Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre didn't stop drunk friend
Dre Kirkpatrick was at a bar with the man who caused last nights fatal accident on I-75. Dre tweeted he knew his friend was drunk and he didn't stop him.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk...a reminder for us all

story

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The couple that died were family of a store owner I know. I go very often. I'm not sure what to say when I go back.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:27 PM)pally Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick was at a bar with the man who caused last nights fatal accident on I-75.  Dre tweeted he knew his friend was drink and he didn't stop him.  

Friends don't let friends drive drink...a reminder for us all

story

One again a professional athlete showing they have no concept of responsibility, not that Dre was responsible for this guys action, but he could of helped prevent it. People lost their lives because of this, I can't see why people just don't call a damn taxi or Uber, it's ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
Dumbest tweet of all time. He just set himself up for major lawsuits. Not saying he is responsible, but the money hungry lawyers will use that tweet to go after his deep pockets.
Reply/Quote
How does anyone know that Dre didn't advise the friend not to drive? Because, drunk people always take smart advice..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How does anyone know that Dre didn't advise the friend not to drive?  Because, drunk people always take smart advice..

They don't.

Dre's words state that he left him at the bar, so his last message could very well have been "Be smart".
Reply/Quote
Just perusing through Dre's twitter, you can tell he is a bit of an emotional nut. Gotta love him tho. At least he is trying to be a good guy.
Reply/Quote
In my opinion he's just as responsible for their deaths.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:17 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: They don't.

Dre's words state that he left him at the bar, so his last message could very well have been "Be smart".

Right, for all anyone knows, Dre could have offered to get him home safely.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:28 AM)Okeana Wrote: In my opinion he's just as responsible for their deaths.

So any time you leave a bar before your friend does there's a possibility you'll be responsible for death. Got it. 
Reply/Quote
Why would Dre think this is a good idea to tweet???? Why?????
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 12:03 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Why would Dre think this is a good idea to tweet???? Why?????
Thinking may not be apart of this now,just raw emotion.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:28 AM)Okeana Wrote: In my opinion he's just as responsible for their deaths.

Deactivate pls
Reply/Quote
I wonder if one day all autos may come with breathalyzers as standard equipment, and in order to start the car you'll have to utilize it. Nah, probably not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:43 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So any time you leave a bar before your friend does there's a possibility you'll be responsible for death. Got it. 

Yeah, makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 12:03 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Why would Dre think this is a good idea to tweet???? Why?????

I would assume he feels guilty and wants to use his status as a means to lead others to consider the situation and speak up/do something the next time it comes up in their lives.  
Reply/Quote

GTFO
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Dumbest tweet of all time. He just set himself up for major lawsuits. Not saying he is responsible, but the money hungry lawyers will use that tweet to go after his deep pockets.

On what basis? Don't just spout off...know something about the law before you speak. Dre is not liable to any plaintiff based on a tweet alone.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:43 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So any time you leave a bar before your friend does there's a possibility you'll be responsible for death. Got it. 

Only if you have money.

Reply/Quote

That's ridiculous. The grown man who chose to drink and drive is the only person responsible.
Reply/Quote