Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drue Chrisman
He’s had a good punt here or there. Not consistent enough. Search is on in my opinion.

Need a new punter. Future right tackle. Corner. Never too early to load up on the dline. Reader only has a couple years until he’s officially getting old.

Hope to see another good draft, and for Dax Hill to learn from his mistakes and come on next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chrisman will escape a lot of criticism due to being a punter and due to the fact that so many other things went wrong in that 4th quarter.

Fact is, punting that ball in straight line down the field was almost as egregious if not more, than Ossai tagging Mahomes out of bounds. Ossai can at least blame adrenaline and the heat of the moment. Chrisman had one job at a critical moment, and not angling that ball was about the dumbest thing he could have done in that situation. It was a very expensive mistake that very much set them up to fail on the last drive. He gave the best qb in the game a short field to a game winning field goal and the defense had very little room for error.
Reply/Quote
Should have been fired as soon as the game ended. He's another of those things that add up to an eventual season ender.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I wantedg Huber replaced last offseason, when there was a much better chance in finding a new punter for the long term. But they didn't and we got a back up punter instead in middle of season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wantedg Huber replaced last offseason, when there was a much better chance in finding a new punter for the long term. But they didn't and we got a back up punter instead in middle of season.

Same. Granted, I wanted Araiza, so bullet dodged there. Still.. they needed to actually fix what we all knew was a problem going into the season but they let their nostalgia and hearts make a decision for them rather than their brains.

Watching the Chief's All-Pro punter pinning us on the 5 and 6 and then Chrisman goes with a low hangtime line drive punt right to the returner at the end of the game. They need to find someone who is good with leg strength, hangtime, and can also directionally punt.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Btw while we’re bashing bad special teams play - how many damn penalties did Dax Hill have this postseason? Starting to think the kid has million dollar talent, and a 10 cent brain.
Couldn't agree more. I hope Dax is not another Obuhia (spelling) situation where we let a good player go and the replacement isn't up to snuff
Reply/Quote