Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K re-signs with Bengals
(03-09-2017, 10:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Never said you have to be positive and rosy: this isn't black and white.

You guys are going out of your way, taking your time to ***** and moan about something you're supposed to have fun with.

Think I'm happy? No. Do you see me bitching in each and every thread like half the people here? No. I avoid it. I channel my energy into more important AMD constructive things, like writing reviews, going to the gym and cooking.

That's all. I do thank AND commend you guys for your perfectly apt and mature responses :).

Good for you brother. I was wondering where you went to. Thought about you a few days ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'll let you know once we see who the OL will be. But I do know we didn't go to the SB with the old one.

Yup..the oline over the past few years hasn't won us much other than a few probowlers, but yippie..
It's amazing how many parades are held in downtown every time an offensive lineman goes to the probowl.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well if we all avoided the boards when the news is negative...The boards would disappear eventually due to lack of activity. Some of us just prefer to vent about what upsets us about the team. It's kinda like Ken Broo's "Bengals group therapy".  Smirk 

Over the last 15 months, we've seen the most heartbreaking playoff game in team history, a 6-9-1 season, and now our 2 best linemen sign elsewhere when that was already a trouble spot. What positives can we take out of this? I suppose we could start a thread about how the Bengals can fix the issues, but right now people are naturally going to be upset. 

Imagine a Cavs message board when they lost LeBron. Or the Redskins board with their WRs signing elsewhere while Cousins demands a trade. I'm betting they look(ed) the same as ours. Heck...think back to 2011 on the old boards. Things were just as bad. I saw it myself.

If you want the boards to be more positive, make some positive threads. Lead by example.
Shake, you're always the voice of reason. I'm just not in the mood to do any positive because people here will jump on me and defeat the purpose (you know how it is). Maybe in a couple of days or something, but I've just seen too much hate be thrown around...

Maybe I need to move back to Toronto, then I can actually catch a game live and be on the same time schedule as you guys, that might change my mood! Lol

And thanks for the great response too, 'holic. You guys are right, of course people will be angry. But in a thread talking about Dre getting signed, be happy that we got a damn good corner back, someone who WANTS to be here and busts his ass day in, day out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Good for you brother. I was wondering where you went to. Thought about you a few days ago.

Thanks, man. Things were rough for me at the end of October, coupled with the tie, it was just too demoralising, I had to step away from the boards for a bit.

Since the end of the season though, everyone's been unhappy, so I haven't posted much either, because it makes me sad that something I used to share with a lot of great people, is causing people to spew hate and nastiness: in turn, I have turned that negative attitude into constructive things, as I wrote above. Its helped, big time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks, man. Things were rough for me at the end of October, coupled with the tie, it was just too demoralising, I had to step away from the boards for a bit.

Since the end of the season though, everyone's been unhappy, so I haven't posted much either, because it makes me sad that something I used to share with a lot of great people, is causing people to spew hate and nastiness: in turn, I have turned that negative attitude into constructive things, as I wrote above. Its helped, big time.

Welcome back. You always have friends here.
Reply/Quote
I think fans are forgetting the most important thing about re-signing Dre....we screwed the steelers again!
Reply/Quote
This was a very poor decision. After watching him get burned and flagged for after the whistle BS everyone will regret this day. Mark my words. So PLEASE someone save this for next off season.
Reply/Quote
Dre now has the second most guaranteed money. He's ahead of Dalton. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:53 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think fans are forgetting the most important thing about re-signing Dre....we screwed the steelers again!

Perhaps...and I do hope this is true, or perhaps the steelers screwed us. Perhaps they simply spoke of interest, maybe even called his agent and let there be some interest in the hopes of driving up his price and forcing the Bengals to spend a lot. 

Sure, it's probably a little out of the box thinking, but would it really surprise anyone to see them try and do this type of thing to screw over a divisional rival? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Happy we got dre k on board. Still need to do something about the Oline though

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:31 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Perhaps...and I do hope this is true, or perhaps the steelers screwed us. Perhaps they simply spoke of interest, maybe even called his agent and let there be some interest in the hopes of driving up his price and forcing the Bengals to spend a lot. 

Sure, it's probably a little out of the box thinking, but would it really surprise anyone to see them try and do this type of thing to screw over a divisional rival? 

There were some posts by some NFL reporters that the Steelers weren't interested in Dre for over $10 million. That was hours before we heard about any finalized deal. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I was much more worried about the oline than the corners. Then again, I don't want Pacman cut
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:16 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'll do a sig bet on last place if their starters on Oline are Ogbuehi, Fisher, Boling, Bodine, and Johnson, as the front page of Bengals.com seems to be saying.

