Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap traded to Seattle
(10-28-2020, 10:05 PM)pally Wrote: he won't be playing this weekend.  he has to clear COVID protocol 

This is what I don't understand. 

If we had been scheduled to travel to Seattle and play the Seahawk this weekend and Carlos was still a Bengal; he'd play in the game

Ir the Bills would have traveled to play us this weekend and Spain would have still been a Bill; he's play in the game.

But because they are now members of those teams they must pass a protocol. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is what I don't understand. 

If we had been scheduled to travel to Seattle and play the Seahawk this weekend and Carlos was still a Bengal; he'd play in the game

Ir the Bills would have traveled to play us this weekend and Spain would have still been a Bill; he's play in the game.

Yeah, it makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
Now trade Ross...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 05:37 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Laphem lost credibility after he dogged Jermaine Gresham IMO. Dude should zip it on player effort.

How did he dog him?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How did he dog him?

I believe Lap said something about Gresh not trying out there...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:01 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Now trade Ross...

For this now Bengalitis lol
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How did he dog him?

"Gresham looked good in pregame, so I'm surprised he's not active. But if he wants to desert his teammates like that, fine, we'd rather not have him."

Reply/Quote
The Seahawk fans are happy getting Carlos Dunlap. I was on the Seattle message boards this evening and they are excited.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:05 PM)pally Wrote: he won't be playing this weekend.  he has to clear COVID protocol 

Gah, completely forgot!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Seahawk fans are happy getting Carlos Dunlap.  I was on the Seattle message boards this evening and they are excited.

They better hope he puts out full effort and doesn't over pursue...

And they better hope he is not done, could be the case.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is what I don't understand. 

When they travel with the team they are in a bubble essentially.  They are only on the plane with tested people.  Dunlap for instance wasn't tested today or yesterday (day off) and will be flying commercially to Seattle.  They will have to wait through multiple testing rounds before they can determine if he is clear.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe Lap said something about Gresh not trying out there...

(10-28-2020, 11:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Gresham looked good in pregame, so I'm surprised he's not active. But if he wants to desert his teammates like that, fine, we'd rather not have him."

Lap was comparing Gresham to a couple other players that were trying to play throught injuries. Marv fully expected Gresh to play that Sunday and made comments to that effect on the Friday before. Gresham went through warmups and appeared to be ok, only to be scratched because he felt he was in too much pain to make it through the game. 

With what other players were doing to try and get on the field, Lapham, a guy who undoubtedly played through plenty of pain himself, pointed that out and felt that Gresh--who had just gone through warmups and looked ok--was being selfish. 

During post game, Gresh interrupted a Marv interview to confront Lap, accusing him of saying he "quit". Semantics, but Lap didn't use that word. 

That's not dogging Gresham. That's a guy who played the game, watching other guys work through pain and try to get on the field, after just watching Gresham go through warmups and expecting him to play--cause Marv even said it--giving his opinion as an analyst for the Bengals. 

I'm on Lapham's side here. Gresh tried to go at Lap, but Lap didn't back down. Gresh looked like a little ***** for the whole thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 06:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought Price only played his final year at C, the other two at G.
If that's right, then no he wasn't primarily a C.

It's different anyway for NFL vs college. In college, Price could get away with his lack of length and athleticism because he's going against college guys.
In the pros, you're going against guys often much bigger and more athletic, so that length and athleticism is more important.

WhoDey2 I couldn't find it any where. So I used what I could find. Maybe he he was a G...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 11:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lap was comparing Gresham to a couple other players that were trying to play throught injuries. Marv fully expected Gresh to play that Sunday and made comments to that effect on the Friday before. Gresham went through warmups and appeared to be ok, only to be scratched because he felt he was in too much pain to make it through the game. 

With what other players were doing to try and get on the field, Lapham, a guy who undoubtedly played through plenty of pain himself, pointed that out and felt that Gresh--who had just gone through warmups and looked ok--was being selfish. 

During post game, Gresh interrupted a Marv interview to confront Lap, accusing him of saying he "quit". Semantics, but Lap didn't use that word. 

That's not dogging Gresham. That's a guy who played the game, watching other guys work through pain and try to get on the field, after just watching Gresham go through warmups and expecting him to play--cause Marv even said it--giving his opinion as an analyst for the Bengals. 

I'm on Lapham's side here. Gresh tried to go at Lap, but Lap didn't back down. Gresh looked like a little ***** for the whole thing. 

For real? e
Laps said Gresh deserted his team mates, but you blame Gresham for summarizing that as quit?

Gresh never played in fewer than 14 games every season he was here, while being a physical inline TE that could catch. It was later discovered that Gresh played most of that season with a herniated disc that required surgery. 

Laps was the one who turned punk once confronted. Hiding behind semantics. 

Reply/Quote
Who cares? Lap is still here and bleeds orange and black, and Gresham has been gone for years.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? e
Laps said Gresh deserted his team mates, but you blame Gresham for summarizing that as quit?

Gresh never played in fewer than 14 games every season he was here, while being a physical inline TE that could catch. It was later discovered that Gresh played most of that season with a herniated disc that required surgery. 

Laps was the one who turned punk once confronted. Hiding behind semantics. 

How many 3rd down false starts did Lap have, compared to Gresh? 

Or fumbles in the 4th Q during a comeback. Wait...Lap never touched the ball. Scratch that last one. 

I liked him for the most part but it was a ***** move to interrupt Marvs interview to try and be a tough guy.

Lap was a way better teammate than Gresham ever was. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How many 3rd down false starts did Lap have, compared to Gresh? 

Or fumbles in the 4th Q during a comeback. Wait...Lap never touched the ball. Scratch that last one. 

I liked him for the most part but it was a ***** move to interrupt Marvs interview to try and be a tough guy.

Lap was a way better teammate than Gresham ever was. 

What does any of that have to do with what Laps said about Gresh and then punked out once called on it? 

You have no idea is Laps was a better team mate than Gresh. I can share some stories about Gresh that would melt your heart. Forinstance, remember what happened in the last game he played in New Orleans when he tried to give Bengal fan the ball? Or how he recently paid for a girls ticket at the airport...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What does any of that have to do with what Laps said about Gresh and then punked out once called on it? 

Maybe Laps definition of quit and desert are much different than yours or Gresh's?

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I can share some stories about Gresh that would melt your heart.

I don't know man. I'm a pretty cold-hearted mofo. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 12:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know man. I'm a pretty cold-hearted mofo. 

Go watch Old Yeller and get back to me. 

Reply/Quote