Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dre K wants to be 'face of the franchise'
(08-04-2015, 05:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: Dre K...I don't wanna hear the talk, I wanna see the walk.

Me too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 04:09 PM)jason Wrote: Antonio Brown is pretty good ya know.

If he wants to be the face of the franchise, he can't have a "yea, but" on his record.

If you're the best, beat the best.

I hate when people use caveats for why they lost.

If Dre thinks he's going to be one of the best CBs in the NFL and be the face of this franchise, he needs to shut down anyone who faces him, regardless of how good they are.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If he wants to be the face of the franchise, he can't have a "yea, but" on his record.

If Dre thinks he's going to be one of the best CBs in the NFL and be the face of this franchise, he needs to shut down anyone who faces him, regardless of how good they are.

He is probably aware of that.

Can't understand a guy getting slammed for wanting to be the best.  Strikes me as worthy of applause, not derision.  He's not calling anyone else out except maybe himself.  If you say you intend to be the best, I gotta think you do it knowing you have to back it up.

I call what he said innocuous, at worst.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:02 PM)jason Wrote: Does any player talk more shit in the offseason than Dre Kirkpatrick?  This is like the 10th quote of his since this board opened.  I'm not Missouri, but show me first.

He has been, did you watch the Denver game last season?  Dude has the skills to back up the confident attitude.  Injuries set him back a spell, but he's looking to break out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He has been, did you watch the Denver game last season?  Dude has the skills to back up the confident attitude.  Injuries set him back a spell, but he's looking to break out.

I didn't say he was a scrub...  He just hasn't played enough to say his name in the same breath as Ray Lewis and whatnot.  He's been a great ST gunner so far.  That's about it.  More than anything, I just wonder who has had all of these mics in his face all offseason.  Every week there is a quote from him on here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:20 PM)McC Wrote: He is probably aware of that.

Can't understand a guy getting slammed for wanting to be the best.  Strikes me as worthy of applause, not derision.  He's not calling anyone else out except maybe himself.  If you say you intend to be the best, I gotta think you do it knowing you have to back it up.

It's not the first time he's said it...  We get it...  Go do it. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If he wants to be the face of the franchise, he can't have a "yea, but" on his record.

I've yet to see Antonio Brown be shut down.  Granted I don't watch all of their games.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:20 PM)McC Wrote: He is probably aware of that.

No derision.

I'm saying good for him for talking.

Now let's see him do it.
Reply/Quote
Dre needs to play a full 16 game season as a starter before he goes off running his mouth like some type of rabbit
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 05:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You need to learn the difference between talking shit and being confident.

Talking shit: Your posts are garbage. You aren't in the same league as the rest of us as posters.

Being confident: I want to be the best poster here, I want to be THE guy on the boards. 

Antonio Brown is a top 5 WR in the NFL...if we went down the list of DBs Brown burned....it's a long list. Just watched the play again, didn't really get burned....
Hall got roasted by MARTAVIAS BRYANT for 94 yards....
Being overconfident/ mildly delusional : "I want to be the face of the Bengals".  Says the special teams player who may (probably not) not be the best CB on his own team.

I'm not knocking the guy for the way he feels.  Hell I want him to feel that way.  I'd just rather see it before I hear it.  Until then, it is talking shit in my book. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:56 PM)jason Wrote: Being overconfident/ mildly delusional : "I want to be the face of the Bengals".  Says the special teams player who may (probably not) not be the best CB on his own team.

I'm not knocking the guy for the way he feels.  Hell I want him to feel that way.  I'd just rather see it before I hear it.  Until then, it is talking shit in my book. 

Hope you're willing to humble up, should Dre K. be the CB1.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't care if he acts like Richard Sherman as long as he plays like Richard Sherman.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:56 PM)jason Wrote: Being overconfident/ mildly delusional : "I want to be the face of the Bengals".  Says the special teams player who may (probably not) not be the best CB on his own team.

It's August. Can he play a game this year before people gripe about him "not showing it" 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hope you're willing to humble up, should Dre K. be the CB1.

Gladly....

I hope he does tear it up this season.  I really haven't put him down in this thread or ever before.  All that "I wanna this" and "I wanna that" just sounds like blah, blah, blah to me.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have no clue how a guy can say he wants to be the best, and yet the fans get on him for it...good lord.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 08:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I have no clue how a guy can say he wants to be the best, and yet the fans get on him for it...good lord.
I know that I personally let it go the first couple of threads.  It's just the "face of the franchise" comment...  If there were a list of contenders for that title, Dre is in the same neighborhood as Brandon Thompson.  He (Thompson) probably wants to be the best DT in the NFL too.  I just don't keep hearing about it.

But **** it...  I'm a Dre Kirkpatrick fan, and I'll be pumped if he becomes a badass. 

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:47 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: Dre needs to play a full 16 game season as a starter before he goes off running his mouth like some type of rabbit

I wasn't aware rabbits had the ability to speak.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

Talking shit is saying I am the best when you're not.  Saying I want to be the face of the franchise is aspiring to greatness.  Why are people missing this distinction?

Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick opens his mouth and people bag on him, despite him proving he can hang.

McCarron opens his mouth and it's gospel, despite him proving jack shit.

I love this message board.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Will he be our Doc (Defensive Ocho Cinco)?

Hope not. I think he is just verbally challenging himself to greatness. Or at least another contract when due.

Reply/Quote