Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driskel rest of way!?
I am about to heat up the last of leftovers from Thanksgiving. Stuffing and sweet potatoes should be good. And some green bean casserole.

But I am hoping the turkey is still good. It was an expensive turkey, from a local area farm. So it should still be good to eat today right? Thanks for feedback before I go eat soon.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Yay or nay on Driskel for rest of way?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I am about to heat up the last of leftovers from Thanksgiving. Stuffing and sweet potatoes should be good. And some green bean casserole.

But I am hoping the turkey is still good. It was an expensive turkey, from a local area farm. So it should still be good to eat today right? Thanks for feedback before I go eat soon.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Yay or nay on Driskel for rest of way?

At this point we will learn more at the end of the year if we do it with Driskell. We know what we have Dalton and it's nothing special. Driskell may not be either but it's worth a shot at this point. 
Reply/Quote
Why the hell not?

Reply/Quote
Driskel had two pick sixes dropped, people need to relax. Throw in the fact a couple crazy acrobatic catches had to bail him out a few other times. He is a decent back up but what we really learned was that tempo offenses are much more successful at attacking that defense.

Side note I’m not opposed to moving on from Dalton, but Driskel isn’t the answer at all.
Reply/Quote
At this point I really don't care what they do.

Only thing that matters to me is to clean house on this coaching staff including Hue.
Reply/Quote
5-11 here we come.

Tate had to twist and contort just too get a finger on some of those passes.

I imagine it'll be more of the same as Dalton. Hot and Cold. Good drives and depressingly bad drives.

This team isn't going anywhere until we get a truly truly elite talent at QB.
Reply/Quote
If Andy misses any time I think there's a former SF QB we should bring in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Andy misses any time I think there's a former SF QB we should bring in.

Not for a lost season. If we were in contention I’d agree
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: Driskel had two pick sixes dropped, people need to relax. Throw in the fact a couple crazy acrobatic catches had to bail him out a few other times. He is a decent back up but what we really learned was that tempo offenses are much more successful at attacking that defense.

Side note I’m not opposed to moving on from Dalton, but Driskel isn’t the answer at all.

Agree with the last sentence. Need to draft a QB.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not for a lost season. If we were in contention I’d agree

We're 1 game out
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 5-11 here we come.

Tate had to twist and contort just too get a finger on some of those passes.

I imagine it'll be more of the same as Dalton. Hot and Cold. Good drives and depressingly bad drives.

This team isn't going anywhere until we get a truly truly elite talent at QB.

Not to puff up Driskel, but I'm not sure Auden Tate is where he is supposed to be on those circus catches, either.  I'm not saying Driskel and Dalton and like Montana and Brady, but Tate and Ross just have that ability to make every single catch look like they're contorting and twisting and jumping and flying and blah blah blah.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Andy misses any time I think there's a former SF QB we should bring in.

I understand what you're saying but...

No way Mike Brown does that!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

JT O'Sullivan!!?
Reply/Quote
Maybe this offseason we can convince Buffalo they need a red headed back up and a new DC. Say for a 4th rounder and season passes to Niagara Falls tours. Maybe Bengals fans will thank Buffalo so much we make charitable donations in $14 increments to a charity of Buffalo’s FO choosing!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're 1 game out

Well THAT'S certainly reassuring . For a moment I thought the defense was done for and our starting QB was made of titanium.  WHEW! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Like we need to rest of the league to respect us any less. Any owner that brings in CK is going to be ostracized. Mike Brown is already probably one of the least popular owners as is.

Reply/Quote

we have also lost 5 of the last 6 ...1 game out when the arrow is trending up and you have lots of momentum then i'll buy it.
Reply/Quote

1 game out would certainly feel a lot better if we had won 5 of the last 6 rather than lost 5 of the last 6.
Reply/Quote

And have lost five of the last six. We have a defense still giving up 35+ every week. Bringing in a QB to save the day isn’t happening.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: Driskel had two pick sixes dropped, people need to relax. Throw in the fact a couple crazy acrobatic catches had to bail him out a few other times. He is a decent back up but what we really learned was that tempo offenses are much more successful at attacking that defense.

This.

Driskel was actually good fun to watch in an otherwise dire game and least he go them moving up the field and scoring....but he reminds me of Fitzpatrick - great mobility , really fires the ball but its boom or bust and he could just as easily throw 3 ints rather than 3 tds
Reply/Quote