Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drew Sample update
(09-28-2022, 12:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We are down a TE possibly for the year. Tobin doing jack shit about it is horrible roster management.

We should be in week two of teaching another TE picked up off the street our playbook. Instead we have an injured guy doing nothing.

Playing practicing and preparing one man short hurts the team no matter how you slice it.

Yeah, we lost one blocking TE and activated another one who didn't embarrass himself (Asiasi) so this is way too presumptuous and whiny.

Blocking TE isn't the focal point of our offense, so I don't see the issue here, Nati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 10:29 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, we lost one blocking TE and activated another one who didn't embarrass himself (Asiasi) so this is way too presumptuous and whiny.

Blocking TE isn't the focal point of our offense, so I don't see the issue here, Nati.

It doesn’t have to be a blocking TE. It could be any position. Literally anyone who is a healthy body is an upgrade on an injured guy who won’t be able to contribute potentially for the rest of the year.

Let’s go play a violent game on a short week, and better yet let’s handicap ourselves and play and prepare one man short. Awesome idea
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 07:04 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm fine with no TE moves although I hope we start using Hurst a little more just try and make it more down field no screens. But I hope we bring in a DT. It'll be worrisome if we just expect our own guys to just play more to carry the load of Reader missing time.

Feel the same with everything you say here Nugdukwe....

Use Hurst more in different ways and add a big NT like Linval Joseph or Danny Shelton and I think we would be much 
better off as a team right now when we NEED to win at least 2 of the next 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It doesn’t have to be a blocking TE. It could be any position. Literally anyone who is a healthy body is an upgrade on an injured guy who won’t be able to contribute potentially for the rest of the year.

Let’s go play a violent game on a short week, and better yet let’s handicap ourselves and play and prepare one man short. Awesome idea

Still I think the Reader injury is the one I am more concerned about addressing. Bring in Linval Joseph or Danny Shelton 
to cushion the load. We rely on DJ Reader stopping the run much more than Drew Sample's blocking...
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It doesn’t have to be a blocking TE. It could be any position. Literally anyone who is a healthy body is an upgrade on an injured guy who won’t be able to contribute potentially for the rest of the year.

We're not short  man. 53 man roster, 46 of which are dressed to play on game day, plus our practice squad guys that can be elevated for game day. Math is hard though....
Reply/Quote

What part of we have 6 players potentially coming off IR in the next couple of weeks don't you get?  At least 4 or 5 of these players will be placed back on the active roster.  Unless this mystery player is an upgrade over everyone on the active roster and practice squad, it wasn't worth it to just sign someone to have another body for 2 weeks...especially if this player was signed off the street where he wouldn't have been ready to play in the first place.  We have to remove 4 or 5 players from the active roster for Prince, Taylor-Britt, Anderson, Kareem, and maybe Wilson  We have 1 known move with Sample going to IR. Reader is likely a 2nd.  That means there are 2 or 3 more tough decisions to make.  No need to add yet another player into the mix.

Drew Sample not going on IR immediately is not going to make or break this team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote