Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Position
(12-13-2020, 10:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But I was told Zac was much better conducting press conferences. My hunch is "giggles" is getting biggest giggle of all from al our fans who have no clue ML was not a bad head coach.

Please those of you that embarrassed yourselves bashing ML every chance you got, refrain from giving us more next HC advice (not talking about you Pistons).

I hate to say told you so, but yes while agreed it was time for a change (I wanted ML to go into FO and have a real GM) at HC, I told ya, be careful what you wish for, next guy can be worse. I hate I was right, but not surprised, ZT may be great in a few years, he just was not ready to be a HC and certainly not handle OC job at the same time.

Marvin left the team in pretty bad shape. I don't think its as all of his own doing though. I know ML did not want to draft John Ross. Whomever (MB) was responsible for drafting John Ross or Billy Price should never be able to pick another player.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:48 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: The Bengals will be aggressive for o-line this offseason, as the current season has demonstrated just how bad the need is and the FO just cannot ignore it. THE franchise guy has gone down for the year and every week Brandon Allen is hobbling off. I will say this, if they don’t address the line outside the draft I am officially done with the team until they get sold. I have not watched a game since Burrow went down because of how bad it has my blood boiling just thinking about their ignorance when it came to the o-line this year.

I hope you are right.

I know this is the last year for me rooting for a high draft pick.

We have a franchise QB and looks like a high probability we will be getting a Franchise LT.

If they cannot find FA's and coaching to help bring this talent along then I will be done as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:56 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I hope you are right.

I know this is the last year for me rooting for a high draft pick.

We have a franchise QB and looks like a high probability we will be getting a Franchise LT.

If they cannot find FA's and coaching to help bring this talent along then I will be done as well.

Agree. Need to replace Taylor, Anarumo, Turner. I fear if they don’t make the changes with the staff this offseason players are going to start looking to get out ASAP.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Having Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, J. Williams, a 3rd round draft pick and plenty of cap space we should be able to attract a pretty good coaching staff if they do get away from ZT. We should also be able to attract some FA's
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:51 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Marvin left the team in pretty bad shape. I don't think its as all of his own doing though. I know ML did not want to draft John Ross. Whomever (MB) was responsible for drafting John Ross or Billy Price should never be able to pick another player.

Eh Marvin won 6 games. Zac got Burrow, Tee, Jonah and a bunch of other talent. He's inept and must go.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But I was told Zac was much better conducting press conferences. My hunch is "giggles" is getting biggest giggle of all from all our fans who have no clue ML was not a bad head coach.

Please those of you that embarrassed yourselves bashing ML every chance you got, refrain from giving us more next HC advice (not talking about you Pistons).

I hate to say told you so, but yes while agreed it was time for a change (I wanted ML to go into FO and have a real GM) at HC, I told ya, be careful what you wish for, next guy can be worse. I hate I was right, but not surprised, ZT may be great in a few years, he just was not ready to be a HC and certainly not handle OC job at the same time.

I would have liked this move as well. The right timing would have been before Zimmer left. Promote Zim to HC, and move Marv to GM. Not sure if Marv would have been open to this, but it would have been a solid move.

A real GM would be nice. A real GM would not have let Whit and Zeitler go in FA. You have to try to actually hang on to the draft picks that you hit on. You can't just bank on your ability to hit on all draft picks, we obviously aren't capable of doing that.

Right now we need a legit Head Coach more than anything. Definitely not expecting a GM hire. We'll see what happens.. If we waste Burrow's talent that will be a new low for the franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:51 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Marvin left the team in pretty bad shape. I don't think its as all of his own doing though. I know ML did not want to draft John Ross. Whomever (MB) was responsible for drafting John Ross or Billy Price should never be able to pick another player.

Mavin didn't leave this team in bad shape. , Zac completely ruined it and the culture that Marvin Built.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Mavin didn't leave this team in bad shape. , Zac completely ruined it and the culture that Marvin Built.

Really?

Our 2018 #1 Pick was Billy Price a complete and total failure.

