Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft position
(12-02-2019, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They have won 3 of their last 5 games.

Ohh and this is only a 5 game season right lol my lord u sound like a bengal. “We may not be in the playoffs but hey we won 3 of our last 5”.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 05:28 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ohh and this is only a 5 game season right lol my lord u sound like a bengal.  “We may not be in the playoffs but hey we won 3 of our last 5”.

I really don't understand your point.  Isn't 3 of 5 still better than 1 of 5?  What exactly am I missing here?

Aren't we discussing which team has a better chance of winning our matchup?  If that is true then people who understand how the NFL works put more emphasis on how team is playing now than 3 months ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 03:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: So....you say...I dunno.. Buy 99 lottery tickets and never win anything, but that 100th wins 150 million bucks so your average just blows! OR.. You are in a war, get shot at 1000 times without ever getting hit, but the 1001th bullet goes right through your head.. Heck of an average there, huh? Winning is winning right up until it isn't. Same with losing..

You probably think you win when the bullet fires in Russian Roulette. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Bengals behind the Giants in the win column. With the teams tied preseason strength of schedule what is the determining factor for the first pick? Is SOS determined after the season or before? I know I will be lambasted for this but I hope they don't screw themselves out of the first pick. Browns playing like crap, Miami playing like crap, hell even the Patriots played like crap last night. Sometimes I think the football Gods enjoy slaughtering the hopes of Bengals fans.

With our SOS and 4 games left we can literally drop to pick 11. Pretty sure as of right now that’s the lowest we can go. After sucking all year
It would be frustrating to pick out of the top 10
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: sucks to only have 1 legit top qb option this year. if we don't get the 1st overall pick it's likely we mriss out on Burrow. NY will trade the pick for a windfall of picks to build the team (and we won't trade the farm to move up).

I honestly don’t think they intend to draft a QB in the first anyway. All the signs seem to point to drafting a QB with the benching of Dalton to see what we have in Finley but that may just be their way of seeing if Dalton is going to be the guy next year or if he’s tradable. If the Giants get the first pick they will likely go Young, Thomas or a team will offer a cant refuse trade for Burrows. So at the #2 spot we will have Thomas, Young or Burrows. I just wish we would get the first pick cause I think a team will be willing to give up pretty much to get the QB they want. But then again Brown passed on Ditka’s can’t refuse offer, sooo history tends to repeat itself from time to time.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 02:03 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I honestly don’t think they intend to draft a QB in the first anyway. All the signs seem to point to drafting a QB with the benching of Dalton to see what we have in Finley but that may just be their way of seeing if Dalton is going to be the guy next year or if he’s tradable. If the Giants get the first pick they will likely go Young, Thomas or a team will offer a cant refuse trade for Burrows. So at the #2 spot we will have Thomas, Young or Burrows. I just wish we would get the first pick cause I think a team will be willing to give up pretty much to get the QB they want. But then again Brown passed on Ditka’s can’t refuse offer, sooo history tends to repeat itself from time to time.

BLUF: If we want Burrow we have to end up with the #1 pick, there's no getting around it. 

If NY ends up with the #1 pick they'll either take Chase Young or trade back to a QB needy, and the only QB worth selling the farm for is Burrow.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:09 PM)motoarch Wrote: May not matter anyway.  The Giants aren't going QB.  We probably are.

Good point, but then the Giants might get the haul of draft picks from Miami to jump Cincy....Which would suck and I could totally see happening.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we tie the Giants we lose based on strength of schedule. Number 2 ain’t bad we still get Young or Burrow. And wait until next year for Trevor Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 01:20 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: If we tie the Giants we lose based on strength of schedule.   Number 2 ain’t bad we still get Young or Burrow.   And wait until next year for Trevor Lawrence.

People keep bringing up Trevor Lawrence like that's a possibility but he will be the #1OA pick and here we discussing how a 1-11 team might not get the #10A ...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 01:25 PM)Synric Wrote: People keep bringing up Trevor Lawrence like that's a possibility but he will be the #1OA pick and here we discussing how a 1-11 team might not get the #10A ...

The other part of that is that if you don't get Burrow, you're logically keeping Dalton next year at QB and passing up trading him for a Day 2 pick.  
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You go OT IF you pick 3rd. Hardly a terrible scenario.

I'd say picking 4th is worst case scenario as their are CB's and DT's mocked there.

What does everyone think of Jalen Hurts? Has he dropped off? I like that he’s a dual threat, like Lamar
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 01:20 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: If we tie the Giants we lose based on strength of schedule.  

Strength of schedule can not be determined until the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 12:35 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: What does everyone think of Jalen Hurts?  Has he dropped off?  I like that he’s a dual threat, like Lamar

Hurts is good...I doubt he's Lamar Jackson level though. Tua basically beat him out at Alabama. He has looked good at Oklahoma.

I like Jordan Love. It's a risk if he's there in the 2nd Round when we pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hurts is good...I doubt he's Lamar Jackson level though. Tua basically beat him out at Alabama. He has looked good at Oklahoma.

I like Jordan Love. It's a risk if he's there in the 2nd Round when we pick.
I believe that Hurts is probably going to be one of the best from this class, and so far it seems he will be available in round 2.
So to me, taking the Thomas and Hurts is better than taking Burrow which ever OT is left on our 2nd round pick, if it was Wirfs, then I'd say Burrow/Wirfs might be the better combo.
Then we'd probably move Williams to RT and Thomas to LT, or Wirfs to RT and Williams to LT, that would make a very formidable pairing for a while.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 06:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I believe that Hurts is probably going to be one of the best from this class, and so far it seems he will be available in round 2.
So to me, taking the Thomas and Hurts is better than taking Burrow which ever OT is left on our 2nd round pick, if it was Wirfs, then I'd say Burrow/Wirfs might be the better combo.
Then we'd probably move Williams to RT and Thomas to LT, or Wirfs to RT and Williams to LT, that would make a very formidable pairing for a while.

I’m not so sure he’d be available in round 2. There are more QB needy teams than you think. Chargers, Steelers, just to think of a couple
Reply/Quote
Giants have Eagles twice, Dolphins and Redskins. They could win another game.

Problem is the Bengals could win 2 more

I want Cincy to have #1 overall. Chances are someone will give up a fortune for Chase Young
Reply/Quote