Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Duke Tobin
(04-07-2021, 04:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zach doesnt really have a plan and definately wasnt qualified for the job.

We can just hope he figures it out before we waste to much more time

Speculation, much?

Look, I'm not defending the guy and plenty of criticism is deserved for him, but you don't know anymore than I do, "if he has a plan or not."

Hyperbolic bullshit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 04:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Speculation, much?

Look, I'm not defending the guy and plenty of criticism is deserved for him, but you don't know anymore than I do, "if he has a plan or not."

Hyperbolic bullshit.

Here's what I *think*.

Taylor was brought in with his vision, but Mike and the rest of the FO wanted/hoped he could get that vision implemented with the players he inherited such that they could turn around the team within a year or two.

We've seen that Taylor's and Anarumo's schemes didn't do well with the players they inherited, so they have done a lot of roster churn to try to get there.

Now, we're basically seeing a brand new team since Taylor took over in 2019, and the clock is ticking for Taylor's crew to prove this revamp was worth it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 04:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's what I *think*.

Taylor was brought in with his vision, but Mike and the rest of the FO wanted/hoped he could get that vision implemented with the players he inherited such that they could turn around the team within a year or two.

We've seen that Taylor's and Anarumo's schemes didn't do well with the players they inherited, so they have done a lot of roster churn to try to get there.

Now, we're basically seeing a brand new team since Taylor took over in 2019, and the clock is ticking for Taylor's crew to prove this revamp was worth it.

Exactly.

The guy has now been given 2 offseasons and a season, to bring in his people and work out the kinks; his leash is very short at this point and barring a stellar record, I would think he's gone.

But I'm not psychic lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 04:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Exactly.

The guy has now been given 2 offseasons and a season, to bring in his people and work out the kinks; his leash is very short at this point and barring a stellar record, I would think he's gone.

But I'm not psychic lol

Personally, I'm not impressed with either Taylor or Anarumo when it comes to calling an offense/defense.
If you need that many new pieces to hopefully make something good, it indicates you can't adapt to fit the players you have and/or you just aren't able to run a good offense/defense regardless of the players you have.

If Taylor or Anarumo had proven to run a Top 15 offense or defense prior to coming in, I'd have more confidence they'll get there eventually, but they didn't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Taylor vs Shula.

That's how I see it.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 04:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're Elise Jesse, aren't you?

Truck that's funny shit lol dude I'll be the first to give props to this organization anytime we're headed in the right direction. 

Currently, IMO we're not.  I been a Bengals fan since 1982 so I've seen a LOT of bad football but I'd put the last 2 years of football even above Shula years.  I had hope going into last year but that hope faded when Burrow got hurt then our defense showed it was swiss cheese.  

Going into this year, I have hopes. I hope that this offensive line can actually play like an NFL offensive line and block for the QB and block to establish a decent running game to take the game off Burrows shoulders. 

I HOPE that Lou maybe studied something this off season and actually knows how to coach a defense.  

I hope that our 2nd and 3 year players continue to improve and I hope that we kill the draft. 

However, my realistic expectations are that the Bengals FO and coaching staff will somehow F*** up this draft again. 

That by the 8th game of the year Burrow will be out with another injury of some kind, and our defense will rank in the 25-30 range.  

I do think we have talent to rank in the top 10 offensively if we stay healthy but that wont make up for the abysmal other side of the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 04:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're Elise Jesse, aren't you?

You clearly know nothing about Elise Jesse.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 04:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Speculation, much?

Hyperbolic bullshit.
To be fair, has it looked like there's a plan the last 2 years? Just sayin

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 06:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You clearly know nothing about Elise Jesse.
to be fair Wes, just to make sure I have the correct person. Doesn't she fairly criticize the Bengals organization from time to time on twitter? Honestly, I don't think I'm being negative. I feel I'm offering my opinion based on the overall work done by the FO and coaching staff.

Reply/Quote
Here come the " this is what I would do" people....Seriously people, you're entitled to your opinion, but being a coach on your son's pee wee squad hardly makes you NFL material. You have no clue what happens inside the walls of PBS. Just to make blank statements without facts is crazy gibberish.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 08:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Here come the " this is what I would do" people....Seriously people, you're entitled to your opinion, but being a coach on your son's pee wee squad hardly makes you NFL material. You have no clue what happens inside the walls of PBS. Just to make blank statements without facts is crazy gibberish.
well unfortunately Sand your right. I have no clue what goes on at PBS. I'm starting to think Zac and Duke don't either considering the record the last 2 years is 6-25-1. The franchises worst coach in history, Dave Shula, has a better win percentage than that.

Reply/Quote