Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Madness
(12-28-2020, 08:10 AM)Synric Wrote: Christian Darrisaw is having an incredible season it's on par with Penei Sewell's 2019 season but against higher quality competition.

Darrisaw has went up against guys like Victor Dimukeje, Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones, and Myles Murphy. I would say his worst game this year was against Myles Murphy. He is very likely a top 15 pick possibly top 10.

Thanks for the insight.  I honestly hadn't watched much of, or done any real research on Darrisaw, and was curious about weather his projection was earnest.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I dont think they view OT as a big need. I think they actually like Hart.

I'd look for them to go wr or cb...to replace Green or Jackson.

Agree.  If they get a guy like Sewell no-brainer.  If not they need a burner WR.  

Although AJ's not a deep threat teams still respect that part of his game and roll coverage.  With AJ gone we need somebody to fill that role.

Higgins and Bates are studs but not the speed guys.  And they need the speed guy to help open their routes.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s about to take them to the postseason

watch him get a win
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:50 PM)Tony Wrote: Just saying. Everyone outside of Cincy know that he isn't good. Even Cowboys fans.. Average is what Andy is.. Below Andy Bad. Above Andy good. Average is the biggest compliment you get out of me... 

Why in you're previous thread did you say 75% of Dalton's other games were bad?  That would indicate he is not average.  Average would be 50% .

In a roundabout way you're actually disproving your own point about Dalton.  If 25% is what you consider average, and average is actually 50%, you are actually indicating Dalton is better than average. Cool  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 08:10 AM)Synric Wrote: Christian Darrisaw is having an incredible season it's on par with Penei Sewell's 2019 season but against higher quality competition.

Darrisaw has went up against guys like Victor Dimukeje, Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones, and Myles Murphy. I would say his worst game this year was against Myles Murphy. He is very likely a top 15 pick possibly top 10.

Awesome to hear, so missing Sewell may not be that bad after all?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton is having none of that shit.

19-24, 356 yards (14.8 AVG), 3 TD/0 INT, perfect 158.3 QB Rating

Damn... finished at 377. He and Gallup are meshing well down there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: watch him get a win

If that happens I’ll be happy for him. In fact I hope it does.
Reply/Quote
Picking 12th may not actually be a bad thing.
Sure, they basically had it locked to get an elite player at 3, but the draft really opens up in the teens this year.

Some players I'd consider at 12 (assuming none of the blue chip prospects fall):
- Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech
- Wyatt Davis, OG Ohio St
- Kyle Pitts, TE Florida
- Devonta Smith, WR Alabama
- Jaylen Waddle, WR Alabama
- Kwity Paye, DE Michigan
- Rashawn Slater, OL Northwestern

The non-QB guys I have as "blue chip" are:
- Penei Sewell, OT Oregon
- JaMarr Chase, WR LSU
- Micah Parsons, LB Penn St
- Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama
- Caleb Farley, CB Virginia Tech
- Gregory Rousseau, EDGE Miami
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ll see. I’m convinced Adam Gase could hold back almost any young QB.

With the way Tannehill has played in TN, you might have a point.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To me, the San Diego game was the one perfectly setup for us to win. They had a less than stellar record. We beat them a few weeks earlier.

Then, we lost it.

Dalton had his mistakes, but I think we were outcoached, or we out "thought" ourselves. BJGE had a nice game against SD that year, had good games against them previously for some odd reason, and a good 1st half in that playoff game. Then he was left on the bench.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Picking 12th may not actually be a bad thing.
Sure, they basically had it locked to get an elite player at 3, but the draft really opens up in the teens this year.

Some players I'd consider at 12 (assuming none of the blue chip prospects fall):
- Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

- JaMarr Chase, WR LSU

We can’t finish any worse than 10th. There’s only 10 teams (including us) with less than 6 wins.

Reply/Quote
Also, why is Pitts not a Blue Chip prospect? He’s the best TE to come out in years. The highest rated in the PFF era. And he did it in the SEC.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, why is Pitts not a Blue Chip prospect? He’s the best TE to come out in years. The highest rated in the PFF era. And he did it in the SEC.

I consider him to be one from a TE perspective, but it's extremely rare for a TE to go Top 10. He's my luxury pick if the Bengals are picking outside the Top 5.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can’t finish any worse than 10th. There’s only 10 teams (including us) with less than 6 wins.

You're right. I picked 12th because that's what was mentioned in OP.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Picking 12th may not actually be a bad thing.

- Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

- JaMarr Chase, WR LSU

I would take Wyatt Davis off this list and add Alijah Vera-Tucker. Davis is having a down year he has been up & down in pass protection, and he's also having issues pulling and climbing to the second level. Vera-Tucker is having a great year while playing Left Tackle he is showing versatility and athleticism.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I consider him to be one from a TE perspective, but it's extremely rare for a TE to go Top 10. He's my luxury pick if the Bengals are picking outside the Top 5.

I thought so too, but when I looked I didn’t have to go back very far. Hockenson went 8th just two years ago. And he’s already a Pro Bowler, so it seems he was worth it.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 03:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought so too, but when I looked I didn’t have to go back very far. Hockenson went 8th just two years ago. And he’s already a Pro Bowler, so it seems he was worth it.

It's still considered rare, as it happens less than OT, QB, WR, CB, and pass rusher.

EDIT - In the past 10 drafts, here is the count of each position taken in the Top 10 picks:
QB - 22
EDGE - 17
OT - 13
WR - 11
CB - 10
LB - 8
RB - 6
IDL - 6
IOL - 4
TE - 2
S - 1

So a TE is only taken more often than a safety in the past decade.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's still considered rare, as it happens less than OT, QB, WR, CB, and pass rusher.

True, but Pitts is a rare talent. He’s the highest graded TE (and pass catcher in general) in the PFF era (95.9). George Kittle was the closest with (93.8).

If you did a re-draft of 2017 would you take Kittle in the top 10? I would.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals went TE or WR in round 1, are there quality OL in round 2?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True, but Pitts is a rare talent. He’s the highest graded TE (and pass catcher in general) in the PFF era (95.9). George Kittle was the closest with (93.8).

If you did a re-draft of 2017 would you take Kittle in the top 10? I would.

I think we're arguing just to argue tbh.
I already told you I consider Pitts to be a fantastic prospect, and I already explained that I didn't include him in my "blue chip" list because TEs are so rarely taken in Top 10. I also said I'd take him if picking outside Top 5. I remember OJ Howard being in a similar discussion as a Top 10 pick, but he ultimately fell all the way to 19th overall. Eifert was considered by many to be picked around 10-15 but fell to 21st overall. The reason is because while the talent is there, teams picking earlier likely have bigger needs that they go for a more premium position than TE.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote