Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duane Brown
... Never gonna happen guys
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I agree, but that's going to be the asking price. 

LT is a very valuable position, and Brown is one of the best. Houston has to be thinking that if they can get a first for him they essentially traded Brown for Watson, which by the looks of it would very much be a net positive. If they can't, they risk looking like a very weak front office. If the asking price/price they'd take was a 2nd, Brown would already be lacing up in Seattle. 

Houston is in a "pay now" or "pay later" dilemma. Brown has an decent in-place contract so why has he chosen to upset the cider cart now? I definitely would NOT trade Geno or Dunlap for a disgruntled tackle. The Bengals had a happy tackle but didn't appreciate him and he walked. Now, they have to pay big time for a used tackle when they could have kept Whit for the same kind of money.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to start selling stuff to you guys. I could probably sell you guys a $5 bill for $20.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You think Houston wants a 1st for him?

I think they just want to move him and end the drama.

With Watt breaking a bone in his leg...their season is over.

Season is far from over, watts barely played last year and they won division
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Marvin has the pull, he would own up and stop the bleeding here. We are in week 5 swapping out OL like it's preseason. The kids played better but they need stability and they may be catching Houston at an opportune time.

You'd have to justify that OT is so far behind schedule, the 2018 FA class looks bad and you don't want to put yourself to take need with your top 2 picks. See if u can give up a rotational player and a 3rd and a window to negotiate a 3 yr 11Myr deal with descent guaranteed money. You pay a premium for where you are today. They wont do it yada yada, but I'd do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:29 PM)Derrick Wrote: Houston is in a "pay now" or "pay later" dilemma. Brown has an decent in-place contract so why has he chosen to upset the cider cart now? I definitely would NOT trade Geno or Dunlap for a disgruntled tackle. The Bengals had a happy tackle but didn't appreciate him and he walked. Now, they have to pay big time for a used tackle when they could have kept Whit for the same kind of money.

I'm guessing Browns guaranteed money was front loaded in his deal. Now he's playing for alot incentives on a team thats so so.

Edit: Brown signed a 56 mil contract with 22 mil guarenteed. He received a 12 million signing bonus. That means he only receives 10 million more guaranteed over 7 years. The other 34 million are in incentives.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He's going to report for Week 8 I've read. So he's essentially losing $4.5 million or so from this year. Say he signs a 3 year $36 million contract...that $4.5 million hurts.

Plus, Houston isn't negotiating with him. So he's unlikely to get that extension.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 09:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's going to report for Week 8 I've read. So he's essentially losing $4.5 million or so from this year. Say he signs a 3 year $36 million contract...that $4.5 million hurts.

Plus, Houston isn't negotiating with him. So he's unlikely to get that extension.

This isn't how it works. 

Your averaging out his entire contract but most of his contract is incentives. He's more likely to make around 2 million after missing half the season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:04 AM)phil413 Wrote: If Marvin has the pull, he would own up and stop the bleeding here. We are in week 5 swapping out OL like it's preseason.  The kids played better but they need stability and they may be catching Houston at an opportune time.

You'd have to justify that OT is so far behind schedule, the 2018 FA class looks bad and you don't want to put yourself to take need with your top 2 picks.  See if u can give up a rotational player and a 3rd and a window to negotiate a 3 yr 11Myr deal with descent guaranteed money.  You pay a premium for where you are today.  They wont do it yada yada, but I'd do it.

only giving up 1 sack to the #1 defense in the league is a huge improvement for the OL...   they are improving  playcalling is helping tremendously.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 09:51 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's going to report for Week 8 I've read. So he's essentially losing $4.5 million or so from this year. Say he signs a 3 year $36 million contract...that $4.5 million hurts.

1 major problem for him. He is piling up major fines also. It appears the Texans are taking a stance and he will also have to pay the fines prior to returning to the team. If so, he may be paying for nothing in 2017 the last 8 games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Two reasons a trade won't happen.

1.) Before the season Marvin said the line is fine.(Even though we all know it isn't.)
2.) When was the last time the Bengals made a meaningful trade DURING the season? Heck,
when was the last time they made a meaningful trade period. Can't see a trade happening, even during the bye week.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 1 major problem for him. He is piling up major fines also. It appears the Texans are taking a stance and he will also have to pay the fines prior to returning to the team. If so, he may be paying for nothing in 2017 the last 8 games.

Yeah...which is crazy. I don't see how he thinks that holding out is making him come out ahead in this.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:21 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Two reasons a trade won't happen.

1.) Before the season Marvin said the line is fine.(Even though we all know it isn't.)
2.) When was the last time the Bengals made a meaningful trade DURING the season? Heck,
when was the last time they made a meaningful trade period. Can't see a trade happening, even during the bye week.

The Bengals make decent trades generally evaluating under-the-radar guys like Reggie Nelson, Deltha Oneal, and Chris Smith.

They don't seem to make trades for guys with huge contracts that are disgruntled.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:21 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Two reasons a trade won't happen.

2011 wasn't that long ago    how old are you? to old or young to remember?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...which is crazy. I don't see how he thinks that holding out is making him come out ahead in this.

At this point, he better pray for a trade. Why would the Texans who now have lost 2 huge defensive players to injury and likely killed any Super Bowl chance dismiss the fines for no reason? A trade is one reason, but other than that I have a hunch they make him pay the fines as they have no intention of keeping him in Houston next year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2011 wasn't that long ago    how old are you? to old or young to remember?

I'm 45. Are you talking about the Palmer trade? IMO, that was a special case, Carson was sitting out and would rather RETIRE than play for the Bengals again. If not for Hue Jackson talking some sense to Mike Brown, I believe Carson would be sitting on his front porch in California with his feet propped up today.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 11:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The question becomes compensation. Houston probably wants a 1st Rd pick at a minimum. Do you give that for a 32 year old disgruntled LT? Folks will say "trade Hill" but Houston is all set at RB. They might go for a Geno swap now that Watt is down; do we do that?

Hell no!  Geno is the best interior DL in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 02:44 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Hell no!  Geno is the best interior DL in the league. 

LOL. People talking about trading Geno for Brown. That's crazy.

Brown is declining and isn't even a Top 10 Tackle in the league. He's 32. He's disgruntled and making a stupid decision to hold out.

Lets pay a kings ransom for him!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 03:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LOL. People talking about trading Geno for Brown. That's crazy.

Brown is declining and isn't even a Top 10 Tackle in the league. He's 32. He's disgruntled and making a stupid decision to hold out.

Lets pay a kings ransom for him!

If you offered Atkins for Brown the Texans GM would probably hang up on you because he'd assume you're trolling him. Geno is a premiere DT. A HOF talent.

It's as logical as "Hey Mr Thompson, I hear you have some injuries at the tackle position. Hey, I got this young kid, first round talent, goes by Ogbehui, you gotta see the arm length on this kid. I'm talking about off the charts athleticism. Would I bs you, Ted? Anyways, yeah I have a lot respect for your organization, so why don't I send you him and take that big contract of your aging QB off your hands? Ted? You still there Ted?"
Reply/Quote