Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Class Is Getting More Praise From PFF!
(05-27-2021, 12:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm having the same conversation in 2 different threads Mellow

Just like I said in the other thread, the Ravens set a record against us.

All those terrible defenses from the 90s? Never allowed 404 rush yards.

You have to look at the coaching/scheme and personnel for a disaster like that.

I'm pretty sure that is what I said. "Who's blaming the player100%"?............ 
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 01:10 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Who said he was my boy? I just figured since you were talking like you knew all about defensive schemes , you had a better plan. It's apparent you don't. 

Fine - you want a better plan than your boy's? How's about "play actual defense". I feel like it's more thought provoking than whatever Lou was telling his unit last year, which I imagine was some variation of 'line up and don't die' and 'just embarass the team, fans, city, and state'.
Reply/Quote
So, a thread about our draft class being praised is now a bash Lou thread?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So, a thread about our draft class being praised is now a bash Lou thread?

Lou blows
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 08:22 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lou blows

Maybe, but what does that have to do with the draft class?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe, but what does that have to do with the draft class?

We brought in some potentially good defensive players that Lou is gonna ruin.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great point on Chase taking off the year. You have mentioned it before that rookies have it rough going right from college to
the Combine, to OTA's to Training Camp to the regular season and adjusting. Chase is as fresh as he can be right now. Carman
can definitely play RT or LT in a pinch for us which is why he is so valuable, just don't match him up against speed.

Hope the O-lineman we brought in are taking it personal and want to prove this is not a problem anymore.

The trade back was key to this Draft. Like you said, got us Shelvin and D'ante along with the ability to draft McPherson.

Carman is actually in a somewhat similar boat to Chase, albeit to a lesser extent.  He had surgery immediately after his season ended and has spent the rest of the time in recovery and rehab, which I like better than going immediately to some gym and trying to improve his combine performance.  He didn't even get to participate at his team's pro day because of the surgery.  I still look at that as one of the things I like best about Carman:  He chose to stick it out and play the last 5 games with a herniated disc in his back and have surgery at the end of his season.  Most players would have had the surgery and prepared for the combine.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 08:32 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: We brought in some potentially good defensive players that Lou is gonna ruin.

Like he has Bates?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 11:16 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Like he has Bates?

1 player doesn't make a compelling argument.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Carman is actually in a somewhat similar boat to Chase, albeit to a lesser extent.  He had surgery immediately after his season ended and has spent the rest of the time in recovery and rehab, which I like better than going immediately to some gym and trying to improve his combine performance.  He didn't even get to participate at his team's pro day because of the surgery.  I still look at that as one of the things I like best about Carman:  He chose to stick it out and play the last 5 games with a herniated disc in his back and have surgery at the end of his season.  Most players would have had the surgery and prepared for the combine.  

Yes, Jackson is a stand up dude. All class.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 11:16 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Like he has Bates?

Exactly.

Everyone here noticed what a huge step BACKWARDS Bates made in his first season under Zac and Lou.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 08:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.

Everyone here noticed what a huge step BACKWARDS Bates made in his first season under Zac and Lou.

Bates didn't tackle near as good as a sophomore under Zac and Lou as he did as a rookie true.

Made the step last year though and is now one of the best at his position, pay the man.
Reply/Quote