Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Madness
(12-27-2020, 09:08 PM)Tony Wrote: Heres another one for you... Wininnig is absolutely stupid right now. It does nothing and I mean nothing at all but make our team worst with every meaningless win right now. Why dont you go play with yourself in a movie theater or something...

Why do you make playing with yourself in public a bad thing? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:12 PM)Tony Wrote: Nothing.  I just hate Dalton for all the wasted years at QB. He is trash..

Who would you had drafted in 2011 to replace Carson Palmer? Remember Cam Newton was already off the board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oops. The rankings just updated and it looks like we are picking at 6 right now, with pick 9 being the lowest we could pick.

I’m more than happy picking in this range. Hoping for a legit pass rusher, corner, or a Wr/Te. We’re in a great spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:55 PM)Tony Wrote: O deer! I mispeld someting! Couldn't be from hitting the wrong buttons on a small fone. DBag....

Phone......just saying
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: You should charge me rent for that space in your head I occupy

Secondly: 32 teams in the NFL didn't want Andy to be their starter going into this year, so 34 seems just about right

C: Andy came into today's game with a 85.9 rating which once again puts him at the bottom tier of the NFL "starters"

Finally: Andy would have been good for JB, but at least we saved Mikey some money.

PS: I don't feel silly, but somebody damn sure looks silly. 

He had his 1 good game this year,  so the not so bright 1's are gonna nut hang. .
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:05 PM)Tony Wrote: He had his 1 good game this year,  so the not so bright 1's are gonna nut hang. .

He also threw 3 touchdowns against the Vikings so 2 good games
Reply/Quote
Jags: Lawrence
Jets: Sewell or Qb
Falcons: Lb parsons, or Sewell if Jets go Qb
Miami: Chase or Te
Eagles: QB or Surtain Cb, or Lb Parsons, or Wr
Bengals: would love to go with a pass rusher here.
Parsons could fall (maybe falcons go pass rusher).
A corner, wideout, or Te pitts could fall to us too.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was ready to make fun of this take, but decided to look into it. It's closer than I would have thought. It doesn't take into account Pro Bowl market difference, or All-Pros, but....

# of Pro Bowl Seasons Since 2000:

1st Overall: 41
2nd Overall: 41
3rd Overall: 52
12th Overall: 35

For anyone interested here's an article that shows the # of All Pro selections per 1st round pick slot from 09-18. Seems pretty right that, at least for top 12, the draft slot doesn't matter as much as you would think. I certainly would have expected more value from top 5 picks compared to the rest. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rockmnation.com/platform/amp/2019/2/21/18233383/first-rounders-dominate-the-ranks-of-nfl-all-pro-selections
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Jags: Lawrence
Jets: Sewell or Qb
Falcons: Lb parsons, or Sewell if Jets go Qb
Miami: Chase or Te
Eagles: QB or Surtain Cb, or Lb Parsons, or Wr
Bengals: would love to go with a pass rusher here

Jets should take Sewell and grab Stafford in free agency
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I bet he likes Carson Palmer more than dalton

Which is just backwards

I think Palmer was a better QB, but Dalton certainly wasn’t trash. He was really good for us for a number of years. Anyone being even remotely objective should be able to admit that.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Who would you had drafted in 2011 to replace Carson Palmer?  Remember Cam Newton was already off the 
I'm having trouble  remembering who was all in that draft. I dont think any of them are that good.. Ponder,Locker are both gone.. I remember wanting to roll with Ragone who played high school ball at St Ignatius ohio or that lefevour dude... I'm from PA and my high school was national champs 3 times and St. IGNATIOUS came over here and destroyed us 37-6. I played safety and that was the best team I ever played against. We got them back the next year on a knuckle ball kick from my best friend as time expired down by 2 lol... Crazy shit..Dave Ragone was amazing.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Picking 6th or 5th is better for us because now we can trade the pick and get multiple picks in the process.

Not following this logic. What would have prevented us from trading the more valuable 3rd pick?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Who would you had drafted in 2011 to replace Carson Palmer? Remember Cam Newton was already off the board.

Dalton was a great pick. We probably should have moved one a year or two earlier, but there’s no denying that 2011 draft of AJ/Dalton was one of our best.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: For anyone interested here's an article that shows the # of All Pro selections per 1st round pick slot from 09-18. Seems pretty right that, at least for top 12, the draft slot doesn't matter as much as you would think. I certainly would have expected more value from top 5 picks compared to the rest. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rockmnation.com/platform/amp/2019/2/21/18233383/first-rounders-dominate-the-ranks-of-nfl-all-pro-selections

Think about how many times the 2nd and 3rd best QBs are being overdrafted, or in a bad QB year a QB still goes high (Blake Bortles drafted 3rd overall in 2014, Trubisky 2nd overall in 2017).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jets should take Sewell and grab Stafford in free agency

I think they’ll give the next HC a chance at salvaging Darnold.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think Palmer was a better QB, but Dalton certainly wasn’t trash. He was really good for us for a number of years. Anyone being even remotely objective should be able to admit that.

The Dalton scale was a real thing. It means your QB is good if hes better than Andy. Because Andy was as average as it gets.... He's not a good QB he was average to well below... Who cares anyway. He doesn't play here anymore. I love how you guys only spout off when he plays well. What about the other 75% of the games he is total trash?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Who would you had drafted in 2011 to replace Carson Palmer?  Remember Cam Newton was already off the board.

I can honestly say Dalton was the only QB I wanted from that draft class. I had a huge gut feeling Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker were going to be busts. I genuinely wasn't surprised at all we ended up being good Daltons 1st year. 

That said I also thought Ross was an okay draft pick...Wouldn't have been my pick but I didn't hate it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:35 PM)Tony Wrote: The Dalton scale was a real thing. It means your QB is good if hes better than Andy. Because Andy was as average as it gets.... He's not a good QB he was average to well below... Who cares anyway. He doesn't play here anymore. I love how you guys only spout off when he plays well. What about the other 75% of the games he is total trash?

Guy, I’ve been labeled a Dalton “hater” here for years lol. I’m just not going to pretend he was never good, or knock him on a day he lights it up. It would be silly...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think about how many times the 2nd and 3rd best QBs are being overdrafted, or in a bad QB year a QB still goes high (Blake Bortles drafted 3rd overall in 2014, Trubisky 2nd overall in 2017).

Very true. I bet if you look at top 5 picks outside of QBs it has much greater value. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:35 PM)Tony Wrote: The Dalton scale was a real thing. It means your QB is good if hes better than Andy. Because Andy was as average as it gets.... He's not a good QB he was average to well below... Who cares anyway. He doesn't play here anymore. I love how you guys only spout off when he plays well. What about the other 75% of the games he is total trash?

You deserve the award for biggest dalton hater

I’m honestly impressed. You even referenced the Dalton line which was completely made up by sports media talking heads lol
Reply/Quote