Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Madness
(12-27-2020, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree

Can you not understand how I’m lampooning fans who become optimistic because the players who have been crap all season suddenly start to play well come way late in the season? This happens with all bottom of the barrel teams

Late season chicanery. End of season shenanigans

The o-line playing well in weeks 15 and 16 mean nothing to me, and should mean nothing to anyone else
Reply/Quote
Picking 6th or 5th is better for us because now we can trade the pick and get multiple picks in the process.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
A couple thoughts:

1) We ain't beating Baltimore. The Ravens need the game.

2) Carolina is winning today over Wash. That will bump us up a spot.

3) Not sure what happens if we tie with Philly. I think Strength of Schedule is the tie-breaker. I believe the team with the EASIER schedule picks first. After the 1 pm games, we were dead even with Philly.

4) Atlanta travels to TB for the last game. TB has clinched a PO spot but can't win the division. If they rest Brady/Gronk and/or some others, the Falcons do have a shot. On the downside, TB lost to the Rams this year, if they lose to ATL, and the Rams beat Arizona, TB would slip to 6th. I'm sure they'd prefer to take on whomever wins the NFC l'East, which means they need to finish 5th.

5) The other team that we could jump with a loss is Houston. They host Tennessee last. Now, Houston owes their pick to Miami, so the tank is not an issue. Beating Tennessee will be difficult. Especially for a team with a poor run D. Still, Tenn lost to us, and they have Watson, so a punchers chance. Tenn has the TB over Indy and a 1 game lead at the moment. Indy plays Jax last. So Tenn needs 1 more win. They play at GB, then Hou. Rooting for them to win at GB tonight, which would clinch a PO spot & the Division. The Pack clinch a bye with 2 more wins.

Bottom line, I think we will move up a bit on the draft board. At worst, we hold steady.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: No way! This is our o-line of the future. Did you see how good they were today?

Houston packed it in weeks ago.. Their defense has been bad all year.. I just hate how this team constantly does stupid shit. They can't even tank right...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A couple thoughts:

2) Carolina is winning today over Wash. That will bump us up a spot.

3) Not sure what happens if we tie with Philly. I think Strength of Schedule is the tie-breaker. I believe the team with the EASIER schedule picks first. After the 1 pm games, we were dead even with Philly.

4) Atlanta travels to TB for the last game. TB has clinched a PO spot but can't win the division. If they rest Brady/Gronk and/or some others, the Falcons do have a shot. On the downside, TB lost to the Rams this year, if they lose to ATL, and the Rams beat Arizona, TB would slip to 6th. I'm sure they'd prefer to take on whomever wins the NFC l'East, which means they need to finish 5th.

5) The other team that we could jump with a loss is Houston. They host Tennessee last. Now, Houston owes their pick to Miami, so the tank is not an issue. Beating Tennessee will be difficult. Especially for a team with a poor run D. Still, Tenn lost to us, and they have Watson, so a punchers chance. Tenn has the TB over Indy and a 1 game lead at the moment. Indy plays Jax last. So Tenn needs 1 more win. They play at GB, then Hou. Rooting for them to win at GB tonight, which would clinch a PO spot & the Division. The Pack clinch a bye with 2 more wins.

Bottom line, I think we will move up a bit on the draft board. At worst, we hold steady.

I hope we can get back to 3...
Reply/Quote
The jets take Sewell. Who is it that’s not going to be there at 6 rather than 3? Nobody comes to mind
Reply/Quote
Draft Chase being AJ will be gone. Boyd, Tee and Chase will be nice weapons for Joey B. Plus Joe and Chase already have played together.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Got to love beating Steelers and Ravens last 2 week..woo hoo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton is having none of that shit.

19-24, 356 yards (14.8 AVG), 3 TD/0 INT, perfect 158.3 QB Rating

I was told by an esteemed member of this board that there were a minimum of 34 better QB's in the NFL last season.

And not just better statistically, but just better overall players.  I tried to bring up the fact of what he had to work with, and who was calling his plays, but they were having none of it.

I wonder if that person feels a little silly now.

PS Fun Fact: Even though this person thought he was that bad, he was one of the only people on here that wanted Dalton to return as a backup, making 18 million dollars.  Figure that one out.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Can you not understand how I’m lampooning fans who become optimistic because the players who have been crap all season suddenly start to play well come way late in the season? This happens with all bottom of the barrel teams

Late season chicanery. End of season shenanigans

The o-line playing well in weeks 15 and 16 mean nothing to me, and should mean nothing to anyone else

The lime actually played well 2nd half, how about you move a bit more accurate 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The lime actually played well 2nd half, how about you move a bit more accurate 

What about the lemon?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:30 PM)Tony Wrote: Houston packed it in weeks ago.. Their defense has been bad all year.. I just hate how this team constantly does stupid shit. They can't even tank right...

We literally “tanked right” last season for Joe smh
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I was told by an esteemed member of this board that there were a minimum of 34 better QB's in the NFL last season.

And not just better statistically, but just better overall players.  I tried to bring up the fact of what he had to work with, and who was calling his plays, but they were having none of it.

I wonder if that person feels a little silly now.

PS Fun Fact: Even though this person thought he was that bad, he was one of the only people on here that wanted Dalton to return as a backup, making 18 million dollars.  Figure that one out.

First off: You should charge me rent for that space in your head I occupy

Secondly: 32 teams in the NFL didn't want Andy to be their starter going into this year, so 34 seems just about right

C: Andy came into today's game with a 85.9 rating which once again puts him at the bottom tier of the NFL "starters"

Finally: Andy would have been good for JB, but at least we saved Mikey some money.

PS: I don't feel silly, but somebody damn sure looks silly. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A couple thoughts:

So if we beat the Ravens next week when they need the game, will that give you faith in the team?

For the record, I think it’ll be close but Bengals lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:40 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: What about the lemon?

They both played well.. combo awesome lol
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We literally “tanked right” last season for Joe smh

If by tanked you mean sucked then I agree...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I bet he likes Carson Palmer more than dalton

Which is just backwards

Bingo!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Picking 6th or 5th is better for us because now we can trade the pick and get multiple picks in the process.

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. I said something similar in one of the draft threads. I'm fine with taking Sewell at 3. But I'm also fine with falling back to 5-7 after there's likely some QB hungry teams that will be targeting those spots to trade up. 

If Miami is picking 3 or 4, they likely aren't taking a QB. Who knows what ATL is doing with all their holes. If Sewell really does go second, it's conceivable the rest of the QBs are still there by the fifth or sixth pick and there's a few teams projected to pick 9-12 that could want to jump up 4-7 spots. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Thanks for the great reply Einstein. (BTW, it's spelled "winning.") Also, it's obvious contractions were never your strong suit in grade school.

O deer! I mispeld someting! Couldn't be from hitting the wrong buttons on a small fone. DBag....
Reply/Quote
Looks like the lowest we could pick is pick 8.

We are running into a hot team next week. It’s not likely we win. If we lose we could actually move up the order. We likely stay at 5 though. We’re in great position to grab a great defensive playmaker, or Wr.

Good to see the team gaining confidence going into next year. As I’ve said for a few weeks, we likely didn’t have a shot at Sewell at 3 anyway.
Reply/Quote