Our Offensive Line by the end of 2018 was

LT Cordy Glenn - Failure
LG - Clint Boling - Retiring
C - Billy Price - Failure Backup Tank Johnson (Terrible)
RG - Trey Hopkins, Christian Westerman, Alex Redmond (Terrible)
RT - Jake Fisher (2nd Rd Bust), Cedric Ogbuehi (1st Rd Bust), Bobby Hart (terrible)

I am sure Zak Taylor was thrilled to walk in to have that Offensive line to start with.
Reply/Quote
Let's hope picks 1 & 2 are Lawrence and Fields so the Bengals can grab the OT.
Reply/Quote
What could go wrong with a young prospect that needs coaching here?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:51 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Really?

LT Cordy Glenn - Failure
RT - Jake Fisher (2nd Rd Bust), Cedric Ogbuehi (1st Rd Bust), Bobby Hart (terrible)

I am sure Zak Taylor was thrilled to walk in to have that Offensive line to start with.

Maybe he should have used his draft picks more wisely. But then we wouldn’t have studs like Sample, Pratt, Finley...

Or asked Dukey boy to spend a few of those dollars they sunk on the defense on the other side of the ball. Blaming Marvin is like every president blaming the guy before him. It’s weak.

Reply/Quote

LT Cordy Glenn - Failure

Zac for 2 years has talked up the offensive line.

The coaches legit like Hart and MJ. Fans dont. But coaches do.
Reply/Quote

LT Cordy Glenn - Failure

1.) Glenn wasn't a failure and was bullied by the current coaching staff into retirement.
2.) Taylor Re-signed Hart. How is Clint Boiling retiring on Marvin?
3.) Marvin had the team 5-3 in 2018 before injury ruined the season. Zac hasn't won 5 games in 29 games. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:17 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Glenn wasn't a failure and was bullied by the current coaching staff into retirement.
2.) Taylor Re-signed Hart. How is Clint Boiling retiring on Marvin?
3.) Marvin had the team 5-3 in 2018 before injury ruined the season. Zac hasn't won 5 games in 29 games. 

Zak Taylor has had his fair share of injuries. Most of the guys they to this year are injured.

Not blaming retirement on Lewis just saying that was what our line was before Zak Taylor got here.

Just roving my original point that Lewis left a team that was trending down not up.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:23 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Zak Taylor has had his fair share of injuries. Most of the guys they to this year are injured.

Not blaming retirement on Lewis just saying that was what our line was before Zak Taylor got here.

Just roving my original point that Lewis left a team that was trending down not up.

I'm not talking about the roster that's on the front office and not on either coach. What I'm talking about the Culture of the team. This team doesn't compete anymore and the effort just isn't there. That never happened under Marvin its happening weekly under Zack.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:23 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Zak Taylor has had his fair share of injuries. Most of the guys they to this year are injured.

You'll lose proving that point. Burrow, Tee, Jonah, Alexander, Reader, Bell, Bynes...

This isnt a 4.5 win in 2 years team.

Other teams put up points with backup qbs... not here.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:45 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yep, even if we beat Houston (which we won't), we are still picking at 3 at the lowest (assuming we get blown out by Pitt and Balt).

Now fire Zac and make the right hire this time. We can still turn things around by adding a quality guard and drafting Sewell.

Agreed.  I would let Simmons finish the year (since he can't likely blow #3 overall now) and get in line for coaching candidates NOW and not be left with the old "what's left".  
Reply/Quote
Need to remember. Joe doesn't play defense. They need some help on that side also.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:39 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: What a great day for draft position!

Bengals lose, Chargers and Eagles win.

We now have a 1.5 game lead for the 3rd draft spot.

Hopefully Peneii Sewell will be our next Anthony Munoz and it is the beginning of a great Off Line.

Now all we need to do is get a new Offensive Line Coach.

Yes. Given the Bengals are realistically only able to win just one more of the remaining three games, they all but have the 3rd pick locked.
This would guarantee them either Sewell or likely being able to trade back with someone for a boatload of picks for either Lawrence or Fields if by chance Sewell is taken in the first two picks.
Get those mocks fired up!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote