Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remembering A.J.
I remember when people thought it was a forgone conclusion he'd far surpass Chad. He wound up not catching Chad in any category. Just goes to show how great Chad's career was, and how tough it is for a receiver to stay consistently excellent (and healthy).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WRs don't get better at 33.

What about that dude on Invincible? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember when people thought it was a forgone conclusion he'd far surpass Chad. He wound up not catching Chad in any category. Just goes to show how great Chad's career was, and how tough it is for a receiver to stay consistently excellent (and healthy).

Healthy is key, AJ was excellent,  I hope he goes on and does more than Chad after Bengals, since Chad just faded away
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Healthy is key, AJ was excellent,  I hope he goes on and does more than Chad after Bengals, since Chad just faded away

After watching AJ this year, I'd say that's doubtful.

Chad's prime was also better than AJ's.

Nothing against AJ though, fantastic player and person.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Chad and AJ were both elite in their primes. Tee has his work cut out for him to follow in their footsteps.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll forever remember him as AC

AC Green never missed games....

Or got laid.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:57 PM)jason Wrote: AC Green never missed games....

Or got laid.

Man, I remember people getting so mad over that AC Green stuff. I thought it was hilarious. That and AJ Macaroni. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
5 years ago, today. I made the trip from NC back to Ohio to watch the Bengals/Ravens game with my brother in law, who happens to be a Ravens fan. Bitter cold and blowing winds. When AJ Green caught a short pass on the sideline, broke a tackle and took off, if was like a rocket building speed all the way to the end zone.

That is the AJ Green that I will always love and remember.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man, I remember people getting so mad over that AC Green stuff. I thought it was hilarious. That and AJ Macaroni. Hilarious

I think someone made a photo of A.J. Green's face on Mario Lopez's body in Saved By the Bell. Was the perfect A.C. Green combo.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I feel lucky that I got to see two of his best games in person. He went off in 2014 against the Steelers... After watching us blow a game we should've won, I decided to take a break from wasting entire days to go to games, and I had a baby on the way. After a 3 year hiatus I went to the Ravens Thursday night game in 2018 when AJ did whatever he wanted, and scored 3 times...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man, I remember people getting so mad over that AC Green stuff. I thought it was hilarious. That and AJ Macaroni. Hilarious

It was... My phone would always try and autocorrect McCarron to macaroni too.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 5 years ago, today. I made the trip from NC back to Ohio to watch the Bengals/Ravens game with my brother in law, who happens to be a Ravens fan. Bitter cold and blowing winds. When AJ Green caught a short pass on the sideline, broke a tackle and took off, if was like a rocket building speed all the way to the end zone.

That is the AJ Green that I will always love and remember.

That was the game Burfict damn near decapitated Maxx Williams I think his name was...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He lost his legs and then he lost his confidence not to mention playing for this sorry franchise only added to the unfortunate ending.

But yeah, 18 will always be a legend here in the Queen City.  Dalton to Green was a thing of beauty.

So long Adriel Jeremiah Green.

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.6tCH9fGzyGvI8PzdmXW9yQAAAA&pid...=203&h=153]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: After watching AJ this year, I'd say that's doubtful.

Chad's prime was also better than AJ's.

Nothing against AJ though, fantastic player and person.

It will always be a debate on who was better in the end both were great players for Bengals
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Healthy is key, AJ was excellent,  I hope he goes on and does more than Chad after Bengals, since Chad just faded away

Chad's last year here was quite a bit better than AJ's last year here.  AJ's 2020 is closer to Chad's non-factor Patriots year...though Chad did catch a pass in the SB and that was sort of cool to see.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton to AJ Green

Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson

Ken Anderson to Isaac Curtis

+++

Three of the most prolific quarterback-wide receiver combinations in history — and all played in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 10:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton to AJ Green

Carson Palmer to Chad Johnson

Ken Anderson to Isaac Curtis

+++

Three of the most prolific quarterback-wide receiver combinations in history — and all played in Cincinnati.

Joe Burrow to Tee Higgins

QB Bot Bengals to WR Bot Bengals
Reply/Quote
I was a season ticket holder his entire career thru 2018, then I opted out. I will never forget the anticipation of the fans when Dalton threw a long pass Green's way. We all knew something great may happen, the same way we felt when Palmer threw to Chad.

I hope he is not done, whether here or elsewhere. He was a great WR and always a class act. I hope our fans remember the AJ defenses feared. I have his white jersey, have only worn it 2 times. I will always keep it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote