Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K re-signs with Bengals
(03-10-2017, 03:10 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Yeah, my opinion of Alexander the Great is he should've been let go many years ago, but that's never going to happen.

I liked the Westerman pick too. I think we got good value there and I'm hoping he can be a good replacement at RG.

I can't wait to see what Billings adds this year. He and Atkins could be incredible up the middle. If there are any legs to the McCarron/Richardson trade, that would be nice too.

I'd really like to see us get Foster in the first. I'm so tired of seeing us get beat by TEs because we have slow LBs. We really need more speed there.

Getting a burner at WR would be nice, but I'd really like to see what we have in Core. I'm worried that if we draft a vertical guy this year, he's just going to get buried and wasted. I think there is a lot of potential there.

Very true about PA, as i have been calling for him to be gone a long time as well. Just last year was so terrible
by him i thought we might of had a chance at a new OL coach. Pathetic not improving this coaching position.

Billings single handedly makes me feel better, loved the guy at Baylor. Perfect DT to complement Geno, he is
just too strong to put one man on and you cannot double everyone. Getting a DE to go along with Dunlap,
Geno and Billings could be crazy good.

Foster would be a good pick too i think but it might be a reach with his latest fiasco and the fact he can get
lost in coverage. Cunninham and Reddick are a couple others i really like.

Ross on Slants would single handedly help Dalton with how fast he gets up to speed. Having the fastest WR
ever would be pretty neat in my eyes. Just drop off the ball to him, use him as a screen guy, then double
fake and kill teams deep or over the middle with him, Green or Eifert. I like Core already but it takes him a
bit to get up to that speed, it takes John Ross no time.

If that interior OL is upgraded we might be just fine.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: remind me again where last year's oline took us???

Dalton was sacked 41 times last year. Whit and Zeitler combined were responsible for ONE of those sacks.  Our new starting left tackle and our wonderful center gave up most of them, most likely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: Here's the thing.  They overpaid.  They are going to "bank on Cedric", so why not bank on the youth at CB and save the money they blew on Kirkpatrick?  To save face?  What a shit show this FO is.  We got lucky on a couple of drafts, and extended some good players for a minute there.....now they're back to Bungaling.  With this DreK deal, they've handcuffed themselves in the future if these young guys pan out.  Shoulda just let Dre walk too, next year is already a lost cause.  These idiots can't even do saving money right.  They got lucky for a five year stretch, it's Son of Paul, we all should have known that was an aberration, the playoff debacles should have clued us all in that we didn't belong.  This Clown Show won't fool me again.

I feel your frustration, but with the escalating salary cap and what is sure to be some non-QB talent getting over $20 million per year soon I don't think $10 million per year average is overpaying for Dre.  

I'm pretty disappointed about losing Whit, but I am not giving up everything based on the LT position.  Let's get ready for the draft and find a way to fill or at the very least compete at the LT position.  I am not the least bit concerned about losing Zeitler.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have always been a positive poster but i have to tell it like it is Truck. Losing Whitworth was the one move we
could not of made, it was a no brainer to at the very least give him the Franchise tag and try to replace Z to keep
our O-line somewhat solid. We could then fill the rest of the holes pretty easily in the Draft and go BPA early.

It is a loser mentality that MB has and he thinks it is a winner.

I would give them this upcoming season before I would call it a loser mentality.  Last year was painful, but I still think they will be back and contend in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I feel your frustration, but with the escalating salary cap and what is sure to be some non-QB talent getting over $20 million per year soon I don't think $10 million per year average is overpaying for Dre.  

I'm pretty disappointed about losing Whit, but I am not giving up everything based on the LT position.  Let's get ready for the draft and find a way to fill or at the very least compete at the LT position.  I am not the least bit concerned about losing Zeitler.  

I appreciate your ability to persevere ol buddy....I kinda admire it....but not me.  I can't do it anymore....I can't feign the optimism anymore.  I'm tired of being lied to....I'm tired of the ineptitude....and I'm tired of being played like a fool with the shit they make Hobsin spew. I'd feel better if they would just say like it or lump it and stfu.  I get tired of these ridiculous articles about their lack of money.  I've already done the shame on them bit.....I'm not doing the shame on me deal.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I feel your frustration, but with the escalating salary cap and what is sure to be some non-QB talent getting over $20 million per year soon I don't think $10 million per year average is overpaying for Dre.  

Last line just doesn Make sense football wise

I'm sorry but how are you now for concerned
Reply/Quote
Just watched the press conference and Hobspin interview.

I'll be buying a DreK jersey.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:58 AM)Shady Wrote: Just watched the press conference and Hobspin interview.

I'll be buying a DreK jersey.

He said all the right things....but the last line was interesting in how he stated...."right now".  Anyhow....what I liked the most was his constant mention of his family and his son.  He seems like a good dude and has his priorities in life straight.  Hat's off to Swag.....now shitcan his toxic twin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:29 AM)Housh Wrote: Last line just doesn Make sense football wise

I'm sorry but how are you now for concerned

Because they have TJ Johnson and Westerman and likely a draft pick that could also push for that position.  I think the Browns massively overpaid for Zeitler, but that is what you have to do in their position.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 04:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Dalton was sacked 41 times last year. Whit and Zeitler combined were responsible for ONE of those sacks.  Our new starting left tackle and our wonderful center gave up most of them, most likely.

I keep seeing that posted here, the stats I read were Zeitler gave up one and Whit gave up 4. Regardless, it's not like we're going from a great line to a horrible one. We're going from a horrible line to a horrible line. Maybe shaking things up is the way to go....
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I keep seeing that posted here, the stats I read were Zeitler gave up one and Whit gave up 4. Regardless, it's not like we're going from a great line to a horrible one. We're going from a horrible line to a horrible line. Maybe shaking things up is the way to go....

I'm quoting Ken Broo from Twitter.  Those other stats are from Bengals.com.  Even if it's 5, we still let our best linemen by far leave and our line is left with questionable players (except Boling).
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 11:48 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm quoting Ken Broo from Twitter.  Those other stats are from Bengals.com.  Even if it's 5, we still let our best linemen by far leave and our line is left with questionable players (except Boling).

No doubt, but when you get right down to it, the contracts those two players got were insane. Had we come anywhere near that money, who else would we not have been able to resign next year....
Reply/Quote