Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery
(05-04-2016, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Arena League or Burger King?  Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: th?id=OIP.M3f865f3065720665e13a0c351dfe9...=300&h=300]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 12:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.M3f865f3065720665e13a0c351dfe9...=300&h=300]

Wal Mart is going to hire a black guy in his 20's to be a greeter?  You sir, are insane!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 01:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I just get a kick out of the bias on each side.  I remember last offseason when some folks were excited to finally see what Dre can "really do" in his 4th season while having a good laugh that the Steelers took a guy in the 1st (Bud Dupree) who was having issues digesting the playbook in the first week of pre-season.

I get a kick out of people that apparently don't watch the games, saying Dre gave up a bunch of TDs, when in fact he saved a ton of TDs by running from the opposite end of the field to chase down a would be scorer. 

Dre is objectively above average and is only getting better - and healthier. Whenever I see someone say different I know they're just some bandwagon neophyte.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 03:28 PM)Older Than You Wrote: I get a kick out of people that apparently don't watch the games, saying Dre gave up a bunch of TDs, when in fact he saved a ton of TDs by running from the opposite end of the field to chase down a would be scorer. 

Dre is objectively above average and is only getting better - and healthier. Whenever I see someone say different I know they're just some bandwagon neophyte.

You sir are correct.

In my "Thoughts On DreK?" thread earlier this year that was one thing I mentioned as a plus side of his play.

Dre needs to work on things and cut down on the penalties.

There are some good things he does.

I just hope it happens for him and if not the team cuts bait.

Not overpay for just average play.

If an offer comes to him from another team like Rucker, Johnson, Fanene type deals they should let him walk.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 09:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Never said that you questioned his professionalism.  Was merely stating that playing through pain was to be expected of someone earning millions of dollars to play ball.  As in it should be of no surprise to anyone, to learn that a player continued through the season playing with an injury.

you must have not read my post or were confused.. i used the word professionally  in terms of coming into next season is a big one for Dre.. so not even connected what you are posting about above but to respond to your post..  the idea that if you earn millions of dollars you are expected to play through pain is what got the NFL in trouble and players hurt for a long time ( ie concussions) so I say today players and teams are treading lightly on that idea..., also are you saying that if you are a meager rookie free agent you are not expected to play hurt but if you make millions you are ??

It might not be a surprise the Dre was hurt most of the season and played through it but it also can;t be dismissed that sometimes a players inadequate play can be contributed to a injury especially after you find out later about the injury... ie Manning this year
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 03:28 PM)Older Than You Wrote: I get a kick out of people that apparently don't watch the games, saying Dre gave up a bunch of TDs, when in fact he saved a ton of TDs by running from the opposite end of the field to chase down a would be scorer. 

See bolded word
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 04:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: False you need 4 good corners... Adam jones wont be here by time Jackson needs a new deal.    and then when (if) dennard and jackson are starters we will be one injury away from calling chris lewis harris again.

Dre is going to be looking for a big, multi year contract after this season.  Sure, they have the ability to pick up the fifth year option for Dennard after this season, but he will be looking for the same the year after.  Then if you think you've hit a home run with Jackson, he will be looking for the same.  I personally think Shaw looked as good as Kirkpatrick most of the time last year, and he would have been drafted much higher if not for jumping out a window and making up the story at USC, so he is going to be looking for more money as well.

Yes, you do need four good corners, but simple math says you can't have four high priced corners.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wal Mart is going to hire a black guy in his 20's to be a greeter?  You sir, are insane!

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 11:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

Ok, but where is Dre the Backpeddalin' greeter?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 12:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, but where is Dre the Backpeddalin' greeter?

He has to learn to backpedal first.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 08:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You sir are correct.

In my "Thoughts On DreK?" thread earlier this year that was one thing I mentioned as a plus side of his play.

Dre needs to work on things and cut down on the penalties.

There are some good things he does.

I just hope it happens for him and if not the team cuts bait.

Not overpay for just average play.

If an offer comes to him from another team like Rucker, Johnson, Fanene type deals they should let him walk.

Agree on most accounts. We have not seen a healthy, veteran Dre K. With a contract year ahead of him, I see big things for the speed demon CB. His hand work has matured slowly, but his awareness and head turn has improved drastically. 

I saw the future of our DB rotation last year (a J Joe-esque type player that we actually keep), not sure what other people saw.
Reply/Quote