Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Drafting a defensive end we didn't need
(09-20-2023, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If he was going to be NFL-ready coming out of the gate, he would have gone early 1st round.
He fell for a reason.

Maybe because he wears glasses too small for his face.. I'm just guessing..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Giving up waaaay to fast on a player, freaking game 2???
Once Assai is back, we will be better there and can let Myles get back to developing
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 02:24 PM)ah5 Wrote: Still don't understand why we didn't resign him.

Yup...was a great FA for us., and provided that inside rush we totally lack. I Hate to see him doing it with Steelers now
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 06:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Definitely way to early to question the picks. But the punt returner rook seems quite promising.

The only one that is questionable is the only one that REALLY didn't make sense from the start: Robbins.

He's been worse than Huber AND Chrisman.

No weather issues on Sunday either.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 04:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The only one that is questionable is the only one that REALLY didn't make sense from the start: Robbins.

Yea that one i can agree with..... Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 01:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: Maybe because he wears glasses too small for his face.. I'm just guessing..
I think you might be onto something...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 04:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The only one that is questionable is the only one that REALLY didn't make sense from the start: Robbins.

The sad thing is that I was on the Robbins hype train too. I thought he was going to be a lot better than what he's been.
Reply/Quote
If you're gonna pay superstars on offense, you're going to need good players on rookie deals on defense. Pretty simple concept to follow..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I think Duke should have targeted a proven DE in FA
Instead of drafting a raw not ready to produce project 
Zadarius Smith would have fit this defense perfectly 

Gotta have funds available for that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 10:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The sad thing is that I was on the Robbins hype train too. I thought he was going to be a lot better than what he's been.

Why can't we look at Matt Araiza?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 02:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why can't we look at Matt Araiza?

MuH HaiNg TiME brUh
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 02:24 PM)ah5 Wrote: Still don't understand why we didn't resign him.

It's not that we didn't want to re-sign him, he got a 40 million dollar contract from the Bears. Then he flunked his physical because his foot hadn't healed. 
Reply/Quote
If Murphy has anything to offer, it will be in 2025. He doesn't have hands and moves yet to utilize his athleticism. Some scouts warned that he doesn't have it. IDK.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 03:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not that we didn't want to re-sign him, he got a 40 million dollar contract from the Bears. Then he flunked his physical because his foot hadn't healed. 

I'm not sure why people don't remember this?  Also, he actually wasn't better than Hill that season.  He had more flash plays but also way too many missed tackles and assignments.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 03:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Murphy has anything to offer, it will be in 2025. He doesn't have hands and moves yet to utilize his athleticism. Some scouts warned that he doesn't have it. IDK.

It was very clear at draft Myles was 2-3 years away from being a real contributor

I guess ppl thought that was a joke

I cannot believe the shit Myles is getting
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:00 PM)Housh Wrote: It was very clear at draft Myles was 2-3 years away from being a real contributor

I guess ppl thought that was a joke

I cannot believe the shit Myles is getting

I think the problem people have is that we NEED more of a pass rush NOW. So, I can understand there impatience
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a bad draft pick then. It felt like a reach at the time.

I would rather they had taken a TE.But,Murphy was not a reach,where the Bengals picked.All the draft sites,and the draft book,I had,he was rated ,the 12-14th best player ,overall.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 02:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why can't we look at Matt Araiza?

Araiza is still in court fighting the rape stuff.  Nobody is going to touch him until that is cleared.

Michael Turk is available.  I thought we should have taken him instead of Robbins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc-9SPCqc84
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 03:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Murphy has anything to offer, it will be in 2025.  He doesn't have hands and moves yet to utilize his athleticism.  Some scouts warned that he doesn't have it.  IDK.

Why not next year instead of 2 years down the road?

I think getting some snaps as a rookie this season and having an entire Offseason next year could get him up to par.

(09-21-2023, 03:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'm not sure why people don't remember this?  Also, he actually wasn't better than Hill that season.  He had more flash play,s but also way too many missed tackles and assignments.

Good question and very true about how both DT's played that year. Ogunjobi also gets hurt a lot and BJ Hill stays healthy.

Love what I see from Larry O in bursts, but he is a flashy player, not a consistent one. Wish BJ would flash more though and get
to the QB more often and get some sacks, could happen soon. Expecting to see more from the 3-tech position as Carter grows as
a player and Ossai comes back to really gives us a good rotation on the DL.
Reply/Quote
So this thread is about the Bengals should've took Will Levis over Myles Murphy. DUMMIES!!!
Reply/Quote