Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K vs. Bucs
What did people think of Dre's performance? I saw at least 3 instances where he got beat pretty good. No way this secondary gets better with these guys. These are downgrades from Hall and T-New.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:51 PM)Utts Wrote: What did people think of Dre's performance? I saw at least 3 instances where he got beat pretty good. No way this secondary gets better with these guys. These are downgrades from Hall and T-New.

Yep!
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling we will know what we have in Dre sometime during the 2018 season. On a related note, I heard one of the Steelers' rookies looked bad in his 3rd practice, can you say BUST?!?!?!

WHUT WHUT!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One of the few bright spots from last night.

He made a lot of very nice plays in single coverage.

Our defense confuses me.

We never blitz, but it always seems like the other team gets 3 to 4 plays with one on one deep pass coverage for their tallest receiver.
Reply/Quote
The one play he got beat and it wasn't zone (not really his fault) was an all out blitz. He had virtually no shot on it since only one guy got through and Glennon could throw a strike.
if you blitz your safeties like that, you have to have more than just Geno get through and make the QB a little uncomfortable.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: One of the few bright spots from last night.

He made a lot of very nice plays in single coverage.

Our defense confuses me.

We never blitz, but it always seems like the other team gets 3 to 4 plays with one on one deep pass coverage for their tallest receiver.
The play were he got scored on was on an all out blitz.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He looked better than I expected.

If the DL doesn't show up (they didn't) and lets the QB have all day to pick a receiver (they did) then eventually he's going to find someone open. With the league's "if you touch them it's a PI" policy, even really solid CB's are going to get exposed if the QB has enough time to let the receiver get in the right place.

Think about it. Did Cincinnati's passing game look craptastic last night because TB's corners are so good? Or because Dalton and Bodine were playing hot potato?
Reply/Quote
Dre K got burned on the TD from Glennon.

But Pac got burned on the overthrown ball by Jameis,

Otherwise the DB's played decently.

It's the lack of pass rush that really exploits them. Hard to cover a guy for 7+ seconds.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The one play he got beat and it wasn't zone (not really his fault) was an all out blitz. He had virtually no shot on it since only one guy got through and Glennon could throw a strike.
if you blitz your safeties like that, you have to have more than just Geno get through and make the QB a little uncomfortable.

But on a zero coverage, isn't the one thing he has to do is not let anyone behind him?  

He was deep enough until he jumped the route and got turned around.  The only throw the QB had was to launch it deep.   How could Dre not know that? 

Other than that, I thought he played pretty well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:29 PM)McC Wrote: But on a zero coverage, isn't the one thing he has to do is not let anyone behind him?  

He was deep enough until he jumped the route and got turned around.  The only throw the QB had was to launch it deep.   How could Dre not know that? 

You have to watch every route. 
The WR faked a slant then went deep. It was enough to slow Dre. Which is why the blitz HAS to get home at least a little. 

The lack of pass rush ability on it was disgusting 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You have to watch every route. 
The WR faked a slant then went deep. It was enough to slow Dre. Which is why the blitz HAS to get home at least a little. 

The lack of pass rush ability on it was disgusting 

Very true.   But isn't not giving up the deep ball his biggest job?

The QB was never completing a slant.  A falling back fling was his only chance and that's exactly what he did.  It just struck me that Dre played it exactly how TB hoped he would and he never should have given up the home run.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: Very true.   But isn't not giving up the deep ball his biggest job?

The QB was never completing a slant.  A falling back fling was his only chance and that's exactly what he did.  It just struck me that Dre played it exactly how TB hoped he would and he never should have given up the home run.

Sure. But again, the bigger issue is that we can't get home on a zero. 
You have to at least make it a difficult throw of some kind. It wasn't. 
That's a bigger issue. 
Reply/Quote
Dre K showed flashes of greatness and bit on a route once and got burned. I am not anywhere near as concerned with the defensive backfield as I am the front seven, they looked atrocious!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 06:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sure. But again, the bigger issue is that we can't get home on a zero. 
You have to at least make it a difficult throw of some kind. It wasn't. 
That's a bigger issue. 

No doubt.  Did it seem like they showed it too soon?

Savvy play by the QB too.  It was a good throw even though it was probably kinda lucky too.  He just heaved it off his back foot.

Next time, Dre will be running step for step with the receiver.  Next time, the blitz has to get home.

Reply/Quote
Aside from one or two plays, I liked Dre's game last night.

What made me want to throw my wheelchair through the TV screen was didn't Guenther always say that he would send extra blitzes, especially when the pass rush wasn't getting there? Unless I'm confused, that's his philosophy and Zim relied on the front four, so why didn't we send extra pressure when our front four wasn't getting the job done?!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 05:29 PM)McC Wrote: But on a zero coverage, isn't the one thing he has to do is not let anyone behind him?  

And hopefully he just learned that, so that next time when it really counts he will be in the right position.
Reply/Quote
I really do sometimes think I watch a different game to everyone else. Kirkpatrick had a good game and was one of the few bright spots from the game. Made a fantastic pass break up on a deep pass. On the TD he had to play it aggressive and react to the slant it was an all out blitz and he has to expect the ball to come out quickly. The fact that the blitz didn't get anywhere near Glennon and that Glennon made a pretty darn impressive throw is sort of out of Kirkpatrick's hands.

Reply/Quote
The Glennon TD pass, he got beat badly.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 06:28 PM)McC Wrote: No doubt.  Did it seem like they showed it too soon?

Savvy play by the QB too.  It was a good throw even though it was probably kinda lucky too.  He just heaved it off his back foot.

Next time, Dre will be running step for step with the receiver.  Next time, the blitz has to get home.

On that blitz, it shouldn't matter. The fact that only one guy got free is a problem. 
a bigger problem than Dre getting beat. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: On that blitz, it shouldn't matter. The fact that only one guy got free is a problem. 
a bigger problem than Dre getting beat. 

Ideally, the blitz gets home, the throw is bad and Dre picks it.  Didn't it seem like the all out blitz just created such a wall of bodies that no one could get through?

Reply/Quote