Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day Rumors
(04-25-2019, 12:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Dane Brugler said teams picking in the teens that want Cody Ford dont expect him to be there because the Bengals are very high on him.

Ford fits what Turner talked about when they asked him what he wanted in offensive linemen.

I'm 100% fine with Ford because I believe he is the best offensive tackle/guard in the first round.  The guy just has all the traits and physical tools you want in a lineman.  If we got Cody Ford in the first and maybe Tytus Howard in the 2nd I wouldn't complain a bit because I think both are a big nasty lineman

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The rumor now is the QB the Redskins are trying to trade up for is....Daniel Jones. They are trying to get in front of NYG because they believe he is their guy. This could create total chaos.

Quick note here, this actually is in line with what my source had said about 2 QB's going top 4 that could just cause a chaos QB run.
Reply/Quote
I'd actually be interested here as a back up 3 technique. If you could get him for a 4th I'd do it.

Reply/Quote
I think Dennis Daley from South Carolina would be a nice grab at OT in the 3rd round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oakland is now in play for Haskins at 4. Ooooo weeee some guys could be sliding if a run goes on these terrible QB's

If there is a universe where Quinnen Williams slides to 7 we need to move up immediately and get him

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: Oakland is now in play for Haskins at 4. Ooooo weeee some guys could be sliding if a run goes on these terrible QB's

If there is a universe where Quinnen Williams slides to 7 we need to move up immediately and get him

See I knew we agreed on something.

A 1/3/4of Murray Haskins Jones is a dream.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: See I knew we agreed on something.

A 1 3 5 is even better. Eliminates Tampa as a Devin white landing spot. Someone values bush higher and poof!

Ps I’d also be surprised to see someone go that high for jones. I can see Washington or the Giants move up to get Jones around 11-13. Ny would make its pick at 6 then try to get ahead of Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: See I knew we agreed on something.

I think we agree on more prospects than we disagree on.  No sure things in football so its all about personal opinions.  Hell I 100% supported the John Ross pick and look how that's worked outs o far.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think we agree on more prospects than we disagree on.  No sure things in football so its all about personal opinions.  Hell I 100% supported the John Ross pick and look how that's worked outs o far.

I was team Mike Williams but it didn’t matter because he was gone by our pick. I had come around to Ross more than when the process had started. I was pretty anti Corey Davis.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:07 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think Dennis Daley from South Carolina would be a nice grab at OT in the 3rd round.

I've gotten him in some mocks as low as the 5th.  I'd be down for him from the 3rd on for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Now Steelers looking at moving into top 10 for a LB. if both the Falcons and Steelers are willing to trade that far up for one of those two guys, that should put to rest any of the poopooing of the Bengals trading up for White.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Now Steelers looking at moving into top 10 for a LB. if both the Falcons and Steelers are willing to trade that far up for one of those two guys, that should put to rest any of the poopooing of the Bengals trading up for White.

I wonder if it could be for OLB Brian Burns. I know they aren't happy with Bud Dupree.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
there is some real buzz going around kyler murray may not be the #1. Arizona Owner personally called Q Williams to let him know that he's still in play at #1. Also, Sweat saw several doctors who say he was misdiagnosed at the combine and he does not have a heart issue.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: there is some real buzz going around kyler murray may not be the #1.  Arizona Owner personally called Q Williams to let him know that he's still in play at #1.   Also, Sweat saw several doctors who say he was misdiagnosed at the combine and he does not have a heart issue.

This would throw a huge wrench in all the mocks. I'm not sure Oak & NYG take a QB at 4 and 6. Could lead to the 2 LBs & top 3 OTs being gone before 11. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:52 AM)Okeana Wrote: For me we have hit worse case senario today with all rumors pointing towards Dillard in the first.  We are talking about a guy who couldn't run block if his life depended on it and was considered by most a round 3-4 prospect before the combine testing.  If we take him my prediction is he's Cedric 2.0 and we would have wasted a top 15 pick on a guy who will be a career backup.  I see absolutely no versatility for him to play at any other spot than LT.

I'm still hopeful and excited, but, yeah, I'm thinking we're going Dillard and I'm not a fan. I think most years he'd go 2-3, but this tackle class is not good. The guys with technique don't have a ton of experience or power, and the guys with strength either play vertical or don't know how to set hands.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd actually like to jump back twice. Once presumably to 15 with the Redskins so they can get a QB which should net us a 3rd. Then from 15 back again for someone looking to jump the Giants at 17 for a QB. That would then allow us to take Wilson late 1st and move up for a tackle in the 2nd or vice versa. 

This reminds me of Marv's first (?) year where he traded back multiple times till the good talent was gone and drafted Chris Perry. I hate this and am surprised you have Mack in the first 3 rounds to be honest. His analytics are gross.

(04-25-2019, 01:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: Oakland is now in play for Haskins at 4. Ooooo weeee some guys could be sliding if a run goes on these terrible QB's

Now you're talking! Party in the Nati!!

(04-25-2019, 04:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: there is some real buzz going around kyler murray may not be the #1. Arizona Owner personally called Q Williams to let him know that he's still in play at #1. Also, Sweat saw several doctors who say he was misdiagnosed at the combine and he does not have a heart issue.

This puts Sweat back in play for me at 11. I like him and Burns both probably more than an offensive lineman.

Ultimately we should be praying for Oliver or a Devin to slide.

Dillard would just be a sad pick imho.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: Oakland is now in play for Haskins at 4.  Ooooo weeee some guys could be sliding if a run goes on these terrible QB's

Thanks Okeana for pulling me out of my suicidal nose dive.   I looked at Peter Schrager's mock and it had both the LBs and the top 3 OTs gone.   I was going to end it all there, but someone rang the dinner bell for a quick save.

Then all this stuff about super QB runs, Cody Ford love and the potential that Quinnen Williams might slide within reach was injected directly into my limbic system and now I'm on the manic upswing!

Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd actually like to jump back twice. Once presumably to 15 with the Redskins so they can get a QB which should net us a 3rd. Then from 15 back again for someone looking to jump the Giants at 17 for a QB. That would then allow us to take Wilson late 1st and move up for a tackle in the 2nd or vice versa. 

Wilson is more like a third round pick.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:30 PM)Mobster Wrote: Wilson is more like a third round pick.  

ha, I just started a thread on the topic.   He has to be the player with the most varied opinion on the board. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals should call up their friends in Buffalo and swap firsts
Reply/Quote