Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump Jr posts Fourth of July photoshop tribute to his father.
(07-06-2018, 12:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: From the man who accuses anyone who disagrees with him of being "deranged".

You go Christian.  Show the world how to spread love.

ThumbsUp

It
Is
Not 
Trump's
Fault
That 
His 
Son
Tried 
To
Honor
Him

I have no idea what the Christian thing has to do with it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-06-2018, 12:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It
Is
Not 
Trump's
Fault
That 
His 
Son
Tried 
To
Honor
Him

I have no idea what the Christian thing has to do with it. 

Who said it was Donald Trump's fault?

You've gone from defending Jr like he made a cartoon drawing in kindergarten of his dad as a superhero to accusing people of blaming Sr for what Jr did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It might be less absurd if it weren't based upon something called Call of Duty.
(07-05-2018, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely, but I was commenting on his thoughts about what he would think of a son trying to honor his father in such a manner. I know it's hard, but the point was not about Trump. 

It's a picture of Trump, so it's not really super possible to make it not about Trump.

If it was a picture of Bill Clinton replacing Washington, then it's not about Trump. Same as if it's a picture of George Lazenby. Not Trump. But a picture of Trump? That's going to be about Trump.

No Trump, not about Trump. Trump, about Trump.

Not that hard.

Mellow

But, no, I still think Washington would have disapproved of a person honoring their father — who used his money and influence to avoid serving — by making it appear he's comparable to a military hero.
Is
Not 
Trump's
Fault
That 
His 
Son
Tried 
To
Honor
Him

Who blamed Trump?
(07-06-2018, 10:25 AM)Benton Wrote: It's a picture of Trump, so it's not really super possible to make it not about Trump.

If it was a picture of Bill Clinton replacing Washington, then it's not about Trump. Same as if it's a picture of George Lazenby. Not Trump. But a picture of Trump? That's going to be about Trump.

No Trump, not about Trump. Trump, about Trump.

Not that hard.

Mellow

But, no, I still think Washington would have disapproved of a person honoring their father — who used his money and influence to avoid serving — by making it appear he's comparable to a military hero.

To repeat: 

Quote: Just more TDS:  Trump Delusional Syndrome that affects so many who say they didn't vote for him, claim to have criticized him, and yet never ever fail to jump up to defend him in every situation.
(07-06-2018, 10:27 AM)Benton Wrote: Who blamed Trump?

Well there was a dude earlier that said Jr had to use this image because POTUS was too busy playing golf to pose for a patriotic picture with a Eagle on his shoulder. 

The rest of the Post folks are calling him a draft dodger. There's only one reason they are using that derogatory term (he was actually eligible to be drafted, he was just in the bottom category of availability because of physical condition)  and it is because of who he is.

You and others can profess the thread is about Trump; yet you are not trying to asses blame on Trump. I'm those like minded will agree.  

IMO, this thread is about a son that tried to pump up his son to the public. Is it in poor taste? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the whole matter is really quite trivial. But I do urge the left to continue to focus on these trivialities; as the bigger picture is passing them by.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-06-2018, 10:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well there was a dude earlier that said Jr had to use this image because POTUS was too busy playing golf to pose for a patriotic picture with a Eagle on his shoulder. 

The rest of the Post folks are calling him a draft dodger. There's only one reason they are using that derogatory term (he was actually eligible to be drafted, he was just in the bottom category of availability because of physical condition)  and it is because of who he is.

You and others can profess the thread is about Trump; yet you are not trying to asses blame on Trump. I'm those like minded will agree.  

That "dude" (good looking a smart dude too, many people tell me) STILL didn't blame Sr. for what Jr did.  

No one said Sr. made Jr do it or that Sr did it himself.

TDS indeed!
Is
Not 
Trump's
Fault
That 
His 
Son
Tried 
To
Honor
Him

So how exactly are we supposed to express why we are upset with this action without mentioning Donald Trump?
(07-06-2018, 10:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  But I do urge the left to continue to focus on these trivialities; as the bigger picture is passing them by.

From the guy who has more posts in this thread than anyone else.

"MUST DEFEND TRUMP ON ALL FRONTS!!!"
(07-06-2018, 10:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well there was a dude earlier that said Jr had to use this image because POTUS was too busy playing golf to pose for a patriotic picture with a Eagle on his shoulder. 

That's not blaming Trump.

Quote:The rest of the Post folks are calling him a draft dodger.

Well, he is. That's not blaming Trump, just pointing out the absurdity of comparing him to one of our greatest military leaders.

Quote: There's only one reason they are using that derogatory term (he was actually eligible to be drafted, he was just in the bottom category of availability because of physical condition)  and it is because of who he is.

Well, of course it's because of who he is.

When he was Trump the land developer, nobody really cared that he/his family used their influence to keep him safe and out of the military. Lots of rich people do that. But when he's Commander in Chief? When he debated people who actually served? Then it is relevant.

Quote:You and others can profess the thread is about Trump; yet you are not trying to asses blame on Trump. I'm those like minded will agree.  

IMO, this thread is about a son that tried to pump up his son to the public. Is it in poor taste? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the whole matter is really quite trivial. But I do urge the left to continue to focus on these trivialities; as the bigger picture is passing them by.

All I see is the same kind of fascist propaganda that keeps coming from the far right. Whether that comes from Jr or some blogger making memes, it's the same effect: trying to garner support for a political person/party using patriotism. Unfortunately, it's damaging how some people feel about the country.
Just more fake patriotism for people to salute. At least everyone should know this one is fake, though.