Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick - a legit concern
Dre's pro football focus rating for the entire season is around 49. That's 49 out of a possible 100. On pro football focus's scale that equates to a rating of "poor".

That rating would put him around 98tb best corner in the league for the season. 98th. That's close to dead last.

Dre Kirkpatrick is making 52 million dollars and just signed an extension in the off season.

This is a legit problem. Does Dre's poor play, large salary, and the emergence of Dennard and Jackson make him a cut candidate in the off-season?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 06:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dre's pro football focus rating for the entire season is around 49. That's 49 out of a possible 100. On pro football focus's scale that equates to a rating of "poor".

That rating would put him around 98tb best corner in the league for the season. 98th. That's close to dead last.

Dre Kirkpatrick is making 52 million dollars and just signed an extension in the off season.

This is a legit problem. Does Dre's poor play, large salary, and the emergence of Dennard and Jackson make him a cut candidate in the off-season?

If his performance doesn't make him a cut candidate, then that is certainly part of the problem, as that's way too much money for a person at the tail end of the league at his position.

It is also quite indicative of why the Bengals need fresh coaching. There is no good reason that Dre shouldn't have developed into the same dominating performer that he was in college.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
is this new to anyone who has paid attention to any entertainer ( which is what the NFL said they are, entertainment).

Get that paycheck and most regress......

[Image: ggy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not a cut candidate, but a trade candidate for sure. He can easily fetch a high 3rd. Maybe a low 2nd.
Reply/Quote
I would have zero problem moving on however they can do it from Kirkpatrick. Besides very suspect coverage skills he's one of if not the worst tackling CB's in the league. Throw in the fact that he's one of the most penalized defenders in the league and it's a slam dunk. Buh bye
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not a cut candidate, but a trade candidate for sure. He can easily fetch a high 3rd. Maybe a low 2nd.

No way, not with that deal. You can't give him away for free with that deal
Reply/Quote
What absolutely can't happen is letting Dennard leave town so we can overpay Dre. If Pac man is gone that will take some of the sting out of the Dre contract. But you can't spend 18 million of your cap money on two CBs who aren't performing at a high level. Creates a ripple effect
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not a cut candidate, but a trade candidate for sure. He can easily fetch a high 3rd. Maybe a low 2nd.

So, who would you see taking an overpriced, yet severely underperforming veteran CB like Dre Kirkpatrick?

(12-09-2017, 07:28 PM)Brimey Wrote: No way, not with that deal. You can't give him away for free with that deal

^This

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don’t see him going anywhere
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:30 PM)Brimey Wrote: What absolutely can't happen is letting Dennard leave town so we can overpay Dre. If Pac man is gone that will take some of the sting out of the Dre contract. But you can't spend 18 million of your cap money on two CBs who aren't performing at a high level. Creates a ripple effect

The problem is that cutting Dre results in 5.6M of dead money.  You do know how this team feels about dead money, right?  However, cutting him would result in 4M of cap savings.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/11/14890900/dre-kirkpatrick-contract-breakdown-bengals

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:28 PM)Brimey Wrote: No way, not with that deal. You can't give him away for free with that deal
Kelvijn Benjamin.
[quote='SunsetBengal' pid='482095' dateline='1512859148']

So, who would you see taking an overpriced, yet severely underperforming veteran CB like Dre Kirkpatrick?

Kelvin Benjamin got a 3rd and a 7th and that was considered a steal. And in a pass happy league cbs are a premium. I can see plenty of teams willing to take Dre k. For a second.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem is that cutting Dre results in 5.6M of dead money.  You do know how this team feels about dead money, right?  However, cutting him would result in 4M of cap savings.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/11/14890900/dre-kirkpatrick-contract-breakdown-bengals

Looking at that, he will be on the roster until at least the end of '19. At that point cutting him becomes far less expensive and his contract gets far more expensive. He's such a liability in the run game, is like to see him as a nickel guy if that's the case. And we run a lot of nickel so it would take the sting out of the salary at least a little.

Hindsight is 20/20. I personally wanted them to prioritize signing him because I though good young corners were a rare breed in this passing league and incredibly valuable. Unfortunately his performance the year can't possibly be considered good
Reply/Quote
Dre's salary is less than his cap hit (dead money) next year. It would cost us money to cut him. He's going nowhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
hes so terrible.. what were they thinking
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dre's salary is less than his cap hit (dead money) next year. It would cost us money to cut him. He's going nowhere.

That's not entirely true.  His 2018 dead money is 5.6M, and would still result in a cap savings of 4M.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:03 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: is this new to anyone who has paid attention to any entertainer ( which is what the NFL said they are, entertainment).

Get that paycheck and most regress......

True, any time a player is off his rookie deal I say let him walk.  Name one NFL player who is on a long-term deal who is any good.  The Browns have the most cap space and that's how they know their players WANT to be there.  I'd play for the league minimum...er, I mean I'd ENTERTAIN for the league minimum.

Wait, didn't we just give a long term contract to that guy who is your avatar? Nice knowing ya, Burfict!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Kelvijn Benjamin.

(12-09-2017, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, who would you see taking an overpriced, yet severely underperforming veteran CB like Dre Kirkpatrick?

Kelvin Benjamin got a 3rd and a 7th and that was considered a steal. And in a pass happy league cbs are a premium. I can see plenty of teams willing to take Dre k. For a second.
Especially if the team thinks they have the coaching to fix DreKirk. It's likely the Bengals can't figure out how to get him to play better.
Reply/Quote

A 5th maybe more like 6th.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 10:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: A 5th maybe more like 6th.

I u under what the league thinks if him. At the very least he can get what kb pulled.
Reply/Quote
Overpaid DreK is here to stay.

What in this recent franchise history that would point to trading him or even cutting him for that matter??
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote