Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin declined interview requests from Titans & Lions
Apparently Tobin decline interview requests from Lions and Titans for GM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/05/report-duke-tobin-turns-down-titans-lions-g-m-interviews/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
This is a good sign! I wonder if Mike is going to finally give him the GM title like he deserves.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:24 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently Tobin decline interview requests from Lions and Texans for GM.

Attaboy Duke! We don't want you to go anywhere.....for a long time!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I know the answer is "because Mike Brown" but I've never understood why we don't slap a GM label on Tobin. Wouldn't that prevent other teams from approaching him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:33 PM)Benton Wrote: I know the answer is "because Mike Brown" but I've never understood why we don't slap a GM label on Tobin. Wouldn't that prevent other teams from approaching him?

....Because Mike Brown, that it literally the answer. Mike wanted to be "the guy" that made all the calls and got all the credit, similar to Jerry Jones in Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: ....Because Mike Brown, that it literally the answer. Mike wanted to be "the guy" that made all the calls and got all the credit, similar to Jerry Jones in Dallas.

Wanted to as in the past.... He gave up most control but he is still active as in always on site.

But maybe Duke Turbin likes it here... Or maybe hes been promised the position

Or maybe he makes enough without the title

Or he doesnt want to deal with the messes that are the lions and titans.
Reply/Quote
From what I understand, he 100% deserves the title and the prestige the comes with it. With multiple teams approaching him, I think the time is now. As the Bengals have more and more success, he will become and even more sought after candidate. Eventually some part of him is going to want the recognition.
Reply/Quote
Tobin is in the ultimate position. Have a GM role without the pressure or scapegoatness that comes along with being an actual GM. I don't blame him for not leaving.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: From what I understand, he 100% deserves the title and the prestige the comes with it. With multiple teams approaching him, I think the time is now. As the Bengals have more and more success, he will become and even more sought after candidate. Eventually some part of him is going to want the recognition.

He might already get paid to be the GM without the Title..

The title itself is just words. and judging by how often GMs get fired possibly one he doesnt want lol
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: From what I understand, he 100% deserves the title and the prestige the comes with it.  With multiple teams approaching him, I think the time is now.  As the Bengals have more and more success, he will become and even more sought after candidate.  Eventually some part of him is going to want the recognition.

How do you know that? Do you know him? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How do you know that? Do you know him? 

As long as he is getting paid appropriately and is given the respect around the building, who cares what his title is?

He deserves a huge amount of credit for getting this team's roster built.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How do you know that? Do you know him? 

It is human nature.  Perhaps he is not ultra competitive, but to be successful in his industry, he is almost certainly so.  There are not many people in life who can do what he does, it takes a certain mental makeup.
And for those who say "maybe he is already paid like a GM".  Maybe he is, but it's not all about money... it is about the challenge, the competition, and yes the recognition.  If it were just about money, coaches wouldn't stick around until they are 65-70 years old and have more money than they can possible spend.  It's why a guy like Coughlin says he is open to coaching again, because that is how they are wired.
Reply/Quote
Every time I hear him talk he sounds like a GM.Very underrated part of the team and he might be the most important part of the team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Most important member of staff for this Franchise. The drafts this team has had since 2010 is down right incredible when you compare it to the rest of the league.

Reply/Quote
Praise Jeebus.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:24 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently Tobin decline interview requests from Lions and Texans for GM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/05/report-duke-tobin-turns-down-titans-lions-g-m-interviews/

"Tobin has rebuffed their requests for interviews and plans to remain in the Bengals front office."

Good to hear.

We will be pillaged but at least he won't be one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 05:05 PM)J24 Wrote: Every time I hear him talk he sounds like a GM.Very underrated part of the team and he might be the most important part of the team.

i love listening to the bengals on radio as he tends to join them at halftime and talk bengals football for a good while.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i love listening to the bengals on radio as he tends to join them at halftime and talk bengals football for a good while.

He also sits in the booth for at least a quarter in every pre season broadcast, talks about players.  Great segments.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Huge news for us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
That's good. If Marvin doesn't move to the front office, we need Duke.,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote