Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke and Zac Press Conferences
First up Duke

quotes per Charlie Goldsmith of the Enquirer

spending:"You've got to be really judicious with your money and determine what's needed and what's just wanted. It's a finite pie."
"We want to keep as many good players as we can, but there are always hard decisions to make."

Joe Burrow: rehab going well. He's at the facility a great deal

Tee: He's a good player who we think makes us better. Won't respond to hypotheticals

Sam Hubbard: powered through a "dramatic" injury. Extremely versatile, one of the best

Myles Murphy: growing up and they are excited about his progession over the last season

Joe Mixon: "In terms of predicting anyone's role going forward, I'm not going to do that on the podium. Those are roster building strategies and things we're talking through with every player."

TE: time to end the revolving door. They want a pass catcher and blocker bonus if they can do both. Gotta be Joe approved

DJ Reader: conversations are happening. He's in the building every day rehabbing which is going well

Dax Hill: versatile player moving to CB is an option

RT: looking for a long term solution whether it be a young guy or a youngish veteran

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:55 PM)pally Wrote: First up Duke

spending:"You've got to be really judicious with your money and determine what's needed and what's just wanted. It's a finite pie."
"We want to keep as many good players as we can, but there are always hard decisions to make."

Joe Burrow: rehab going well.  He's at the facility a great deal

Tee: He's a good player who we think makes us better.  Won't respond to hypotheticals

Sam Hubbard: powered through a "dramatic" injury.  Extremely versatile, one of the best

Myles Murphy: growing up and they are excited about his progession over the last season

Joe Mixon: "In terms of predicting anyone's role going forward, I'm not going to do that on the podium. Those are roster building strategies and things we're talking through with every player."

TE: time to end the revolving door.  They want a pass catcher and blocker bonus if they can do both.  Gotta be Joe approved

DJ Reader: conversations are happening.  He's in the building every day rehabbing which is going well

My take on it:  Mixon might be cut.  They will listen to offers on Higgins.  Reader has a chance at being re-signed unless he just wants too much.  TE looks like they could be weighing several options.  They want pass catching #1 and blocking is a bonus so I could imagine Hudson being re-signed to a multi-year contract if its not too expensive.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: My take on it:  Mixon might be cut.  They will listen to offers on Higgins.  Reader has a chance at being re-signed unless he just wants too much.  TE looks like they could be weighing several options.  They want pass catching #1 and blocking is a bonus so I could imagine Hudson being re-signed to a multi-year contract if its not too expensive.

Hudson is 29 and he won't cost that much. This also tells me I think they're gonna be in on Onwenu.
Reply/Quote
Zac at the podium

Joe Burrow: no timeline on rehab but progressing as expected
Tee: good relationship with player. You don't let a player like that walk out the door
Joe Mixon: ‘’there are certain things you’re looking for in your RB room’’ Says it doesn’t have to come from one player (note roster bonus due Mar 17)
new coaches: interviewed a number of prospects...liked hearing new voices

Jordan Battle: evolving leader
Andrei and Charlie: very high on making the jump next season

lots of questions about Brian Callahan

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I’ve heard too Zac was tired of the revolving door at TE already shared they were tired of it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don’t like reading that about Dax. Let him develop at FS

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
My thoughts on this:

1) I think we will be a player in FA for Onwenu (NE) or Elumanor (LV) either one opens up the 1st/ 2nd rd for us.

2) I think Mixon is a cap casualty, cuts have to be made and he comes with a 6.1 million hit, and a 3.3 million roster bonus, we can draft a RB, or get a veteran like AJ Dillon much cheaper and a better blocker for JoeyB.

3) I think Dax will be used more at CB this year and we will be looking at Safety in FA, maybe raid a rival and get Geno Stone (Balt)

4) I think Hudson will be back at TE, but I see us drafting a TE as early as rd 4

5) DJ Reader to me is the wildcard, hopefully we can bring him back on a nice contract, if not gotta look at 1st/3rd rd draft and a veteran replacement. Rankins (NYJ)?
Reply/Quote
I think they want Bowers bad.
Mixon def on the chopping block.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t like reading that about Dax. Let him develop at FS

Right? Sounds like a disaster. Three positions in three years. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:29 PM)CottonHill Wrote: I think they want Bowers bad.

I agree with this. I feel like Bowers to the Bengals has gained a lot of steam lately. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? Sounds like a disaster. Three positions in three years. 

