Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double dipping!
Well, most of us already expect that the team will go LB at some point in the early rounds. Now, with the sudden retirement of Roach it looks like the team may be double dipping at the position this year.

I expect that they will sign a mid tier backer in FA, perhaps a Jarvis Jenkins type of player. Regardless, getting a couple of athletic backers on the roster is a must.

These things added to an article I just read on CJ ( I think it was?) is now making me change my draft philosophy for this draft.I've been mocking two pass rushers in most of mine so far. It may be time to start mocking two LB's instead.

Thoughts? Any thoughts on late Rd additions or gems without the last names of Foster,Cunningham, or McKinely?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 06:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, most of us already expect that the team will go LB at some point in the early rounds. Now, with the sudden retirement of Roach it looks like the team may be double dipping at the position this year.

I expect that they will sign a mid tier backer in FA, perhaps a Jarvis Jenkins type of player. Regardless, getting a couple of athletic backers on the roster is a must.

These things added to an article I just read on CJ ( I think it was?) is now making me change my draft philosophy for this draft.I've been mocking two pass rushers in most of mine so far. It may be time to start mocking two LB's instead.

Thoughts? Any thoughts on late Rd additions or gems without the last names of Foster,Cunningham, or McKinely?
second rounders are guys like McMillan third rounders beckwith 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 07:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: second rounders are guys like McMillan third rounders beckwith 

Thanks for the reply, but I probably should have included these two in the OP. These are guys that most that frequent that draft forum already know about. I'm looking for say 4th- UDFA type of backers.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 07:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Thanks for the reply, but I probably should have included these two in the OP. These are guys that most that frequent that draft forum already know about. I'm looking for say 4th- UDFA type of backers.

Gotcha. One that people know but will probably be udfa is Ben boulware.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 06:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, most of us already expect that the team will go LB at some point in the early rounds. Now, with the sudden retirement of Roach it looks like the team may be double dipping at the position this year.

Marquel Lee LB Wake Forest   6'3 230  had 105 tackles  20 TFL and 7.5 sacks this past year.  Video at the bottom of the link.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/player/marquel-lee/
Reply/Quote
Connor Harris has more tackles than anyone ever in any division of NCAA football.

I figure we go with 6. Burfict Vigil Rey Flowers Dawson and a rookie.

I havent found much outside of the top half of the draft guys that I like. Haason Reddick in the 2nd keeps sounding better to me. Would love Raekwon in the 3rd or Beckwith think both are easy Maualuga replacements.

Marvin is too stubborn but moving Shawn Williams to LB and drafting one of the safeties out of this deep class would get us a quick injection of speed at LB with a guy that knows the defense and allow Fej Derron or the rookie to get on the field.
Reply/Quote
I don't think losing Roach really affects any draft plans. He was a UDFA in the first place.

I'm not looking for much change with the LB corps other than Vigil stepping in for Dansby. I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals don't even draft a LB until the later rounds.

I just don't think the team values LBs to draft them high. I also think that if Ruben Foster is on the board at #8, somebody will jump up to the Panthers spot and draft him ahead of us.
Reply/Quote