Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Drew Sample is a Bum
(12-04-2020, 09:33 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Sample isn't really a bum. I think he's an okay TE considering the situation.

We're set with Uzomah and Sample.

With takes like this, who needs talent evaluators?

We heard it first here.  The bengals are set at TE with a bottom 25, wasted 2nd round, TE in Sample, and a backup TE coming off a torn Achilles. 

Great insight

No way they would want to get better here.  
Reply/Quote
Two biggest threads of late is Joe Burrow Injury and Drew Sample is a bum.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 06:01 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: With takes like this, who needs talent evaluators?

We heard it first here.  The bengals are set at TE with a bottom 25, wasted 2nd round, TE in Sample, and a backup TE coming off a torn Achilles. 

Great insight

Now that you’re off suspension you gonna contribute something or just go around trashing other posters?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 06:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Now that you’re off suspension you gonna contribute something or just go around trashing other posters?

Sample and Uzomah are one of the weakest TE combos in the NFL, possibly the worst. (Especially with an already bad TE coming back after Achillies Tear - he should be cut)

They need to upgrade the position. 

Is that better for for you?

Let me guess, you think they are great and bengals will be awesome at TE next year 
Reply/Quote
You get the best FA guard. Take Sewell in the first, an End/DT (if you're giving up on Atkins) in the second and a top TE in the third or fourth.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2020, 12:29 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Sample and Uzomah are one of the weakest TE combos in the NFL, possibly the worst. (Especially with an already bad TE coming back after Achillies Tear - he should be cut)

They need to upgrade the position. 

Is that better for for you?

Let me guess, you think they are great and bengals will be awesome at TE next year 

You were so close up until your snotty little comments at the end.

I agree the TEs aren’t anything to write home about. However, there are other positions that have higher priority for upgrade (OL, DL, CB, LB) IMO.

If we can get a vet TE in free agency that’s prob our best bet... I wouldn’t bother drafting one this year though, especially not in the first 4 rounds... too many other needs to fill.
Reply/Quote
Lol

Dude i love not logging in for a few days and logging in and seeing a thread on a guy. I be like what the hell did he do?

Naw but Sample is a pretty bad second round pick
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 06:01 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: With takes like this, who needs talent evaluators?

Great insight

Priorities. TE isn’t really one right now.
Reply/Quote
In case anyone was wondering what a real 2nd round TE looks like it’s this...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2020, 06:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Now that you’re off suspension you gonna contribute something or just go around trashing other posters?

He’ll come around when I’m proven correct.

They always do, even if they don’t wanna admit I’m right.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In case anyone was wondering what a real 2nd round TE looks like it’s this...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Where is the video of these guys

Cole Kmet
Troy Kiklas
Gavin Escobar
Adam Shaheen
Joe Klopfenstein
Maxx Williams

Sample is on pace for 44 receptions in his second season.  I am sure I can find a lot more 2nd round TEs that did not hve that type of production that early in their career.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sample is on pace for 44 receptions in his second season.  I am sure I can find a lot more 2nd round TEs that did not hve that type of production that early in their career.

How many of those guys were 8th in the NFL in snaps, and played for an offense that was 3rd in the league in pass attempts?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How many of those guys were 8th in the NFL in snaps, and played for an offense that was 3rd in the league in pass attempts?

I don't know.  I don't think those numbers really matter that much with a TE who is not one of the first options on pass plays.

Some offensive schemes put much more emphasis on throwing to the TE.  That is not the case here.  I doubt Sample is hardly ever one of the top options on a pass play.  It seems he does a lot of chip blocking and then runs short routes as a check down option.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In case anyone was wondering what a real 2nd round TE looks like it’s this...

Kinda harsh seeing as how he made a great block on our points of the day.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Kinda harsh seeing as how he made a great block on our points of the day.  

Great is a bit much, it was a decent block, but the TD only happened because the Miami DB took and absolutely terrible angle.

Reply/Quote
Is sample ever going to actually reach.the end zone
I.mean darn Kendall.Lamm of the 9 and 3 Browns
Has more TDs than Sample
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Is sample ever going to actually reach.the end zone
Has more TDs than Sample

If we had a competent o line and o coordinator I think he would. Drew Sample is a very good TE. Not all pro but very good. People are going to hate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:38 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: If we had a competent o line and o coordinator I think he would. Drew Sample is a very good TE. Not all pro but very good. People are going to hate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What evidence is there he’s “very good?” He was mediocre in college, and he’s been mediocre in the NFL. He can block. That’s it.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Kinda harsh seeing as how he made a great block on our points of the day.  

Not really.

That block is the single best play of Drew Sample’s career. I expect much more from a second round pick.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Is sample ever going to actually reach.the end zone
Has more TDs than Sample

Who?  Shocked

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote