Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting with a lens on upcoming free agents
Just read this on Cincyjungle and was pretty surprised.

Quote:There are only eight Bengals defensive players under contract after the 2024 season. Of those eight players, there are only five who are starters. Those starters are Sam Hubbard, Germaine Pratt, Daxton Hill, Nick Scott, and Cam Taylor-Britt.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 06:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

What the Eagles have done is Scary. Overkill to get players that can get to the quarterbacks.

LDE Brandon Graham 

DT Jalen Carter 

NT Jordan Davis 

DT Fletcher Cox 

RDE Josh Sweat    rotating with 
Derek Barnett

LBs - Haason Reddick & Nolan Smith 

Never heard of any of them...   

I'd rather match the Eagles Oline production than their dline, which is obviously incredible.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Never heard of any of them...   

I'd rather match the Eagles Oline production than their dline, which is obviously incredible.

The Eagles are stacked on the O-line and D-Line.  They led the NFL with 70 sacks last year.

Fletcher Cox has been an All Pro, 3 time 2nd Team All Pro and 6 time Pro Bowler.

Jordan Davis is massive at 6 foot 6  335 pounds and went 13th overall in 2022.

Jalen Carter just went 9th overall and Nolan Smith just went 30th overall in 2023 to the Eagles to add to a 70 sack Defense.

Hassan Reddick has been 2nd Team All Pro/Pro Bowler and a 14th overall pick.

*I would love for Burrow to have an Eagles caliber O-Line as well. 

**It is interesting to see, however, how the Eagles have added three 1st round players to their Defensive Front in 2022 & 2023 when many would not see that area as being a major need. People tend to think about drafting for needs where the Eagles are instead pursuing Greatness in an area that they were already fairly strong.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 11:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After this season, free agents are:

Hendrickson
Reader
Boyd
Logan Wilson
Higgins
Awuzie
Jonah Williams

Maybe Joe Mixon

That is a chunk of the core of the team. And we can't keep them all.

I expect them to throw some picks at replacements.

Hendrickson ( Murphy)
Reader. ?
Boyd (Jones)
Logan Wilson. Re-Signed
Higgins Re-Signed
Awuzie (D J Turner)
Jonah Williams. ( Carman)

Maybe Joe Mixon He’s gone

What ya think ?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
NFL rosters are almost always churning over. Bengals roster is too. They've finally gotten over the notion of keeping players way past their expiration dates.. I expect next year they'll keep restocking the cupboards especially on the D side of things. The days of keeping guys till their wheels fall off has finally ended.  
Anyway, the annual Dear Santa period known as the mock draft is over..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 04:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

The Eagles are stacked on the O-line and D-Line.  They led the NFL with 70 sacks last year.

Fletcher Cox has been an All Pro, 3 time 2nd Team All Pro and 6 time Pro Bowler.

Jordan Davis is massive at 6 foot 6  335 pounds and went 13th overall in 2022.

Jalen Carter just went 9th overall and Nolan Smith just went 30th overall in 2023 to the Eagles to add to a 70 sack Defense.

Hassan Reddick has been 2nd Team All Pro/Pro Bowler and a 14th overall pick.

*I would love for Burrow to have an Eagles caliber O-Line as well. 

**It is interesting to see, however, how the Eagles have added three 1st round players to their Defensive Front in 2022 & 2023 when many would not see that area as being a major need. People tend to think about drafting for needs where the Eagles are instead pursuing Greatness in an area that they were already fairly strong.

You truly did not believe the sarcasm in that I did not know the Eagles dline.....?

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 08:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You truly did not believe the sarcasm in that I did not know the Eagles dline.....?

I sensed the sarcasm but went into the Eagles Defensive Front details for 2 reasons.

1. For other Posters or Board Guests that may not remember each detail. (For example "a 70 sack Defense")

2. Because like many Posters at times I like to hear myself type and then I like to read what I type. 

Even when what I typed probably only sounds good to me.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 10:17 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao uhh... the defense took a big step back. I have no idea what team you were watching

Sure, the offense picked up the slack, and the results were wins, but that defense took a noticeable step back when Reader wasn’t there

I really wonder what some fans are looking at when the game is on...

I disagree with you often, Frank, but this is most definitely not one of them. The run D took a huge step back when Reader was out. He is the anchor our D is built around. I lean heavily towards an extension. 

How things go this year will obviously play a part. And just like with losing Bell, Bates, & Hurst allowed for an unexpected Brown signing, so to next year. If Higgins plays hardball & Boyd dies not, & Iosivas explodes, who knows? 

2024 FA, (Potential replacements): 

1. Jonah Williams, $12.6 mil, RT (Carman, Collins) 
2. Joe Mixon, $13.1 mil team option ($2.75 dead cap) (Chase Brown) 
------------------------
3. Tyler Boyd, $10.3 mil (Charlie Davis) 
4. Chido Awuzie, $7.9 mil (DJ Turner) 
--------------
5. DJ Reader, $15.5 mil (no one, Tupou, also a FA)
6. Tee Higgins, $4 mil (likely $20 if extended) (Andrei Iosivas) 
7. Logan Wilson, $3 mil ($7-10 mil if extended) (ADG) 

We could also save $15 mil but cutting Hendrickson or $7 mil by cutting Collins. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 12:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I disagree with you often, Frank, but this is most definitely not one of them. The run D took a huge step back when Reader was out. He is the anchor our D is built around. I lean heavily towards an extension. 

How things go this year will obviously play a part. And just like with losing Bell, Bates, & Hurst allowed for an unexpected Brown signing, so to next year. If Higgins plays hardball & Boyd dies not, & Iosivas explodes, who knows? 

2024 FA, (Potential replacements): 

1. Jonah Williams, $12.6 mil, RT (Carman, Collins) 
2. Joe Mixon, $13.1 mil team option ($2.75 dead cap) (Chase Brown) 
------------------------
3. Tyler Boyd, $10.3 mil (Charlie Davis) 
4. Chido Awuzie, $7.9 mil (DJ Turner) 
--------------
5. DJ Reader, $15.5 mil (no one, Tupou, also a FA)
6. Tee Higgins, $4 mil (likely $20 if extended) (Andrei Iosivas) 
7. Logan Wilson, $3 mil ($7-10 mil if extended) (ADG) 

We could also save $15 mil but cutting Hendrickson or $7 mil by cutting Collins. 

That 42M in 1-4 can easily re-sign DJ and Logan.   Burrow will not be a mega cap hit next year and Tee likely wont either.  Regardless they can play with numbers much easier with these all being new contracts in regards to structure.

Reply/Quote