Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery
Apparently he played a with a shoulder injury all season, and now had offseason shoulder surgery..

Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/02/report-dre-kirkpatrick-had-shoulder-surgery/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Well sorry to learn that. Swag never really did pan out, as that 1st round corner that was going to make everyone forget about Jonathan Joseph. I still have hopes on Dennard coming into his own, and having an excellent pro career. But, with the addition of William Jackson, Kirkpatrick's days as a Bengal may be numbered.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Eh, can't realistically tackle any worse than he did last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Should have taken decastro
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Should have taken decastro

Eh I like that the steelers have his dirty ass. They complain about a few of our guys but they have several of their own that can do no wrong
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:03 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Eh I like that the steelers have his dirty ass. They complain about a few of our guys but they have several of their own that can do no wrong

DeCastro no different that Burfict.  The type of player that you love, when he's on your team, and hate when he plays for the opponent.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Shows true toughness playing through it. There were a couple times last year watching the games and I would think Dre was done. And he would end up back out there.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Should have taken decastro

Who would have replaced the 95% of the defensive snaps Dre took last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh, can't realistically tackle any worse than he did last year.

You people are ridiculous.

How was our defense able to stop anyone when 4 of our 11 starters are the absolute worst in the league (Maualuga, Peko, Dre, Hawk/Lamur)?

Not just bad, but so bad that it is impossible for them to be any worse.

You would think that NFL Offensive coordinators would find some way to exploit such huge weaknesses in our defense.  Wonder why they didn't just throw the ball at Dre every time?
Reply/Quote
"But on the other hand, you then have to bring back the injury-prone label for Dre, which appeared that he'd shed after his first three seasons were marred by various injuries. If you're going to give Dre the benefit of the doubt that the injury affected his play, then you in turn have to acknowledge he still hasn't made it through a full season without injuries affecting him."

Whether it's injuries or inconsistent play, he needs to go.

Which more than likely means we will re-sign him.

Reply/Quote
Props for having the mental and physical toughness to play through it.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Props for having the mental and physical toughness to play through it.

This, but i would like to see a major improvement in dre this season. Seems about every play he gets beat by 2-3 steps . I've bashed dre as much as any. Let's see what he does this season, if no improvement let him go and upgrade.  Rock On    
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who would have replaced the 95% of the defensive snaps Dre took last year.

Having taken Decastro, rather than Kirkpatrick, would have absolutely zero bearing on how many snaps would have needed to be accounted for.  Had the Bengals not drafted Kirkpatrick, they likely would have selected another corner, a round or two later.  When you factor in all of Kirkpatrick's bench time for injury, a 3rd round corner could have easily been developed to do as many, or even more quality snaps from scrimmage.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Having taken Decastro, rather than Kirkpatrick, would have absolutely zero bearing on how many snaps would have needed to be accounted for.  Had the Bengals not drafted Kirkpatrick, they likely would have selected another corner, a round or two later.  When you factor in all of Kirkpatrick's bench time for injury, a 3rd round corner could have easily been developed to do as many, or even more quality snaps from scrimmage.

Paul Alexander asked who would replace Nate Livings when reporters criticized Nasty Nate, also.  Strange.  I always thought figuring out who would replace Nate Livings was a Paul Alexander job.  I guess Paul thought differently.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh, can't realistically tackle any worse than he did last year.

Well you can't tackle with a jacked up shoulder Ninja
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Paul Alexander asked who would replace Nate Livings when reporters criticized Nasty Nate, also.  Strange.  I always thought figuring out who would replace Nate Livings was a Paul Alexander job.  I guess Paul thought differently.

I, for one, am not quite convinced that Alexander is the maestro that he, seems to believe he is.  Heck, wasn't he just given an understudy to do much of the hands-on technique training, a year or so back??

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:18 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently he played a with a shoulder injury all season, and now had offseason shoulder surgery..

Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/02/report-dre-kirkpatrick-had-shoulder-surgery/

His play was up and down last year but even Lapham pointed out he was injuried most of the year and played through it.. probably hurt his play some.. just like Michael Johnson and his injury hurt his overall play.

This is a key year though for him professionally.. hopefully he stays healthy and plays well like he has in spot starts over a long season.

I still rather have a healthy Dre than what the Steelers were and probably are rolling out at corner last year and this year
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: His play was up and down last year but even Lapham pointed out he was injuried most of the year and played through it.. probably hurt his play some.. just like Michael Johnson and his injury hurt his overall play.

This is a key year though for him professionally.. hopefully he stays healthy and plays well like he has in spot starts over a long season.

I still rather have a healthy Dre than what the Steelers were and probably are rolling out at corner last year and this year

That's what professional athletes do, they play through the pain that stops average folk.  Otherwise, we would all be gathering in the neighborhood to watch pickup ball..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You people are ridiculous.

How was our defense able to stop anyone when 4 of our 11 starters are the absolute worst in the league (Maualuga, Peko, Dre, Hawk/Lamur)?

Not just bad, but so bad that it is impossible for them to be any worse.

You would think that NFL Offensive coordinators would find some way to exploit such huge weaknesses in our defense.  Wonder why they didn't just throw the ball at Dre every time?

You and your blind defender-ing all over this board is what is ridiculous.

It's not my fault Kirkpatrick missed 16 tackles last year, 2nd most among all CB. Last I checked, that was REALLY bad tackling. Plus O Coords DID throw the ball at Dre a lot, the second most targets among all CB in the NFL, which is another reason why he was 3rd in penalties in the entire NFL at all positions.

I'm sure you're going to ignore all these facts and point out something meaningless, somewhat off topic, and act like you're the smartest person on the board and we should enjoy your smug posts like they're the greatest gift we could receive.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's what professional athletes do, they play through the pain that stops average folk.  Otherwise, we would all be gathering in the neighborhood to watch pickup ball..

not sure where in my post i questioned his professionalism 
Reply/Quote