Interesting -- had to go read that. I assumed Westerman would be a strong candidate at this point. I am hoping Winston gets re-signed. He's a worthy stop gap for where ever we are worst and then that we get some starters in the draft. I gotta admit the line you're reading me sounds...not good. I dunno about last place but it is definitely a concern. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree.  DreK is one of the few picks that actually got coached up and played as a decent starter.

Like many have said before...  why would you want a player who is doing his job that's still young to leave?

I think they did it to keep him and see what WJIII/Dennard do.

If Dennard doesn't play up to being a solid starter they'll eventually let him walk if WJIII looks decent.

Dennard hasn't been anywhere near the slot player that Shaw has become.  Granted, his playing time has been minimal at the position, but I think he should train to back up Dre and nothing else.  Let WJIII push Adam Jones out of a starting role on the other side....or simply release Jones and allow Dennard and a draft pick to be the backups.  It is almost a certainty that one of the corners will lose some time to injury and Dennard will have the opportunity to step in.

I wouldn't draft one in the first round, unless they slide WAY down and get Robinson or Ramcyzk, but I am not really sold on either of them....at least Ramcyzk comes from a pro style offense. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:34 PM)J24 Wrote: We have two other first Rd picks ready to go, a nice nickel in shaw, and another 3rd  in Russell. We had depth.

Adam Jones will almost certainly be suspended at the start of the season...not to mention he was horribly out of shape when the season started (probably 50% booze/50% Coyle's lazy coaching).  And just because Dennard was a first round pick doesn't mean he is "ready to go"...he hasn't really shown that at all.  That's like saying Ced is ready to go because he was drafted in the first round...and he actually has some playing time under his belt.  

Regardless, Dre  is here and I am relieved.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Adam Jones will almost certainly be suspended at the start of the season...not to mention he was horribly out of shape when the season started (probably 50% booze/50% Coyle's lazy coaching).  And just because Dennard was a first round pick doesn't mean he is "ready to go"...he hasn't really shown that at all.  That's like saying Ced is ready to go because he was drafted in the first round...and he actually has some playing time under his belt.  

Regardless, Dre  is here and I am relieved.  

Here's the thing.  They overpaid.  They are going to "bank on Cedric", so why not bank on the youth at CB and save the money they blew on Kirkpatrick?  To save face?  What a shit show this FO is.  We got lucky on a couple of drafts, and extended some good players for a minute there.....now they're back to Bungaling.  With this DreK deal, they've handcuffed themselves in the future if these young guys pan out.  Shoulda just let Dre walk too, next year is already a lost cause.  These idiots can't even do saving money right.  They got lucky for a five year stretch, it's Son of Paul, we all should have known that was an aberration, the playoff debacles should have clued us all in that we didn't belong.  This Clown Show won't fool me again.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A lot of money for 1 good year ain't it?

But the alternative was losing him for nothing so screw it
Reply/Quote
Wonder how Dre's agent got this deal. No way any of the other 31 teams gives this man this deal.

For some reason I feel Dres agent played chicken with Mike Brown and won. You can't lose all your FAs in the same offseason your fans will eat you alive

So to not look like an incompetent piece of shit they were gonna make sure we kept ONE of these guys.

I actually don't think Brown had a plan at all of who he was gonna sacrifice or not. I seriously think he went into this thinking he was gonna play it by ear and when it looked like we were gonna lose all 3 he got off his old fat ass and made a move happen. But he did it in shitty Mike Brown fashion. He didn't wait it out and give a smart deal out. He shoveled money in a guy s mouth who will not live up to the contract just so we kept at least ONE of our guys
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dennards natural position is on the edge....but we play him in the slot because...Marvin Lewis.  What competent OL?  It's a bad year for OL in the draft and FA.  The Bungals should have retained one of our own linemen.  

Stupid is as stupid does.....

You're right, not much competent OL left. Whit and Okung off the market for LT. Warford and Warmack off the market for OG. Ryan Clady, Kelvin Beachum, DJ Fluker, Nick Mangold probably best available.

The reality of Ogbuehi - Boling - Bodine - Johnson/Westerman - Fisher is quickly approaching.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Glad to have him back. With Jones possibly suspended/cut, we'll go into the season with CBs competing with the oline as the weakest link.

Reply/Quote