Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Duke Tobin's star rising in Bengals' front office
Interesting article on NFL.com front page. Not much we didn't know, but interesting he is working the podium instead of Marvin this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637749/article/duke-tobins-star-rising-in-bengals-front-office
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 03:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting article on NFL.com front page. Not much we didn't know, but interesting he is working the podium instead of Marvin this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637749/article/duke-tobins-star-rising-in-bengals-front-office

One of the best indicators of where a guy's star stands is how many people are coming after you to work for them.  If Duke was ever any kind of secret, he ain't no more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's blessed to have that job.  Does a great job. Hope he / they keep it up.

WHO DEY!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 03:53 PM)McC Wrote: One of the best indicators of where a guy's star stands is how many people are coming after you to work for them.  If Duke was ever any kind of secret, he ain't no more.

yeah had to turn down a couple job offers this year..

Will continue to get offers as long as we are putting a roster like this on the field.
Reply/Quote
Duke is all about loyalty and guess what so is MB.
He will be here a long time.

While he might not carry the official title I think in house and in his salary prob reflects what he really is to the team.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 06:10 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Duke is all about loyalty and guess what so is MB.
He will be here a long time.

While he might not carry the official title I think in house and in his salary prob reflects what he really is to the team.

My question before has been why we don't put the title on him, though. It would prevent another team from poaching him (because, no matter how loyal he is, there's always somewhere with greener grass). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 06:30 PM)Benton Wrote: My question before has been why we don't put the title on him, though. It would prevent another team from poaching him (because, no matter how loyal he is, there's always somewhere with greener grass). 

If another team wants to try and poach Duke a title isn't going to be the barrier.  You can ALWAYS make up a title that is more prestegious than the previous one...even for the identical job with identical responsibilities.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
MB better put up his dukes and fight off any callers.

Because we definitely can not afford to lose Duke Tobin.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 03:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting article on NFL.com front page. Not much we didn't know, but interesting he is working the podium instead of Marvin this year.

For me this is the product of the decade long "Mike Brown Step Down" campaign.

It just took Mikey B this long to let the cat out of the bag to save face.

Reply/Quote
Absolutely love Tobin's quote  "It's not an individual game at any level," Tobin offered. "It's not an individual game in personnel; it's not an individual game on the field. When you start reaching out for individual glory, it breaks down."

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have to admit, I was pretty worried after year 20 or so, but Mike Brown FINALLY proved he can be this team's GM and things can work!
Reply/Quote
I liked a ton of his quotes. I find it most interesting, though, that Tobin will be the one answering questions at the Combine and not Lewis.

It honestly sounds like Tobin is our GM without the title. He should be given it, however. Ever since Mike Brown loosened his control and grip on the team, Tobin and Katy have made quite the team from top to bottom.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
good read, thanks for posting
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 01:29 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I liked a ton of his quotes. I find it most interesting, though, that Tobin will be the one answering questions at the Combine and not Lewis.

It honestly sounds like Tobin is our GM without the title. He should be given it, however. Ever since Mike Brown loosened his control and grip on the team, Tobin and Katy have made quite the team from top to bottom.

Tobin probly has more final say on draft picks than marvin.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 09:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For me this is the product of the decade long "Mike Brown Step Down" campaign.

It just took Mikey B this long to let the cat out of the bag to save face.

Yea cause some Billboards like 8 years ago finally worked.   LOL.
Reply/Quote
If he's basically a GM, why not just go ahead and give him the title?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 06:30 PM)Benton Wrote: My question before has been why we don't put the title on him, though. It would prevent another team from poaching him (because, no matter how loyal he is, there's always somewhere with greener grass). 

I've said the same thing before.  If he is acting as a General Manager, then give him both the title and the respect that comes with it.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 02:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If he's basically a GM, why not just go ahead and give him the title?

Not sure but it doesnt seem to be a factor for him much... hes been here a long time and didnt even interview for GM spots when offered.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 04:21 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I've said the same thing before.  If he is acting as a General Manager, then give him both the title and the respect that comes with it.

It is funny that Mike Brown still has the GM title.  Why doesn't he just say he's the team's starting QB and sexiest player, too?
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure but it doesnt seem to be a factor for him much... hes been here a long time and didnt even interview for GM spots when offered.

Maybe they're planning on moving him to GM in the future, or something to that effect.

Our team is very quiet about what goes on inside the house until years later.

We didn't find out about Mike Brown wanting Kaepernick or Malet over Dalton until a few years later.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote