sure you'll get a dose of his mug in the future.  Ha!

I should take my own advice, LOL. Boomer is great at what he does. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bad coaching (and bad luck) are things that are real factors. Doesn't mean we haven't snatched players you guys wanted in the draft. Like last year with WJ3. I loved that the Steelers had to settle for the lesser player in Artie Burns. But then that bad luck thing came into play and we lost WJ3 to an injury anyway. Still bet he ends up being way better than Burns. Despite being a year behind. 

maybe the bengals should focus on drafting the correct players, instead of players they think their big brothers want
People suck
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 07:49 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Meh ... We've got guys doing it that have played more recently than when Bill Clinton was president, especially if you include Ryan Clark, Ike Taylor, etc.  You guys in the last 20 years?  Nada.

I like Clark and Ike is funny but i don't listen to too much of what he says analytically. 

Chad was on CBS Sports...FS1 (? I can't remember which now) pregame show last year or a couple years ago. 

None of that detracts from the unmitigated disaster of the OP.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote