Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft simulator competition
Nugdukwe and OSU fan get my vote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some pretty good drafts here, imo.

Crazyjdawg did a great job of filling needs without reaching too much in 1-3. 4-5 were a little meh for me, but 6-7 were also solid.

jabcnn47 gets my other vote. They stuck to their board and got a fair number of needs filled while getting good value every round.

Leonardfan40 gets an honorable mention. Loved his first 3 rounds, but no S at all allowed crazy and jab to edge him out. WVUhomer was also close, but I see CTB more as a 3rd rounder than a 2nd. I'm not a fan of Linderbaum, but I like BurrowtheGOAT's Day 3 the best of anyone's. I also don't like Green as a scheme fit with his athletic limitations, which hurt Nugdukwe. OSUfan had some tough luck with a number of his picks going to other guys a round later. Bilbo had a couple of big reaches that knocked him down a bit
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 12:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: Some pretty good drafts here, imo.

Crazyjdawg did a great job of filling needs without reaching too much in 1-3.  4-5 were a little meh for me, but 6-7 were also solid.  

jabcnn47 gets my other vote.  They stuck to their board and got a fair number of needs filled while getting good value every round.  

Leonardfan40 gets an honorable mention.  Loved his first 3 rounds, but no S at all allowed crazy and jab to edge him out. WVUhomer was also close, but I see CTB more as a 3rd rounder than a 2nd.   I'm not a fan of Linderbaum, but I like BurrowtheGOAT's Day 3 the best of anyone's.  I also don't like Green as a scheme fit with his athletic limitations, which hurt Nugdukwe.  OSUfan had some tough luck with a number of his picks going to other guys a round later.  Bilbo had a couple of big reaches that knocked him down a bit

Appreciate the love. If I thought we could get CTB in 3, I would have. Most mocks in PFF have him in that range. I ran many that had him picked at 61/62.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with BurrowTheGoat and WVUHomer.

For BTG, I love every draft that has Linderbaum in it. I could not get him to drop for me no matter how many simulations I ran haha, and the A+ PFF gave you is probably why, as he would be a steal at 31. Jelani Woods in the 4th is also an insane steal. The most athletic TE to ever come out with a massive 6'7" frame and speed to boot will be so good for Burrow and you didn't even need to spend a day 2 pick on him. His tape doesn't really reflect that athleticism, but maybe in time he can catch up to his workout numbers, since he was a QB coming out of high school and converted to TE in his freshman year. Emerson is a solid CB and I think Enagbare is a sleeper pick at DE with a lot of potential. Curtis Brooks is the only DT you took, which makes me nervous, but maybe he explodes in the NFL and we got a major steal. Getting that potential in the 6th round is great (and also what I wanted my mock draft to do haha).

For WVUHomer, I love the Dax Hill pick for safety, as I think he perfectly fills in for Bates or Bell in our 2 high looks and he can flex down into the slot as well. CTB is another player who I think is incredibly versatile and has really risen up boards this off season. I also took Ferguson in the 5th, so I can't complain about that pick and getting two quality Olinemen will create a really good competition for back up OL in training camp. Again, love Brooks but worry about 3T snaps otherwise.

With Leonardfan, I really like Kyler Gordon and Leal is similar to Winfrey in that same 3T/5T tweener role that can rush the passer, but David Bell concerns me due to his lack of speed. I think he can succeed in the NFL with those splits, but I'd be nervous about taking him in day 2.

NUGDUKWE's draft was solid with Green and Cross at the top, but I'm not a huge fan of Armour-Davis and taking Brooks in the 5th compared to others taking him in the 6th lowered the draft for me overall.

Bilbo's draft had a few too many picks that I felt would be better a round later. Cam Jurgens in the 2nd, Danny Gray in the 3rd in particular. I do like Butler in the 4th. In other mocks where I didn't take Winfrey, I often nabbed Butler in the 4th so I definitely like that value. Overall, just a few too many reaches for me, although I like the Hill pick in R1.

OSUFan hit the ever popular Hill as well, which is great. Strange in the 2nd was a bit of a reach, especially since he was available in the 3rd in WVUHomer's mock draft, where I think he fits better, since he will likely require some development. Similar feeling with Brooks in the 4th, as others got him in the 5th and 6th. I do really like Mathis in the 3rd though. I think he is sneaking up boards and may go in day 2. Cole Turner in the 7th was highway robbery, imo.

Finally, Jab's mock is probably the best graded mock draft I've ever seen from PFF where people weren't trading up and down the board. Getting an A of some kind in each round is pretty incredible. However, some of the prospects I just don't really like. Raimann is turning 25 in September, but also has less experience at OL (he was a TE until his junior year) than a lot of 23 year old prospects in this class since he is an exchange student. Gives me Margus Hunt vibes with that combination of age and lack of experience and I think it shows on tape. Marcus Jones is really short (I believe 5'8") and is likely confined to the slot position, where we already have Hilton for at least 2 more years and you didn't draft any 3Ts to push the pocket. I wouldn't hate this draft because there's valuable, good players at each slot but I feel like it missed at least 2 of our biggest needs (outside CB and 3T). Still an impressive feat in terms of grades though.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 01:58 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Appreciate the love. If I thought we could get CTB in 3, I would have. Most mocks in PFF have him in that range. I ran many that had him picked at 61/62.

CTB is unfortunately one of those guys I don't like in 2, but probably doesn't make it to us in 3, either.  He's not a bad pick at 63, but it was extremely close for me determining the top 2.  
Reply/Quote
Dang, missed my chance.
Reply/Quote
Raimann garnering an "A" grade as a first round selection cracks me up. He is a short armed OT from a small school who will see a major rise in competition. It is things such as this that baffle me about PFF. Not to mention the selection of a first round OT for the Bengals makes very little sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 03:38 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Raimann garnering an "A" grade as a first round selection cracks me up. He is a short armed OT from a small school who will see a major rise in competition. It is things such as this that baffle me about PFF. Not to mention the selection of a first round OT for the Bengals makes very little sense.

Raimann is a high upside prospect with a 9.81 RAS. Personally, I wouldn't take the kid(or any other small school OL) if we were looking for him to start immediately, but he would be in a good situation to develop for a couple of years before starting.  
Reply/Quote
Let’s get some more votes in here for your favorite 2 drafts posted above!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 04:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Raimann is a high upside prospect with a 9.81 RAS. Personally, I wouldn't take the kid(or any other small school OL) if we were looking for him to start immediately, but he would be in a good situation to develop for a couple of years before starting.  

RAS is a good indicator when you look at linemen as can be seen with guys like Bakhtiari, Trent Williams, Armstead, and Wirfs for example. However, each of those players have at least 34" arms. I believe another worrisome aspect is some of the tape on Raimann at the Senior Bowl when there was a noticeable rise in competition level. He struggled mightily at times while guys like Cole Strange came in and many stated he was dominant and one of the best performers over the entire week. There have been concerns about the lateral footwork of Raimann and going against NFL speed. 

Having the chance to develop is great but I want a first round player that I can plug in and be confident about. There are some good developmental tackles throughout this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 04:58 PM)OSUfan Wrote: RAS is a good indicator when you look at linemen as can be seen with guys like Bakhtiari, Trent Williams, Armstead, and Wirfs for example. However, each of those players have at least 34" arms. I believe another worrisome aspect is some of the tape on Raimann at the Senior Bowl when there was a noticeable rise in competition level. He struggled mightily at times while guys like Cole Strange came in and many stated he was dominant and one of the best performers over the entire week. There have been concerns about the lateral footwork of Raimann and going against NFL speed. 

Having the chance to develop is great but I want a first round player that I can plug in and be confident about. There are some good developmental tackles throughout this draft.

Short arms are a fair knock.  I personally take the Senior Bowl with a massive grain of salt.  Teams are very limited in what they can do offensively and defensively.  You have guys like Strange who played on a team that didn't get invited to a bowl game coming in with 6 extra weeks of time to prep and recover from the regular season.  I've also seen way too many times in the past one source say prospect Y looked good and another say he looked bad.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Short arms are a fair knock.  I personally take the Senior Bowl with a massive grain of salt.  Teams are very limited in what they can do offensively and defensively.  You have guys like Strange who played on a team that didn't get invited to a bowl game coming in with 6 extra weeks of time to prep and recover from the regular season.  I've also seen way too many times in the past one source say prospect Y looked good and another say he looked bad.  

Short arms are not a liability across the line but I do believe that OT it is certainly more of a concern than say at center where you are battling in close quarters.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 08:20 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Short arms are not a liability across the line but I do believe that OT it is certainly more of a concern than say at center where you are battling in close quarters.

Short arms are less of a knock for G's, but I do feel arm length is important for a C.  C's have to basically battle with one arm for a split second every play, so anything that helps keep the defender from getting their hands into their chest is a p!us.  If you have short arms as a C, you have to line up closer to the LoS, which helps the NT take advantage.  As others have pointed out, the C lining up closer to the LoS means the G's and T's also have to line up closer to the LoS, which handicaps them in pass pro.  P!us, C's with short arms tend to have snap issues.  
Reply/Quote
WVUfan and Bilbo Saggins get my vote. I am firmly of the belief that we need to add a high quality interior OL prospect on day 1 or 2. I really like Kenyon Green and Cam Jurgens so that gave these 2 drafts a big boost for me.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 04:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let’s get some more votes in here for your favorite 2 drafts posted above!

Bumping
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 03:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Dang, missed my chance.

You can still vote if you'd like :)
Reply/Quote
Round 1- Raimann, OT
Round 2- Bryan Cook, S
Round 3- Zyon McCollum, CB
Round 4- Kellen Diesch, OT
Round 5- Curtis Brooks, DT
Round 6- Josh Williams, CB
Round 7- Matt Araiza, P and Austin Allen, TE.

The overall grade is just ok, a B-, but the first round had none of the top CBs, Gs, or even 3T available.  I thought about drafting Travis Jones at #31 (he was there), but he is just another NT and we had a bigger need as a pass rushing 3T.

I took Raimann (and later Diesch) because of the value they offered for a premium position.  I see Raimann as the backup to Collins and to be groomed to develop behind him.  Diesch is a LT all the way, and can be the backup to Williams, who only has one healthy season under his belt.  If he shows up early, Williams may not need to be re-signed.  I wanted guys to impact the team NOW, but these guys represented massive value at a premium position.

The PFF folks didn't like my selection of Cook in Rd 2 at all, despite their high grades for his coverage and tackling.  He has value in his versatility.  He can replace Bates or Bell, whichever isn't able to be signed to an extension.  High motor, tough as nails, loves the game.  Perfect fit.  

People might not like McCollum because of his small school, but his athleticism are #1 overall at the CB position.  His production is insane.  Something like 56 PBUs, and that is with QBs avoiding him.  He was offered scholarship at Utah, but went to Sam Houston so he could play with his twin brother.  The history of performance in the NFL from the most athletic CB is actually pretty strong. 

People will call me a UC homer for going with two Bearcats, but Brooks has elite pass rushing skills from the interior.  Even did it against Bama.  Steal in this round.  

Josh Williams is another athletic freak at CB from a small school that I believe can be developed and Lou likes chess pieces that are versatile.  

Araiza is a weapon as a punter...can't say that very often.

Austin Allen is an elite red zone threat that isn't very fast in the 40, but has good agility and great catch radius.  Had one drop last year.  

So, that is my draft.  I only did one.  I couldn't cut and paste the picture...
Reply/Quote
I'm voting Crazyjdawg because it seems realistic. I think some people in this thread have had a bit too much fun with adjusting the draft sliders.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Round 1- Raimann, OT
Round 2- Bryan Cook, S
Round 3- Zyon McCollum, CB
Round 4- Kellen Diesch, OT
Round 5- Curtis Brooks, DT
Round 6- Josh Williams, CB
Round 7- Matt Araiza, P and Austin Allen, TE.

The overall grade is just ok, a B-, but the first round had none of the top CBs, Gs, or even 3T available.  I thought about drafting Travis Jones at #31 (he was there), but he is just another NT and we had a bigger need as a pass rushing 3T.

I took Raimann (and later Diesch) because of the value they offered for a premium position.  I see Raimann as the backup to Collins and to be groomed to develop behind him.  Diesch is a LT all the way, and can be the backup to Williams, who only has one healthy season under his belt.  If he shows up early, Williams may not need to be re-signed.  I wanted guys to impact the team NOW, but these guys represented massive value at a premium position.

The PFF folks didn't like my selection of Cook in Rd 2 at all, despite their high grades for his coverage and tackling.  He has value in his versatility.  He can replace Bates or Bell, whichever isn't able to be signed to an extension.  High motor, tough as nails, loves the game.  Perfect fit.  

People might not like McCollum because of his small school, but his athleticism are #1 overall at the CB position.  His production is insane.  Something like 56 PBUs, and that is with QBs avoiding him.  He was offered scholarship at Utah, but went to Sam Houston so he could play with his twin brother.  The history of performance in the NFL from the most athletic CB is actually pretty strong. 

People will call me a UC homer for going with two Bearcats, but Brooks has elite pass rushing skills from the interior.  Even did it against Bama.  Steal in this round.  

Josh Williams is another athletic freak at CB from a small school that I believe can be developed and Lou likes chess pieces that are versatile.  

Araiza is a weapon as a punter...can't say that very often.

Austin Allen is an elite red zone threat that isn't very fast in the 40, but has good agility and great catch radius.  Had one drop last year.  

So, that is my draft.  I only did one.  I couldn't cut and paste the picture...

Which 2 drafts in this thread are your favorites?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 09:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm voting Crazyjdawg because it seems realistic. I think some people in this thread have had a bit too much fun with adjusting the draft sliders.

FWIW, I did no adjustments just a cap ton of retracts to get the one I wanted
Reply/Quote