Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door to door Energy Sales
So I can't be the only person on here who despises these people and the companies they work for, right? A lot of times you'll hear the expression "hate is too strong a word". Well, in my case it's not strong enough. I don't just hate these companies, I despise them. I detest them. I wish for bad things, short of death and injury, on those who profit from them and who put their practices into place.

Forget the fact the actual savings are minimal or non-existent. I won't fault someone for trying to make a buck. They blatantly lie and say they represent other companies, they're dishonest about their need to check your info and they won't take no for an answer. They're just awful, downright terrible people.

In the last five years I've seen no less than 20 visits from them to my house. I've tried everything from listening to their spiel to politely explaining why I'm not interested. I've asked them to remove me from their list, I've slammed the door in their face, I've pulled the "you caught me in the middle of ___" routine. None of it works. They won't leave well enough alone and they'll pull the same shit a few months down the road.

This isn't the way to do business. If your product or service is legitimate you don't operate this way. Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised it's even legal. The utilities commission or some state regulatory boards needs to put an end to this.

So this is a thread to vent. Tell me your stories. Let it out. I honestly think we ought to form a group of people to the houses of all of decision makers of these companies and pester them 24/7. Go to their headquarters every single day pitching bs. **** Direct Energy, First Energy, and every other one of these companies. I hate you so, so, so much!!!! Pissed Pissed
Reply/Quote
Anyone that comes to the door gets the same treatment. I open the door w/ a kitchen knife and ketchup smeared on it and invite them in and chuckle like a little girl.

Not really, but I crack the door w/ my big ol dog poking his head out barking w/ slobber flying everywhere. I say politely that I don't want to waste their time and have a nice day and shut the door. The funny thing is, I said the same spiel to my daughters principle one time and was about to shut the door before I realized who he was (he was looking to put a sign in the yard for a levy I supported). I realized in time and stepped outside w/ an empty beer can in one hand and a full one in the other. Now that I think about it, I shoulda stuck w/ the good old routine.

But to the point, yes it's very sketchy in my opinion. Luckily my township negotiated w/ whoever and got better rates w/ whoever they chose. Since then don't get many of them bastards coming around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh, it's sales.

I hate doing sales, but I manage sales people. There is still no better method for selling something that face to face contact.
Reply/Quote
Tone of voice,a stern facial look and physical posture go a long way in deterring unwanted sales people.
My home is My castle and if they think I'm unfriendly enough to crown them it helps.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So I can't be the only person on here who despises these people and the companies they work for, right?  A lot of times you'll hear the expression "hate is too strong a word". Well, in my case it's not strong enough. I don't just hate these companies, I despise them. I detest them. I wish for bad things, short of death and injury, on those who profit from them and who put their practices into place.

Forget the fact the actual savings are minimal or non-existent. I won't fault someone for trying to make a buck. They blatantly lie and say they represent other companies, they're dishonest about their need to check your info and they won't take no for an answer. They're just awful, downright terrible people.

In the last five years I've seen no less than 20 visits from them to my house. I've tried everything from listening to their spiel to politely explaining why I'm not interested. I've asked them to remove me from their list, I've slammed the door in their face, I've pulled the "you caught me in the middle of ___" routine. None of it works. They won't leave well enough alone and they'll pull the same shit a few months down the road.

This isn't the way to do business. If your product or service is legitimate you don't operate this way. Frankly, I'm somewhat surprised it's even legal. The utilities commission or some state regulatory boards needs to put an end to this.

So this is a thread to vent. Tell me your stories. Let it out. I honestly think we ought to form a group of people to the houses of all of decision makers of these companies and pester them 24/7. Go to their headquarters every single day pitching bs. **** Direct Energy, First Energy, and every other one of these companies. I hate you so, so, so much!!!!  Pissed  Pissed

Would it make you feel any better to know many of those companies are owned by Scientologists?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Boy, would it!  Imma sign a billion year contract and get clear, *****!!!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote