Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Madness
(12-27-2020, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think they’ll give the next HC a chance at salvaging Darnold.

Darnold was overrated AF by the media because he was coming out of USC. He's never shown anything to indicate he'll be a top QB. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: Darnold was overrated AF by the media because he was coming out of USC. He's never shown anything to indicate he'll be a top QB. 

We’ll see. I’m convinced Adam Gase could hold back almost any young QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You deserve the award for biggest dalton hater

I’m honestly impressed. You even referenced the Dalton line which was completely made up by sports media talking heads lol

Just saying. Everyone outside of Cincy know that he isn't good. Even Cowboys fans.. Average is what Andy is.. Below Andy Bad. Above Andy good. Average is the biggest compliment you get out of me... 
Reply/Quote
It's sad we lost for so long people nut hang on someone like Dalton. I live in PA , Stealer country and they literally laughed about facing Dalton. Palmer and Burrow, they respect them.. They shit all over Dalton it was horrible. I had a party the day he was cut. I got ***** lit with some sundae driver smoke.... Great ***** day..
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ll see. I’m convinced Adam Gase could hold back almost any young QB.

Definitely could be right. Seemed like he kind of fell back to earth a bit in his second year of college and hasn't really shown much (to me, atleast) in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:54 PM)Tony Wrote: It's sad we lost for so long people nut hang on someone like Dalton. I live in PA , Stealer country and they literally laughed about facing Dalton. Palmer and Burrow, they respect them.. They shit all over Dalton it was horrible. I had a party the day he was cut. I got ***** lit with some sundae driver smoke.... Great ***** day..

Nobody longs for dalton we have burrow

But Palmer and burrow were number 1 picks who the media loved

Dalton was a 2nd round ginger who would play poorly in the playoffs

You have to understand that media will talk certain people up and put other players down, and that fans just repeat whatever media says

Media still doesn’t think cousins is very good

People are still not sold on josh Allen for how badly media would bash him during and after 2019. And his 2019 was very good

Dalton had numbers comparable to stafford and luck before the 2019 disaster. Now I’m not saying he’s better than those guys, but he did put up good numbers
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not following this logic. What would have prevented us from trading the more valuable 3rd pick?

Sewelle 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Nobody longs for dalton we have burrow

But Palmer and burrow were number 1 picks who the media loved

Dalton was a 2nd round ginger who would play poorly in the playoffs

You have to understand that media will talk certain people up and put other players down, and that fans just repeat whatever media says

Media still doesn’t think cousins is very good

People are still not sold on josh Allen for how badly media would bash him during and after 2019. And his 2019 was very good

Dalton had numbers comparable to stafford and luck before the 2019 disaster. Now I’m not saying he’s better than those guys, but he did put up good numbers

He came up short in big moments way to much for me. I was ok with him until the charger playoff loss. I knew it was time to move on then.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: You should charge me rent for that space in your head I occupy

Secondly: 32 teams in the NFL didn't want Andy to be their starter going into this year, so 34 seems just about right

C: Andy came into today's game with a 85.9 rating which once again puts him at the bottom tier of the NFL "starters"

Finally: Andy would have been good for JB, but at least we saved Mikey some money.

PS: I don't feel silly, but somebody damn sure looks silly. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Phone......just saying

Just editing the crap he writes would be a plus, but he makes it a *great excuse...cough cough* blaming the phone instead of his own laziness.

Hey look guys! it's my keyboard's fault! No wait, it's the monitor! No? My "fone"? My dog ate my original post.. THERE! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:31 PM)Tony Wrote: He came up short in big moments way to much for me. I was ok with him until the charger playoff loss. I knew it was time to move on then.. 

Since you are such an expert on what is or not is good play . . . can you name any player or players that played well during Dalton's 4 playoff losses?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since you are such an expert on what is or not is good play . . . can you name any player or players that played well during Dalton's 4 playoff losses?

Ah this exercise. Marvin Jones.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since you are such an expert on what is or not is good play . . . can you name any player or players that played well during Dalton's 4 playoff losses?

Marvin Jones vs San Diego. Franchise record for yards (130) in a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just editing the crap he writes would be a plus, but he makes it a *great excuse...cough cough* blaming the phone instead of his own laziness.
Hey look guys! it's my keyboard's fault! No wait, it's the monitor! No? My "fone"? My dog ate my original post.. THERE! 
I blame my fat fingers ...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just editing the crap he writes would be a plus, but he makes it a *great excuse...cough cough* blaming the phone instead of his own laziness.

Hey sherlock Holmes, do you understand sarcasm? I spelt FONE and a bunch of words wrong on purpose... Grammar complainers are the worst people in the world.. Everyone is inferior to you because you spell so well.. GTFOH..  
Reply/Quote
Really hate to say it because I think winning is extremely important for this team, but they have to lose next week. They could drop to 12 with a win. As of now they’re 5th I do believe
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since you are such an expert on what is or not is good play . . . can you name any player or players that played well during Dalton's 4 playoff losses?

You people are tiring. Yes Andy is a good guy. He is not a good QB... He held this team back ... Hes had 2 of the worst QB ratings in history. He was Average at best and not good enough to win in the playoffs.. Usually if the QB plays bad the whole offense will fail... 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Jags: Lawrence
Jets: Sewell or Qb
Falcons: Lb parsons, or Sewell if Jets go Qb
Miami: Chase or Te
Eagles: QB or Surtain Cb, or Lb Parsons, or Wr
Bengals: would love to go with a pass rusher here.
             Parsons could fall (maybe falcons go pass rusher).
             A corner, wideout, or Te pitts could fall to us too.

Pitts looks great in college, but TE/WR hybrids have interesting transitions to the NFL. Here, they do expect him to block...and I dont think he'd be good at that.

Man, the scenario you laid out isnt that good for us. I could see them going Surtain to replace Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:13 AM)Tony Wrote: You people are tiring. Yes Andy is a good guy. He is not a good QB... He held this team back ... Hes had 2 of the worst QB ratings in history. He was Average at best and not good enough to win in the playoffs.. Usually if the QB plays bad the whole offense will fail... 

Didnt TJ Yates beat him atleast once in the playoffs?

Our entire team imploded in playoffs generally. The defense. The offense. If one played ok, the other didnt.

But, yeah Dalton was about the 15th best QB in the NFL. Some were better. Some worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ah this exercise. Marvin Jones.

One player for one game. Then Dalton has no excuses or reasons to have lost.

Marvin Jones Playoffs with the Bengals
#1 - 3 catches for 34 yards
#2 - 8 catches for 130 yards - defense gives up almost 200 yards rushing
#3 - DNP injured - This is the game that Rex Burkhead started at WR
#4 - 4 catches for 32 yards with McCarron
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote