Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day Rumors
One rumor today is that the Falcons may be trying to get in front of Denver to ensure they get Devin Bush. That would probably mean a trade back for us and a tackle in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: One rumor today is that the Falcons may be trying to get in front of Denver to ensure they get Devin Bush. That would probably mean a trade back for us and a tackle in round 1.

The Rams are apparently looking to trade down from 31, so it's possible the Bengals use some of that hypothetical extra draft capital to move up 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hoping some of these teams wanting QBs trade to a spot ahead of us.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: One rumor today is that the Falcons may be trying to get in front of Denver to ensure they get Devin Bush. That would probably mean a trade back for us and a tackle in round 1.

If it transpires this way.....who do you see us taking at tackle?  LB in the 2nd?  Mack Wilson or Pratt....or someone else?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: If it transpires this way.....who do you see us taking at tackle?  LB in the 2nd?  Mack Wilson or Pratt....or someone else?

I'd actually like to jump back twice. Once presumably to 15 with the Redskins so they can get a QB which should net us a 3rd. Then from 15 back again for someone looking to jump the Giants at 17 for a QB. That would then allow us to take Wilson late 1st and move up for a tackle in the 2nd or vice versa. 
Reply/Quote

To me Detroit is our target to jump up for a LB if we want one of the Devin's
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:18 AM)Au165 Wrote:

I don’t see the bengals moving up at all in the first. At least from 11 depending on if they move back at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:20 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I don’t see the bengals moving up at all in the first.  At least from 11 depending on if they move back at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it's all about how much they value one of the top LB's. 
Reply/Quote

in order to trade back you need a partner.  This may be a tough year to find someone wanting to move up, but ideally moving back to late first and getting a 2nd and 3rd would tickle me pink

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd actually like to jump back twice. Once presumably to 15 with the Redskins so they can get a QB which should net us a 3rd. Then from 15 back again for someone looking to jump the Giants at 17 for a QB. That would then allow us to take Wilson late 1st and move up for a tackle in the 2nd or vice versa. 

We may disagree on players, but I like how you're thinking with these trade backs. Just looking at teams that might look to trade up for QB, there is Miami, Wash, NYG, Oakland, and possibly the Chargers.

If we were to trade back just once, we line up pretty nice on the trade chart with Washington at 15 and Oakland at 24.

Bengals - 1-11 (1250pts)
Washington - 1-15 (1050pts), 3-76 (210pts) = 1260
Oakland - 1-24 (740pts), 2- 35 (550) = 1290
Reply/Quote
For me we have hit worse case senario today with all rumors pointing towards Dillard in the first. We are talking about a guy who couldn't run block if his life depended on it and was considered by most a round 3-4 prospect before the combine testing. If we take him my prediction is he's Cedric 2.0 and we would have wasted a top 15 pick on a guy who will be a career backup. I see absolutely no versatility for him to play at any other spot than LT.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:18 AM)Au165 Wrote:

A trade of our 1st and 3rd, for Detroit's 1st and 4th is fairly even.  We would lose a 3rd but gain a 4th.  Not a horrible situation if you really want Devin Bush.  Of course some on here don't even want him at 11.  We could also have a fall back plan if both LBs go early.  Like you said a trade back, and there will easily still be an OT available even if a trade doesn't happen.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:52 AM)Okeana Wrote: For me we have hit worse case senario today with all rumors pointing towards Dillard in the first.  We are talking about a guy who couldn't run block if his life depended on it and was considered by most a round 3-4 prospect before the combine testing.  If we take him my prediction is he's Cedric 2.0 and we would have wasted a top 15 pick on a guy who will be a career backup.  I see absolutely no versatility for him to play at any other spot than LT.

I've been seeing mock drafts and rumors today that he won't be available at 11 so you may not have to worry about it. 

And if we take him, I hope you're prediction is wrong. I think the jury is still out on his run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:52 AM)Okeana Wrote: For me we have hit worse case senario today with all rumors pointing towards Dillard in the first.  We are talking about a guy who couldn't run block if his life depended on it and was considered by most a round 3-4 prospect before the combine testing.  If we take him my prediction is he's Cedric 2.0 and we would have wasted a top 15 pick on a guy who will be a career backup.  I see absolutely no versatility for him to play at any other spot than LT.

I am with you on this.   It's who I expect to be our pick at 11.

Followed by Wilson at 42.   And I'm not really a fan.  Just a another mediocre linebacker to add to our current poor LB room

Followed by a QB at 72  - sanctioned because we've addressed our needs.

This is my expectation.   I truly hope I'm wrong.

One thing feels certain.  We will not get one of the Devins. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:11 AM)3wt Wrote: I am with you on this.   It's who I expect to be our pick at 11.

Followed by Wilson at 42.   And I'm not really a fan.  Just a another mediocre linebacker to add to our current poor LB room

Followed by a QB at 72  - sanctioned because we've addressed our needs.

This is my expectation.   I truly hope I'm wrong.

One thing feels certain.  We will not get one of the Devins. 

Now I'm really depressed.   This is absolute rock bottom

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:40 AM)Okeana Wrote: in order to trade back you need a partner.  This may be a tough year to find someone wanting to move up, but ideally moving back to late first and getting a 2nd and 3rd would tickle me pink

I think this year has some options for trade backs. I actually think a run on QB's is going to happen based on something I was told last night by someone I trust but it is based on a QB besides Murray going in the top 4. If that happens we are back in 2011 in terms of a crazy top 12 QB run.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:44 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: We may disagree on players, but I like how you're thinking with these trade backs. Just looking at teams that might look to trade up for QB, there is Miami, Wash, NYG, Oakland, and possibly the Chargers.

If we were to trade back just once, we line up pretty nice on the trade chart with Washington at 15 and Oakland at 24.

Bengals - 1-11 (1250pts)
Washington - 1-15 (1050pts), 3-76 (210pts) = 1260
Oakland - 1-24 (740pts), 2- 35 (550) = 1290

Oakland is interesting because I believe their interest in Jacobs is real and they have to get in front of Baltimore to do it and be safe. How far in front depends on who is willing to move back as you count forward from 22. 
Reply/Quote

Dane Brugler said teams picking in the teens that want Cody Ford dont expect him to be there because the Bengals are very high on him.

Ford fits what Turner talked about when they asked him what he wanted in offensive linemen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

To me, it sounds like it's just us playing shadow games because we finally have a coach that knows what the hell he's doing!  Turner wants Ford so Taylor is sending out smoke signals so no one tries to jump ahead of us and take him, especially if we can trade back a few spots and still grab him!

For once, I have faith in this organization!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Dane Brugler said teams picking in the teens that want Cody Ford dont expect him to be there because the Bengals are very high on him.

Ford fits what Turner talked about when they asked him what he wanted in offensive linemen.

That'd be an interesting pick and I was thinking the same thing about the Turner fit with Ford & Taylor before the Dillard stuff came out. Could this be the year the team finally uses Lapham as a smoke screen? 
Reply/Quote