Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you prepare for the Steelers?
(10-22-2015, 10:16 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: I read all of the posts and they are valid. But in the most simplistic approach I can think is The Bengals need to ball up their fists and punch the Steelers in the mouth.

Two very good offenses and two very average defenses.

This is a game they have to out "tough" them

I nominate Huber to throw the first punch
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:16 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: I read all of the posts and they are valid. But in the most simplistic approach I can think is The Bengals need to ball up their fists and punch the Steelers in the mouth.

Two very good offenses and two very average defenses.

This is a game they have to out "tough" them

agree i think we need to strike early and try and play with the lead to force them into more passing situations and unless our pass rush.

Stopping bell is gonna be rough with or without Big Ben on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 01:46 AM)treee Wrote: Whatever.

ok dude
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I nominate Huber to throw the first punch

It should be a kick.... To the facemask.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:03 PM)jason Wrote: LOL LOL

I had to Google "fish bat".  Never... in 41 years had I heard the term...  Turns out it's a billy club.  Then I see "offshore angler" associated with it....  Do people beat fish over the head when they catch them at sea?

Hmmm. Dunno. I've never been much of a fisherman. 

If you had a big fish on the line and it was up against the boat...would you wanna whack it on the head or continue to fight to get it on the boat?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bengals play them twice a year, every year, so they are kind of prepared for each other anyway.....I watched  the highlights of the last Steelers game against Arizona and I didn't come away thinking they are unbeatable. If we could beat the Seahawks, we can beat the Steelers....and I would not be surprised if the Chiefs beat the Steelers this Sunday. The Chiefs played the Bengals tough in The Jungle most of the game and the Chiefs will give the Steelers a game in Kansas City. ......OK, Steelers have the 2B's or not 2B's at WR, but we are loaded up with receivers also.  Bengals will be more than prepared for them......Also, The Steelers were down to their 3rd string QB, last week, and I don't care how you slice it, that shows something is wrong with their pass protection.

I might add, the Bengals coaches and scouts should be using bye week to make game plans for both the Steelers and the Browns, considering that after the bye week, the Bengals play Steelers on a Sunday and Browns on a Thursday. 2 games in 5 days. You want the players to get focused on only the next game, but the coaches and scouts should be making game plans for both, since there will be little time after the Steelers to prepare for the Browns.  Again, the players taking it one game at a time, but the coaches should have used some of the bye week to get ready for both teams in the span of 5 days.  Things happen fast after the bye week.  8-0 sounds good to me. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Quote: How Do You Prepare For The Steelers?

Lock up your women.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Practice playing wearing a cup all week.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 04:02 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Obviously for the defense, working on tackling never hurts. And emphasizing ball security to the offense. Do you try to prepare some trick plays? Work on 2nd level blocking? Bring Obarski back for a FG kicking competition w/Nuge?

Emphasis on tackling. The majority of pittsburgh's O is YAC...yds after catch for their WRs, and yds after contact for their RBs. Also concentrate on taking away Bell and Brown. That may let Bryant have a big play or two, but our O can overcome that. I am most worried about Bell. If we don't contain him, pittsburgh will run the ball to death, thus limiting our offensive snaps and likely win the game.

Our O simply needs to keep doing what it is doing. Take what the D gives you. Let them cover/take away who they think will hurt them most, then give it to the playmakers who they let us have. We have a very decent shot at coming away with a win in pittsburgh. If we do, we take a stranglehold on the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 10:25 AM)Beaker Wrote: Emphasis on tackling. The majority of pittsburgh's O is YAC...yds after catch for their WRs, and yds after contact for their RBs. Also concentrate on taking away Bell and Brown. That may let Bryant have a big play or two, but our O can overcome that. I am most worried about Bell. If we don't contain him, pittsburgh will run the ball to death, thus limiting our offensive snaps and likely win the game.

Our O simply needs to keep doing what it is doing. Take what the D gives you. Let them cover/take away who they think will hurt them most, then give it to the playmakers who they let us have. We have a very decent shot at coming away with a win in pittsburgh. If we do, we take a stranglehold on the AFCN.

Yes. This.  Tackling is the key.  
Reply/Quote
Honestly? Hope that Ben plays tomorrow and gets hurt along with Bell, Brown, and James Harrison. That's the ONLY way this team can win that game.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 04:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Honestly? Hope that Ben plays tomorrow and gets hurt along with Bell, Brown, and James Harrison.  That's the ONLY way this team can win that game.

So, what part of Pittsburgh did you say you were from again?  
I think you're going to be a bit upset and maybe vanish after the next Bengals game, just a hunch.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote