Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K furious (scared)
(04-29-2016, 01:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Tweeting out his feelings on the matter: 

"U got to be kidding me"

http://cin.247sports.com/Gallery/45073064/GallerySlides/261669-261669?View=Full#261669-261669

maybe he was still tweeting about the 3 WRs taken right before us.....anyway, that left us with little choice......We have been bragging about all our 1st round CBs, at one time we had 5 on the team.  Some are gone and others getting old. Teams hit you with 3 or 4 WR's, so you better be deep at CB.....Besides Dre, how about Dennard, I haven't seen all that much out of him......Jackson was the best player on the board considering the run on WR's......and who is to say one of these CBs doesn't get used at safety if needed. Injuries happen. .......I don't think Bengals care what Dre thinks about the pick. There was a run on WRs and the CB was the best pick at 24. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Chris lewis harris was on the field when we had our playoff meltdown.

Dennard shredded his shoulder. I hear he is ok. But tackling seems to involve a lot of shoulder. So I worry about his longevity.

Pickman is not young.

Captain kirk is a free agent next year. MLJ and Sanu were too rich for our blood. The WR contracts were way cheaper than the CB contracts this year.

Crazy taking a 4th CB in the first round I agree. But the way the league is. Passing league. And price wise. Having first round CBs is a good thing.

Not even counting CLH. If he makes the team and Dre gets traded (in this scenario), he's the #5 CB at best.

Dennard can't tackle worse than Dre, seeing as how Kirkpatrick was among league leaders in CB missed tackles.

Adam might be getting older, but I will bet on the guy for the next two years who has been an All-Pro returner and Pro Bowl CB, playing at ridiculously high levels (and also missed 2 years in the NFL of getting beat up on).

You're also forgetting Josh Shaw, who looked pretty impressive last year.

Jones/Jackson/Dennard/Shaw.. I would take that CB group gladly.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well our Run D has been stacked for some time our pass D has continued to be a liability so I don't see how one could be upset with the pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
pfft nawh he was scared cuz Marvin called him and in his trumpiest voice said "yer fired we are drafting a corner."... Ninja

(I didn't read the text at the bottom of the page with the tweet originally)

Good to know Dre K isn't all salty.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Tweeting out his feelings on the matter: 

"U got to be kidding me"

http://cin.247sports.com/Gallery/45073064/GallerySlides/261669-261669?View=Full#261669-261669

The tweet, I believe, was more in response to the WRs coming off the board than to the selection of WJIII.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cool. Adam Jones only allowed 1 TD in the entire regular season. (Andre Hopkins ridiculous acrobatic catch.) So who do you think allowed all the other 17 passing TDs? ThumbsUp

Add that on top of the 20th ranked passing defense, and yes, Dre Kirkpatrick DID suck quite a bit. Adam Jones/Reggie Nelson balling out brought the average down vastly.

20th in yards. Cool.
The Bengals had 646 passing attempts against them. Ranking them 2nd in the league. Carolina was 1st with 4 more attempts.

Quarterbacks had a QB rating of 78.9 against this defense, 5th in the league.
Had 21 interceptions, ranking 3rd in the NFL.
Gave up only 18 TD passes, ranked 2nd in the NFL.
They are one of two defenses that had more interceptions than given up touchdowns (Carolina was next).
4th best in yards per attempt.

Also, Kirkpatrick was the 2nd most targeted player in the NFL last year.

Was he great? Absolutely not.
Did he suck? Well, when you're targeted as much as he was and you hold your own in one of the best passing defenses in the NFL, I think he did alright. Super star? No. Terrible? No.

Oh, and Kirkpatrick had 16 passes defended. That's the most on the team. Tied for 12th in the NFL.
That's more than Adam Jones ever had in his career.
More than Reggie Nelson ever had.
More than Iloka ever had.

Oh, and Kirkpatrick definitely didn't allow the other 17 passing touchdowns.
Sadly, ProFootball Reference doesn't do completion percentages or touchdowns allowed anymore like they used to.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

"U got to be kidding me"

Just shows his stupidity and immaturity STILL. 

Does he not understand that Adam Jones is 32, Leon Hall is gone, and he seems to need to get ice after every tackle he makes?  It takes a group known as your secondary, and they need depth and coverage should Dre Kirkpatrick decide he is the next Marvin Jones and/or Mo Sanu and decide to bolt next season in FA.  

Grow up.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:24 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Ironic. I say that every Sunday Dre. Smirk

ZERO picks in 2015 after being one of the most targeted db's? pfft

Outstanding.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote

"U got to be kidding me"

He was talking about the run of WR's because he knew we were interested in taking one at 24. This has nothing to do with the WJ3 pick.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hate this place.

Context, people. Stopping taking an unrelated tweet and using it in your haterade crusade.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 08:56 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I hate this place.

Context, people. Stopping taking an unrelated tweet and using it in your haterade crusade.

People suck.. Its an unavoidable part of life.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

"U got to be kidding me"

DreK's tweet actually was sent out right when the Vikings selected Laquon Treadwell. I believe the intent of the tweet was to mean he was surprised by the fact all of Coleman, Fuller, Doctson, and Treadwell were off the board before the Bengals selected. Could be wrong though.

Either way, WJ3 pick was a safe pick for a clear BPA with no injury concerns. DreK enters his final year and Dennard enters his the following year and is coming off a season-ending injury. Not the ideal situation, but a good pick nonetheless.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:01 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: People suck.. Its an unavoidable part of life.

It's why I'm one step removed from 'burn it all down and evolution can try again later'.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Seriously unprofessional on his part. Grow up do your job as a back or starter and be happy you're or pro and not bagging groceries.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:34 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 20th in yards. Cool.
The Bengals had 646 passing attempts against them. Ranking them 2nd in the league. Carolina was 1st with 4 more attempts.

Quarterbacks had a QB rating of 78.9 against this defense, 5th in the league.
Had 21 interceptions, ranking 3rd in the NFL.
Gave up only 18 TD passes, ranked 2nd in the NFL.
They are one of two defenses that had more interceptions than given up touchdowns (Carolina was next).
4th best in yards per attempt.

Also, Kirkpatrick was the 2nd most targeted player in the NFL last year.

Was he great? Absolutely not.
Did he suck? Well, when you're targeted as much as he was and you hold your own in one of the best passing defenses in the NFL, I think he did alright. Super star? No. Terrible? No.

Oh, and Kirkpatrick had 16 passes defended. That's the most on the team. Tied for 12th in the NFL.
That's more than Adam Jones ever had in his career.
More than Reggie Nelson ever had.
More than Iloka ever had.

Oh, and Kirkpatrick definitely didn't allow the other 17 passing touchdowns.
Sadly, ProFootball Reference doesn't do completion percentages or touchdowns allowed anymore like they used to.

Nailed it. Bengals spent a bunch of the season jumping on teams early and playing soft "keep everything in front of you" styles of coverage in situations where teams had to pass to try and keep up. That's a recipe for a pass defence that gives up yards, which is why people really need to dig deeper befire throwing out surface level yardage stats.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't help when some1 comes on here and makes it seem like he is being a whiney *****. It's hard to see the fineprint on that tweet, not gonna lie. Hopefully people get the story straight before next season lol
Reply/Quote
He was talking about the receivers,get off his back
Reply/Quote
LOL OP doesn't know how to use Twitter.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just shows his stupidity and immaturity STILL. 

Grow up.  

Only people showing stupidity are people who post without reading what they are posting about.

STILL.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:05 AM)motoarch Wrote: Seriously unprofessional on his part. Grow up do your job as a back or starter and be happy you're or pro and not bagging groceries.

If you would pay attention, his comments weren't aimed at WJ3, they were aimed at the WR run right before our pick and he tweeted it before we selected WJ3. After we picked him, Dre actually welcomed WJ3 to the team.
Reply/Quote