Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K furious (scared)
(04-29-2016, 02:34 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Quarterbacks had a QB rating of 78.9 against this defense, 5th in the league.
Had 21 interceptions, ranking 3rd in the NFL.
Gave up only 18 TD passes, ranked 2nd in the NFL.
They are one of two defenses that had more interceptions than given up touchdowns (Carolina was next).
4th best in yards per attempt.

Also, Kirkpatrick was the 2nd most targeted player in the NFL last year.

Was he great? Absolutely not.
Did he suck? Well, when you're targeted as much as he was and you hold your own in one of the best passing defenses in the NFL, I think he did alright. Super star? No. Terrible? No.

Oh, and Kirkpatrick had 16 passes defended. That's the most on the team. Tied for 12th in the NFL.
That's more than Adam Jones ever had in his career.
More than Reggie Nelson ever had.
More than Iloka ever had.

Oh, and Kirkpatrick definitely didn't allow the other 17 passing touchdowns.
Sadly, ProFootball Reference doesn't do completion percentages or touchdowns allowed anymore like they used to.

Rep.

Dre played 95% of the snaps on a top 5 pass defense.

If Dre was anywhere near as bad as people around here claim the opposing QBs would have picked on him and racked up more yards, tds, and completions.
Reply/Quote
Dre was not mad or scared we drafted a CB dre was mad that those 3 WRs went off the board before our pick
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just shows his stupidity and immaturity STILL. 

Does he not understand that Adam Jones is 32, Leon Hall is gone, and he seems to need to get ice after every tackle he makes?  It takes a group known as your secondary, and they need depth and coverage should Dre Kirkpatrick decide he is the next Marvin Jones and/or Mo Sanu and decide to bolt next season in FA.  

Grow up.  

Dude, did you not read this thread????
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cool. Adam Jones only allowed 1 TD in the entire regular season. (Andre Hopkins ridiculous acrobatic catch.) So who do you think allowed all the other 17 passing TDs? ThumbsUp

Add that on top of the 20th ranked passing defense, and yes, Dre Kirkpatrick DID suck quite a bit. Adam Jones/Reggie Nelson balling out brought the average down vastly.

you trying to say Dre allowed 17 TDs? hahaha not even close.
Reply/Quote
It's kind of funny that some are using this comment to be anti-Kirkpatrick when it, in fact, reflects well on him. Tweeting about the run of WEs prior to the pick shows he's paying attention to the situation unfolding and what his team needs. Isn't that something you want in a player?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:59 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: It's kind of funny that some are using this comment to be anti-Kirkpatrick when it, in fact, reflects well on him. Tweeting about the run of WEs prior to the pick shows he's paying attention to the situation unfolding and what his team needs. Isn't that something you want in a player?

exactly but the kirkpatrick haters will use anything they can to fuel their fire.

and like the news now people love to jump to conculsions on less than half the facts.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 09:56 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's why I'm one step removed from 'burn it all down and evolution can try again later'.

Somebody might want to keep an eye on this guy  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hell man, I ain't much on DreK, but come on dude....don't knee jerk! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:19 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Light a fire under his butt. Dude has been crap. Let him play out his contract and move on

Most definately. He had a rough season last year and needs to step up. I thought before the WJ3 pick that Shaw
and Dennard would be nipping at his heels to take his job. Now he gets another talent to battle with in camp.

Love it.
Reply/Quote
As to the how bad/good Dre Kirkpatrick is discussion; I'll provide this:

These are the PFF ranking for our 5 regular DBs last year (Jones, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Nelson, Iloka):

Anybody want to take a stab at which rating is Kirkpatrick's?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The posters coming on here calling for Dre's head when they have no clue are effing ridiculous.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the how bad/good Dre Kirkpatrick is discussion; I'll provide this:

These are the PFF ranking for our 5 regular DBs last year (Jones, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Nelson, Iloka):

Anybody want to take a stab at which rating is Kirkpatrick's?

the 38.4

But it was his first full year starting full time.

Surprised hall was rated that high.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the 38.4

But it was his first full year starting full time.

Surprised hall was rated that high.

According to PFF of all DBs that took at least 275 snaps last year Dre was ranked 116 of 118.

WTS, do I think he was responding to WJ3 pick in his tweet? Nope

Would I like to see WJ3 take his job? Yes

Do I think he has proven to be a good CB his 4 years in the league? Nope

Do I think folks over-react both ways on Dre? Yep

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to PFF of all DBs that took at least 275 snaps last year Dre was ranked 116 of 118.

WTS, do I think he was responding to WJ3 pick in his tweet? Yes

Jackson comes in and takes Dres job then im all for it... team improvement is good.

i think dre can be a good player for us. maybe not to the level of where he was taken in the draft but we will see. Im glad he was here last year though.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to PFF of all DBs that took at least 275 snaps last year Dre was ranked 116 of 118.

WTS, do I think he was responding to WJ3 pick in his tweet? Yes

Yep.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS, do I think he was responding to WJ3 pick in his tweet? Yes

Dre must be one hell of a psychic...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dre must be one hell of a psychic...

Oops that was supposed to be a nope. But he's probably a better psychic than CB

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oops that was supposed to be a nope. But he's probably a better psychic than CB

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Tweeting out his feelings on the matter: 

"U got to be kidding me"

http://cin.247sports.com/Gallery/45073064/GallerySlides/261669-261669?View=Full#261669-261669
Get the facts first, all the facts in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is posts like this that make me very mad. Dre was responding to 3 WR's taken in a row. and not any complaint about Jackson.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:37 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I will feel a lot better about this pick if they find someone to trade Kirkpatrick to so Jackson starts. Maybe offer to pay a couple million of his salary. Could be a good way to get up higher in the 2nd round.

Can't use a 1st round pick on a #4 or #5 CB, and then pay Dre Kirkpatrick $7.5m to suck. That's a double bad taste in the mouth.

I honestly would be totally fine if they just went and cut him today. Kirkpatrick is showing his true colors. He is far and away a "me first" player. His on field production isn't even that good to warrant such a huge (and sensitive) ego. Double dip and grab Deiondre Hall in the 3rd or 4th and tell Kirk to eat shit.

Edit: if he really was referring to the run on receivers than I apologize.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote