Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par
Dre Kirkpatrick is sub par. He is being targeted heavily this season because teams know that he is the weakest link among a pretty good core of corner backs.

Between the penalties, missed tackles, dropped INTs, and soft coverage...Dre Kirkpatrick needs to step his game up to justify his hefty price tag. If not, im all for signing Dennard to an extension and letting Kirkpatrick go.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
QBs are definitely picking on him. And why wouldn’t they? WJ3 and Dennard are much better than him. It’s going to continue to be a problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They have been throwing his way for awhile.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 11:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: QBs are definitely picking on him. And why wouldn’t they? WJ3 and Dennard are much better than him. It’s going to continue to be a problem.

Dennard didn't do too hot yesterday either. Saw him get picked on a couple times.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick is infuriating. He gets lost in coverage, he drops interceptions, and when a receiver misses a catch he acts like he single-handedly saved the game even when he did absolutely nothing.

Dude is a bum and grossly overpaid considering his skill level.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick gave up so many first downs that, he should be renamed Dre Firstpatrick.   Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 12:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Kirkpatrick is infuriating.  He gets lost in coverage, he drops interceptions, and when a receiver misses a catch he acts like he single-handedly saved the game even when he did absolutely nothing.

Dude is a bum and grossly overpaid considering his skill level.

And I said this when we re-signed him to that awful deal. He is very average but getting paid a lot, i think there is a team out a year from now on his contract. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Other teams have professional NFL players as well. Plus, other teams practice. No one expects the CB to stop every throw, and if you do come back to Earth. Also, there are specific plays that will beat specific defensive cover schemes (they just need time to develop). Welcome to football beyond high school.

We had some break downs. But compared to our LB-play, I am not concerned. And our defensive front got man-handled too. Carolina's back-ups are pretty fantastic.
Reply/Quote
Well yea.

But we already knew that.
Reply/Quote
I don't know know what people are watching but Kirk has actually been pretty good this year our problems have come from bad LB coverage. I understand that he gave up a couple of first TDs yesterday but the majority of the problem was on the ground game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't know know what people are watching but Kirk has actually been pretty good this year our problems have come from bad LB coverage. I understand that he gave up a couple of first TDs yesterday but the majority of the problem was on the ground game.

Fake news. Kirkpatrick has got beat like a drum the last two games. On third down it seemed they attacked Kirkpatrick consistently.
Reply/Quote
How many times have you heard announcers and football peeps say cornerbacks have to not have a memory ?

I'm more and more suspecting Dre's biggest problem is he has a memory. He's been burnt deep so much he's scared to death of getting beat deep so the soft coverage becomes even softer because of that.

He gets beat to the inside and guesses the next time he sees that line up it's going inside again and commits to early inside. And so on.

Consistency has always been his problem and I believe this goes hand in hand with why.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fake news.  Kirkpatrick has got beat like a drum the last two games.  On third down it seemed they attacked Kirkpatrick consistently.

While I'm not a big fan of his the corners are only as good as the pressure on the QB. Pitiful performance by every one not named Dun
lap.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Fake news.  Kirkpatrick has got beat like a drum the last two games.  On third down it seemed they attacked Kirkpatrick consistently.

It seemed and what actually happened are two different things. Kirkpatrick has been good this season people just like to ***** about him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Dre is not that good.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Kirk has been playing his ass off. Best i have seen him play.

He isnt elite. But definitely isnt sub par
Reply/Quote
Anyone see in the 3rd or 4th quarter where Dre gets burnt and Jesse Bates shakes his head at him after the play?  I don't have a recording but laughed at it at the time.  Big Grin
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
So he has either played the best he has since he's been here, or he is ass. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 08:15 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone see in the 3rd or 4th quarter where Dre gets burnt and Jesse Bates shakes his head at him after the play?  I don't have a recording but laughed at it at the time.  Big Grin

He probably thinking, “why is he still starting after all these years”
Reply/Quote
I think he's played the best he has so far, but yes yesterday was not a good performance. WJ3 didn't exactly blow me away either.

Dre played pretty good in the first two weeks though.. I'd argue he played great against Baltimore.

If only he could actually catch the football... he might be tied for picks this season.
Reply/Quote