Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driskel may see time with 1's
Seems we weren't the only ones intrigued by Driskel's play in pre season game 1.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/15/bengals-hint-jeff-driskel-reps-first-team-offensive-line/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 04:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Seems we weren't the only ones intrigued by Driskel's play in pre season game 1.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/15/bengals-hint-jeff-driskel-reps-first-team-offensive-line/

Its what I predicted to happen.... He gets the 1st string OL for at least a series or 2 after Dalton and some of the WRs leave the field.
Reply/Quote
First game just strengthened my confusion as to why Barkley was ever brought in. I'm not saying Driskel is an elite backup, but I do know that Barkley was proven to be total poop prior to joining the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Driskel and Barkley both suck, but Driskel at least has some spunk. He's more entertaining to watch, for whatever that's worth.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 08:22 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Driskel and Barkley both suck, but Driskel at least has some spunk.  He's more entertaining to watch, for whatever that's worth.

I'm not totally convinced Driskel does suck. I want to see him with the ones and see what he can actually do. We may all be shocked.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not totally convinced Driskel does suck. I want to see him with the ones and see what he can actually do. We may all be shocked.

This.  He has made some magic happen in preseason.....be interesting to see him with the ones and against the opponent's ones.  At the very least, I think he's a decent option at backup.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm ready to declare this a bonerfide QB controversy!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 09:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm ready to declare this a bonerfide QB controversy!

You’re that excited about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 09:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: This.  He has made some magic happen in preseason.....be interesting to see him with the ones and against the opponent's ones.  At the very least, I think he's a decent option at backup.

You can't win Superbowls with decent QBs. Smack
We can't even win playoff games with elite players.
Reply/Quote
I'm sending this thread right to the hard hitting bastion of truth about the Bengals, ESPN.. You know they'd defend Andy to their dying days.   Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Driskell looked better than AJM last year but hardly nobody would admit it.

But think giving him the stage is to see if they really need to bring in another back up or not.

Believe they realize Barkley is not the guy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Liked Driskell before so, but "Freds thread" about him really highlighted how much of an athlete the kid really is. Did not even realize until reading.

Maybe we need a "Freds Threads" forum. It would be interesting to say the least.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You can't win Superbowls with decent QBs. Smack

Ah c'mon, the Eagles just did....
Reply/Quote
Well, we can certainly rely on one writer to sing the praises of anyone that team chooses to play in any circumstance.  Ladies and gentlemen we have a choice and it's Hobsons choice ..A tyanical owner who refuses to budge and up and coming family members who want to move on.....
Oh heck , just watch the movie and see if you see any similarities .. This one is the 1920's silent version ,but still pretty good.. 
https://youtu.be/IV7CnQjL8t4
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 10:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You can't win Superbowls with decent QBs. Smack

LMAO .....I'd like to get Bridgewater.....but that ain't happenin'.  Driskel seems better than Barkley, and everyone loved some AJM, but I think Driskel has more potential than he did.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO .....I'd like to get Bridgewater.....but that ain't happenin'.  Driskel seems better than Barkley, and everyone loved some AJM, but I think Driskel has more potential than he did.

Exactly,

I don't think anyone believes Driskel is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino but I believe he may become a decent back up ? And that's all you can hope for, somebody who can hold the fort down for a couple games if need be., and give you somewhat of a chance to win a game.

I'd love to have Bridgewater as a back up or Joe Montana while we're at it but that's not happening ! Backup's are backup's for a reason. I just don't have any faith Barkley is anything other than what he's shown thus far. Five teams or whatever have let him go in six seasons or something like that. I doubt he's all the sudden going to become good. Like the Leonardleap says it's kinda confusing why they brought him in to begin with ? Connection to Lazor I guess ?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 08:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not totally convinced Driskel does suck. I want to see him with the ones and see what he can actually do. We may all be shocked.

Agree,

I'm not saying he's Nick Foles jr. but he just may do ? 
Reply/Quote
Barkley is crapola granola, Driskel is at least interesting, Woodside reminds me of a Pinto station wagon, Bridgewater ain't coming here unless we send a draft pick to NYC, AJ McCarron might be available eventually.

I want Driskel to start. When he throws a pick I'll convince myself people aren't saying BOOOOOOOO, they're saying Drisk-OOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Who would you rather have as your QB...Jeff Driskel or Steve Urkel?
Reply/Quote
Here's hoping Barkley is cut. I'm never for a man losing his job, but I just don't see it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 03:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Barkley is crapola granola, Driskel is at least interesting, Woodside reminds me of a Pinto station wagon, Bridgewater ain't coming here unless we send a draft pick to NYC, AJ McCarron might be available eventually.

I want Driskel to start.  When he throws a pick I'll convince myself people aren't saying BOOOOOOOO, they're saying Drisk-OOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Who would you rather have as your QB...Jeff Driskel or Steve Urkel?

How cool would that be?  Every time he completed a pass, they could blast his trademark "tee hee hee, snort" over the public address.   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote