Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position
(12-02-2019, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I am completely confused.

Wasn't the OP about the Bengals losing the top pick because the Dolphins are playing worse than them?

Let me splain it to you. It doesn't matter who Miami has played before . It only matters how they play against a surging powerhouse like the Mighty Bengals. The Giants are the one who we worry about for the top pick. Are you saying the Bengals have no chance against the Phins or are you just FREDDING (arguing just to argue) me ? Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
If we could manage to win 2 more and still end up with the #1 overall pick, id be happy with that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Let me splain it to you. It doesn't matter who Miami has played before . It only matters how they play against a surging powerhouse like the Mighty Bengals. The Giants are the one who we worry about for the top pick. Are you saying the Bengals have no chance against the Phins or are you just FREDDING (arguing just to argue) me ? Sarcasm

I do not expect our bengals to win another game,so the number one pick is going to be Joe B. but I want CHASE YOUNG WITH THE FIRST PICK.I think Dalton with a great line can be as good as any one else,and ryan Finley is going to be a very good qb,just give him a training camp with the ones.He is a very good qb,and the number 3 is going to be good..
Reply/Quote
The strength of schedule is the first tiebreaker for determining draft order. If we end up with identical records with the Giants, they would pick first. The AFC North, despite its down year, still has a better record than the NFC East. Additionally, we have played the NFC West which has more wins than the Giants' NFC North opponents. I doubt any other tiebreakers will be necessary.

We also come out in 2nd place to SoS to Washington, Miami. It could be close with the Falcons

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think we are going to lose that pick.. I always thought this team was better than indicated, and players are coming back now.

What worries me: Brian Flores, Dolphins HC, has made his team pretty competitive, and 42% of his roster are undrafted players. That’s insane, good HC with multiple draft picks this year. Still hoping we got one in Zac.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 12:57 PM)pally Wrote: The strength of schedule is the first tiebreaker for determining draft order.  If we end up with identical records with the Giants, they would pick first.  The AFC North, despite its down year, still has a better record than the NFC East.  Additionally, we have played the NFC West which has more wins than the Giants' NFC North opponents.  I doubt any other tiebreakers will be necessary.

We also come out in 2nd place to SoS to Washington, Miami.  It could be close with the Falcons

Well I learn something new every day, I guess. I thought the draft order followed the same tiebreakers as the playoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 01:50 PM)thillan Wrote: I think we are going to lose that pick.. I always thought this team was better than indicated, and players are coming back now.

What worries me: Brian Flores, Dolphins HC, has made his team pretty competitive, and 42% of his roster are undrafted players. That’s insane, good HC with multiple draft picks this year. Still hoping we got one in Zac.

Agreed.

Really, it seems like most of the 'bad teams' are playing better now. The Bengals. The Redskins. The Dolphins. Even the Giants played the Packers tight.

It's hard to go an entire NFL Season looking bad.
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario = Bengals picking 3rd and missing out on both Chase Young and Joe Burrow?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worst case scenario = Bengals picking 3rd and missing out on both Chase Young and Joe Burrow?

You go OT IF you pick 3rd. Hardly a terrible scenario.

I'd say picking 4th is worst case scenario as their are CB's and DT's mocked there.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You go OT IF you pick 3rd. Hardly a terrible scenario.

I'd say picking 4th is worst case scenario as their are CB's and DT's mocked there.

If it were me, I'd go Andrew Thomas in a heartbeat if Young and Burrow were gone.
I agree, 4th is worse assuming all of Young, Burrow, and Thomas are gone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If it were me, I'd go Andrew Thomas in a heartbeat if Young and Burrow were gone.
I agree, 4th is worse assuming all of Young, Burrow, and Thomas are gone.

Honestly, given our needs...Thomas may be the best pick for us...although I do like Young and Burrow.

At 4, I suspect they'd go Tua or Herbert or Jeudy.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, given our needs...Thomas may be the best pick for us...although I do like Young and Burrow.

At 4, I suspect they'd go Tua or Herbert or Jeudy.

Or Jeff Okudah....Lol I think since hes from OSU people would reign it in but if he were from any other school people would flip their lid over another first round corner.

Also people are forgetting the Cards and Lions are both at 3 wins with the Redskins, Dolohins, and Falcons.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This guy is a 10-15 range pick, but a Safety like Grant Delpit would be nice.

For this 2 LB Scheme to work, having a great Safety would help A LOT.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Or Jeff Okudah....Lol I think since hes from OSU people would reign it in but if he were from any other school people would flip their lid over another first round corner.

Also people are forgetting the Cards and Lions are both at 3 wins with the Redskins, Dolohins, and Falcons.

Cards are at 3.5 wins, not 3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Cards are at 3.5 wins, not 3.

A tie that doesnt involve the Bengals? I didnt think that happened lol.

Honestly I can see 3 wins tops to finish to year but most most likely they might get one against the Dolphins and drop both Browns and the Patriots games. Best Odds are 2 total.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:36 PM)Synric Wrote: A tie that doesnt involve the Bengals? I didnt think that happened lol.

Honestly I can see 3 wins tops to finish to year but most most likely they might get one against the Dolphins and drop both Browns and the Patriots games. Best Odds are 2 total.

I'm thinking split against Browns and beat Dolphins.

The Browns have a couple good RB's...but their coaching is suspect...so who knows?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 03:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm thinking split against Browns and beat Dolphins.

The Browns have a couple good RB's...but their coaching is suspect...so who knows?

I'd laugh if the Browns ended up the same record or worse compared to last year.
However, they have the Bengals twice, the Cardinals, and the Ravens, so I think they win 2-3 more games and end up at 7-9 or 8-8.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Giants have the Dolphins at home. and @ Redskins on the schedule. They could easily win both of those games.
We're playing @Browns, Patriots, @ Dolphins, and Browns.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 3-9 isn't winning ! It's  only slightly better than 1-11. I guess that's winning to "you guys'.

So....you say...I dunno.. Buy 99 lottery tickets and never win anything, but that 100th wins 150 million bucks so your average just blows! OR.. You are in a war, get shot at 1000 times without ever getting hit, but the 1001th bullet goes right through your head.. Heck of an average there, huh? Winning is winning right up until it isn't. Same with losing..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Another thing is if NYG gets 1st overall and Cincy 2nd overall, there's a chance NYG trades that 1st overall pick for a team that wants to jump in front of Cincy to take Burrow or Young before they can.

I've been reading some Giants message boards and this seems like they something they really want their team to do. 

At this point we might really need to be active about tanking. Start all 2nd stringers. 

Reply/Quote