Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont even think about it
(08-30-2017, 01:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Might have been but at any rate he has really declined the last couple seasons, when he's been on the field.

And yes back like 12, 13, 14 he was in AJ's head bad !! more often than not.

And he still had better stats than Dre...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HadeJo99.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KirkDr00.htm
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why is it dumb? Please explain.

I'll explain why it isn't dumb.

1. We have a 34 year old starting CB that is a ticking time bomb on and off the field. Haden is 28 and has no such issues.
2. Haden will be available at a discount considering the timing of his release.
3. Haden is a good CB with experience in the division.
4. The Steelers are considered "favorites" to sign Haden, so signing him first would hurt the Steelers.
5. AJ Green has consistently been owned by Haden. Signing him keeps AJ from having to face him twice a year.

If he was released or waived, I would think someone in the pecking order would sweep him up before the Steelers got a chance? 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If he was released or waived, I would think someone in the pecking order would sweep him up before the Steelers got a chance? 

As a veteran with over 4 years of experience, Haden was not subject to waivers. He is an outright free agent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Haden pre-2015 (or pre-injuries) would be better than any corner we have right now.

But last two years have been injury plagued, with the groin being a biggie as he had surgery on it after last season. He is only 28 years old though, so its not like he is old yet for a corner. Personally I would welcome him here, but it would be under a club-friendly contract due to his recent injury history. Plus it would keep the Steelers from signing him, in which case he will go on to have 5 pro bowl years for them as they roid him up. smirk.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As a veteran with over 4 years of experience, Haden was not subject to waivers. He is an outright free agent.

Thanks, I did not know that. Still on the fence if I'd take a look at him....
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If he was released or waived, I would think someone in the pecking order would sweep him up before the Steelers got a chance? 

He was released. That means he is now a free agent and can sign with whoever he wants to. 
The Steelers may be interested (change that to SHOULD be interested), but I don't know they're in a financial position to offer him more than some of other teams also mentioned as interested.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 12:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This sounds like a good move if our Safeties are all hurt. Fej has made some nice tackles down the field but with Shawn
hurt and George banged up this might be smart. Ward might even be an upgrade over Shawn right now never know.

BTW, what happened to Haden? He used to be the only guy that could cover AJ?

from what I read he hasn't been available much the last few years due to 2 groin surgerys
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 02:05 PM)BMK Wrote: He was released. That means he is now a free agent and can sign with whoever he wants to. 
The Steelers may be interested (change that to SHOULD be interested), but I don't know they're in a financial position to offer him more than some of other teams also mentioned as interested.

saw the chiefs and saints are reportedly interested
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 02:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: from what I read he hasn't been available much the last few years due to 2 groin surgerys

Haden played and started 13 games last year, posting 48 tackles, 3 INTs and 11 pass deflections.

He did not play against AJ Green (Green missed a game, Haden missed the other), but he held Antonio Brown to 8-76-0 in their one matchup (Brown sat in week 17).

Haden's demise is being greatly exaggerated. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Joe Haden was released, I dont want to see any dumb threads on why we should try to sign him.

lol!!!!!  As soon as I read your thread, I created that thread to say Can't tell me what to do!! LOL!!!
Reply/Quote
He's officially a Steeler. Offered more money elsewhere, but wanted to sign there.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
More
Steelers are expected to sign former Browns CB Joe Haden to a three-year, $27 million deal, including $7M this year, sources told ESPN.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 49s49 seconds ago
More
Steelers CB Joe Haden had bigger offers from other teams that he turned down because he wanted Pittsburgh. Haden a Steeler.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 05:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He's officially a Steeler. Offered more money elsewhere, but wanted to sign there.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
More
Steelers are expected to sign former Browns CB Joe Haden to a three-year, $27 million deal, including $7M this year, sources told ESPN.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 49s49 seconds ago
More
Steelers CB Joe Haden had bigger offers from other teams that he turned down because he wanted Pittsburgh. Haden a Steeler.

First, I have a friend that's a die hard Browns fan and from the sound of things Haden has been done for a couple years now even been benched a couple times.
Second, How the hell do the Steelers have all this damn money, but we have 18 mil yet still could only choose one of our big 3 FA's. Shit. I don't care they got Haden, he's done but it's the fact they was able too.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 05:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First, I have a friend that's a die hard Browns fan and from the sound of things Haden has been done for a couple years now even been benched a couple times.
Second, How the hell do the Steelers have all this damn money, but we have 18 mil yet still could only choose one of our big 3 FA's. Shit. I don't care they got Haden, he's done but it's the fact they was able too.

Some one else is about to get cut or asked to take a pay cut. probly why hes agreed to terms but not signed yet they gotta make space in the books
Reply/Quote
Shows you what i know.....The steelers picked him up. Not sure if they're expecting him to start or if he's brought for depth, but it sounds like he won't make much of an impact either way.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 06:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Some one else is about to get cut or asked to take a pay cut.  probly why hes agreed to terms but not signed yet they gotta make space in the books

Plus, I don't think Bell's FT officially counts against the cap until he actually signs it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 09:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Joe Haden was released, I dont want to see any dumb threads on why we should try to sign him.

What kind of idiot would start a Joe Haden thread?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 05:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First, I have a friend that's a die hard Browns fan and from the sound of things Haden has been done for a couple years now even been benched a couple times.

Yeah that's just it...other teams an manipulate the salary cap...yet we have $18.6 million and are afraid to spend so we can keep Eifert and Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 06:27 PM)BMK Wrote: Shows you what i know.....The steelers picked him up. Not sure if they're expecting him to start or if he's brought for depth, but it sounds like he won't make much of an impact either way.

He's 28 years old and was hurt the past 2 years. If healthy...he's a great CB.

The Steelers wouldn't have given him $27 million over 3 years if they didn't think he was good.
Reply/Quote

Pittsburgh already signed him to a 3 year $27M deal. Bengals had a chance to trade for Haden and passed.

Reply/Quote
Haden signed with the Steelers thinking he's going to get a ring. Only thing is that the Steelers are an injury away from being middle of the road and if it's Rothlisberger that gets injured, they are finished for the season. Plus, we all know Bell will have a season ending injury during week five.

And if they think Haden can cover AJ Green, they got another thing coming, lol.

Ok ok, I know, lol.
Reply/Quote