Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick
First real hint of what he will be looking at during contract negotiations. He wants top money

Dre KirkpatrickVerified account
‏@DreKirkSWAG

When they say I'm not elite #lookupmystats ? I'm going ?

1:04 PM - 30 Jan 2017

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
pally Wrote:First real hint of what he will be looking at during contract negotiations.  He wants top money

‏@DreKirkSWAG

I don't get exercised about salary, etc. as long as it ain't mine or my money at stake. But Dre? I don't think you're as elite as you think you are. Dre's still somebody I hope the Bengals keep around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is pretty normal. We make an offer, he probably tests FA and if the offer is fair he may come back and if not then not big deal. Don't make bad deals out of desperation because they last a lot longer than fluid personnel situations in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I expect to lose Kirk and Zeitler, because our organization is ran by a cheapskate idiotic owner
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
They aren't going to sign a FA who is better and we damn sure know that a new draft pick won't start.

Better hope WJIII isn't a bust or fragile.

Otherwise it's the Shaw, Dennard, or ??? show.

Yikes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This guy is a loser. Im so sick of people acting like ***** spoiled children on twitter all the time.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 05:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They aren't going to sign a FA who is better and we damn sure know that a new draft pick won't start.

Better hope WJIII isn't a bust or fragile.

Otherwise it's the Shaw, Dennard, or ??? show.

Yikes.

They dont need another free agent who is better. They have Dennard, Shaw, WJ3. 

Thats two first round draft picks and a guy that really proved himself in Shaw last year. Sometimes you just need to roll with what you got and trust your talent and evaluations. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 05:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They dont need another free agent who is better. They have Dennard, Shaw, WJ3. 

Thats two first round draft picks and a guy that really proved himself in Shaw last year. Sometimes you just need to roll with what you got and trust your talent and evaluations. 

They have absolutely no idea what WJ is capable of.  They do know that Dennard has trouble staying on the field and is not that great when he's on it.  Pacman is looking at a lengthy suspension, it not worse.  So that leaves you with Josh Shaw.  This team is very likely in cornerback trouble.
Reply/Quote
Ha! He didn't even crack the PFF top 25 for 2016. And he thinks he's "elite"?? Hilarious

Let him go and "test the waters". Oddly enough, 38 y/o Terrance Newman still ranked 4th this season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 06:57 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They have absolutely no idea what WJ is capable of.  They do know that Dennard has trouble staying on the field and is not that great when he's on it.  Pacman is looking at a lengthy suspension, it not worse.  So that leaves you with Josh Shaw.  This team is very likely in cornerback trouble.

Wouldn't you rather see the Bengals win a standoff with an entitled player more than win on the field?
Reply/Quote
It's laughable that he thinks he's elite, but I'm not concerned. He doesn't get to determine his own value.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 03:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: I expect to lose Kirk and Zeitler, because our organization is ran by a cheapskate idiotic owner

Yeah, sure, because our owner has let how many big time $$$ players leave lately?

(01-30-2017, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  He didn't even crack the PFF top 25 for 2016.  And he thinks he's "elite"??   Hilarious

Let him go and "test the waters".  Oddly enough, 38 y/o Terrance Newman still ranked 4th this season.

PFF is a joke.  I don't put much stock in it.

(01-31-2017, 12:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's laughable that he thinks he's elite, but I'm not concerned. He doesn't get to determine his own value.

That's part of the problem, the free agent market has already shown that average to good players probably get 1.5-2x what they are truly worth.  Janoris Jenkins got $10 million per last year.
Reply/Quote
Idk about "elite" but they need to ***** pay him.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  He didn't even crack the PFF top 25 for 2016.  And he thinks he's "elite"??   Hilarious

Let him go and "test the waters".  Oddly enough, 38 y/o Terrance Newman still ranked 4th this season.

One had a really good pass rush....the other?
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think that was really Dre in the backseat of that cop car....designed to look like Adam Jones. That might have made him more money than his "stats"
Reply/Quote
Dre Is elite in the drama dept, not so much in the skills dept.

Reply/Quote
People keep forgetting Keivarae Russell. He was a 3rd rounder last year who got cut by KC, but we kept him on the roster all eyar after claiming him, which means we probably liked what we saw. When you consider Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, and Russell I think we are okay. We probably let Dre walk and find another vet to step in to add depth. We can find an older CB who can act as a year or two of insurance while we let the younger guys learn. I'd also guess we draft another mid round CB, which I am okay with. Jordan Lewis in the 2nd would be great.
Reply/Quote
No Dre Kirk on this list, either..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769950/article/yearend-cornerback-rankings-richard-sherman-lands-at-no-1

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 03:12 PM)pally Wrote: First real hint of what he will be looking at during contract negotiations.  He wants top money

‏@DreKirkSWAG

He want's to get paid, nothings wrong with that, however he want's to get paid elite money and he sure as hell isn't elite.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 09:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: People keep forgetting Keivarae Russell. He was a 3rd rounder last year who got cut by KC, but we kept him on the roster all eyar after claiming him, which means we probably liked what we saw. When you consider Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, and Russell I think we are okay. We probably let Dre walk and find another vet to step in to add depth. We can find an older CB who can act as a year or two of insurance while we let the younger guys learn. I'd also guess we draft another mid round CB, which I am okay with. Jordan Lewis in the 2nd would be great.

Russell had what... 1 play from scrimmage, and he turned it into an interception???
Reply/Quote