They’re really fumbling the bag here. I think they want to groom Dax to replace Hilton, but it’s just best to keep him at FS. It’s a lot to try and master 2 different positions

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:55 PM)pally Wrote: First up Duke

Joe Burrow: rehab going well.  He's at the facility a great deal

Tee: He's a good player who we think makes us better.  Won't respond to hypotheticals

Sam Hubbard: powered through a "dramatic" injury.  Extremely versatile, one of the best

TE: time to end the revolving door.  They want a pass catcher and blocker bonus if they can do both.  Gotta be Joe approved

DJ Reader: conversations are happening.  He's in the building every day rehabbing which is going well

Dax Hill: versatile player moving to CB is an option

RT: looking for a long term solution whether it be a young guy or a youngish veteran

Thanks for this, pally. 

My $0.02: 

Higgins: We won't rule out a trade, but it is really gonna have to be a win for us. Equal value or close to it means he stays. 

RT: so much for my stopgap/vet options (Smith & Brown). Agree that we could be in on Eluemunor or Onwenu. If it is the latter, Rd1 opens up. Or it could mean we draft someone. If the FA investment is significant, I do not see a Rd1 pick. 

Hubbard/Murphy: we think we are just fine at DE. I'd take that iff the board entirely in FA/draft. 

Reader: a good chance he is back. And on a fair deal. Rehab going well. This makes me happy. 

TE: glad to hear they want to end the revolving door. Valuing receiving more than blocking is par for us. Comments lead to believe drafting a TE is very much on the table: R1 Bowers, Rd2 Sanders, Rd3 Stover/Sinnott, Rd3-4 Johnson. But Schultz might also fit the bill. 

Hill: the comments about moving to CB suggest S is on the table more than CB, which surprises me a bit. Given the earlier tidbit about CB looking like a priority at the combine. It is a deep FA S class and that could create good value. And I do think Hill is better closer to the line or matched up with TEs. 

Mixon: that sounds ominous. I have been steadfast that Joe stays. But that has even me wondering. Though it could be pressure to renegotiate (again).
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:22 PM)pally Wrote: Zac at the podium

Joe Burrow: no timeline on rehab but progressing as expected
Tee: good relationship with player. You don't let a player like that walk out the door
Joe Mixon: ‘’there are certain things you’re looking for in your RB room’’  Says it doesn’t have to come from one player (note roster bonus due Mar 17)
new coaches: interviewed a number of prospects...liked hearing new voices

Jordan Battle: evolving leader
Andrei and Charlie: very high on making the jump next season

lots of questions about Brian Callahan

Zac has me more confident Tee stays. 

Zac has me positive Boyd is gone, and less confident we use a pick on a WR at all. 

He muddled the water on Mixon. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:29 PM)CottonHill Wrote: I think they want Bowers bad.

They aren't going to move up 10 spots in the draft for a TE with questionable blocking skills.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: They aren't going to move up 10 spots in the draft for a TE with questionable blocking skills.

Stewy you must of missed the "blocking is a bonus" 

If Bengals get Bowers you won't find too many unhappy Bengals fans.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Stewy you must of missed the "blocking is a bonus" 

If Bengals get Bowers you won't find too many unhappy Bengals fans.

entirely NOT the point - there is no way the Bengals move up 10 spots to take a TE period.  How's that?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: They aren't going to move up 10 spots in the draft for a TE with questionable blocking skills.

They might not need to move up if Bowers size causes him to drop.

Reply/Quote
Duke was also interviewed by PK and Milz today on Sirius. So snippets;

States he's stated it as plainly as possible. We signed Tee because we want Tee and our Team is better w/ Tee. BUT he also stated they'd be foolish not to listen to offers.

Battle is good and could wear the green dot this year and play FS. This combined w/ The Pally post of Dax "can move" to CB, leads me to believe they'll be in the market for the best DB in the draft regardless of position.

Zac is "amazing" at how much he processes during a game

Pritcher brings extra value because he came up as a scout

Owes it to the fans to be as open as possible without hurting the team's plans
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Duke was also interviewed by PK and Milz today on Sirius. So snippets;

States he's stated it as plainly as possible. We signed Tee because we want Tee and our Team is better w/ Tee. BUT he also stated they'd be foolish not to listen to offers.

Battle is good and could wear the green dot this year and play FS. This combined w/ The Pally post of Dax "can move" to CB, leads me to believe they'll be in the market for the best DB in the draft regardless of position.

Zac is "amazing" at how much he processes during a game

Pritcher brings extra value because he came up as a scout

Owes it to the fans to be as open as possible without hurting the team's plans
If Battle is gonna play FS then who's gonna start at SS???  Do we look at possibly drafting Tyler Nubin??
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 11:38 PM)pulses Wrote: If Battle is gonna play FS then who's gonna start at SS???  Do we look at possibly drafting Tyler Nubin??

Who knows, but it seems nothing is settled in the D-backfield. I could see Cooper DeJean; as he could probably play every spot in the backfield.

Just as long as it's not Nick Scott.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote